Questar Assessment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Questar Assessment

2.7

Senior Scrum Master Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

Went through typical phone screening with talent acquisition. Then a couple weeks later I met with several people in person at the corporate office. The people were generally nice but the office layout and organization was a mess. Also, everyone kept asking about working long hours and my availability. The overall office environment seemed depressing. It was palpable and you could tell the general demeanor was grim. It was apparent that it was a bunch of overworked people in an uninspiring office environment. No offer made but maybe my reluctance was evident. The CTO seemed very impressed with himself. Probably dodged a bullet here.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable regularly working long hours?   1 Answer

Test Scorer Interview

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview process that took about 20 minutes to complete. In addition to the interview, I took a basic math, writing and reading test to ensure that my skills would match the needs of the position.

Scorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Had to take a few simple math and english tests before proceeding to a face to face interview with a supervisor. They specifically wanted degree holders for the job.

Reader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN).

Interview

I had to take a series of test in all school subject areas including writing a 5 paragraph essay to a prompt much like high school students would take on a bench mark assessment test. I was given a one on one interview with an HR personnel in the large testing center.

Interview Questions

• How do you view yourself as a leader?   1 Answer

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a 30-minute phone screen, followed by another 30-minute phone screen with a team member from Bulgaria - those went well. Then they had me come in for a round of in-person interviews - there were four rounds and this took around three hours. Then I had a 30-minute phone interview with the CTO. That went well so I had a 30-minute in-person interview with the CEO. All together this process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you work for me for one year, then quit. Why?   2 Answers
    • Describe for me a challenging technical problem and how you solved it.   1 Answer
    • How do you motivate your team?   1 Answer
    • If you promise to bring me your technical chops and I promise to teach you how to manage people, is that a deal we can make?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Questar Assessment.

Interview

It was a long process. Three phone interviews which stretched over 1.5 months and finally an in-person interview with several people from different departments which took over 3 hours. The first interviewers were the other PMs the hiring position would be working with, they were rude. One of the PM had her hands in her sweatshirt pocket the entire time and looked annoyed that she had to interview me. The other PM was a bit more pleasant to talk with. It was more of a complaint session for them rather than an interview. After asking them some questions it was obvious there was no structure of team or workflow management. They were not PMs but simply task pushers. They don't even have a team dedicated to their projects and process is basically: just keep emailing your resources to work your project tasks and if no one responds, email resource management.

After the interview I was still determined to get a job there regardless of how bad my interview experience was because I felt I can't let this company fail when so many children's educational assessments are on the line. I wanted to use all my successful project management expertise to help the company succeed but obviously they did not want me or my skills.

Senior Assessment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Began with an initial phone screening with an HR representative to see whether qualifications matched the job description. Afterwards, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, I was flown to Apple Valley for an in-person panel review.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle competing priorities.   1 Answer

Assessment Team Interview

Interview

In-depth interviewing. It was 3 hours long with several different people. I met individually with each person, not an entire panel, which I preferred. Everyone made me feel comfortable and at home. The entire interview process took a long time, several months. They seem very busy and just didn't have time to get to bringing people in.

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was several rounds spread across a few weeks of interviews. This included both phone interviews and in person interviews in group setting and one on one.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

I was invited into the conference room where 6 members of the leadership team sat. All but one individual smiled and presented themselves in a welcoming manner. Sadly, the one poker-faced individual was the only female in the room, aside from myself. I credit this person with being my most challenging interviewer. Her style did not intimidate me but rather offered me the opportunity to shine.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a quick time frame and solutions provided to ensure a successful launch.   Answer Question