Questar Assessment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Questar Assessment Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.6

Test Scorer Interview

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview process that took about 20 minutes to complete. In addition to the interview, I took a basic math, writing and reading test to ensure that my skills would match the needs of the position.

Reader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN).

Interview

I had to take a series of test in all school subject areas including writing a 5 paragraph essay to a prompt much like high school students would take on a bench mark assessment test. I was given a one on one interview with an HR personnel in the large testing center.

Interview Questions

• How do you view yourself as a leader?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Questar Assessment.

Interview

It was a long process. Three phone interviews which stretched over 1.5 months and finally an in-person interview with several people from different departments which took over 3 hours. The first interviewers were the other PMs the hiring position would be working with, they were rude. One of the PM had her hands in her sweatshirt pocket the entire time and looked annoyed that she had to interview me. The other PM was a bit more pleasant to talk with. It was more of a complaint session for them rather than an interview. After asking them some questions it was obvious there was no structure of team or workflow management. They were not PMs but simply task pushers. They don't even have a team dedicated to their projects and process is basically: just keep emailing your resources to work your project tasks and if no one responds, email resource management.

After the interview I was still determined to get a job there regardless of how bad my interview experience was because I felt I can't let this company fail when so many children's educational assessments are on the line. I wanted to use all my successful project management expertise to help the company succeed but obviously they did not want me or my skills.

Assessment Team Interview

Interview

In-depth interviewing. It was 3 hours long with several different people. I met individually with each person, not an entire panel, which I preferred. Everyone made me feel comfortable and at home. The entire interview process took a long time, several months. They seem very busy and just didn't have time to get to bringing people in.

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was several rounds spread across a few weeks of interviews. This included both phone interviews and in person interviews in group setting and one on one.

Software Developer/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and respectful. I was asked to bring my college diploma for proof. So make sure to have that with you. Also take into consideration that you are expected to take exams in the category for which you are applying for. For example, algebra, math, English, etc.

Test Scorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Shoreview, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

There was a brief presentation on the company. That was followed by completing employment forms. Then you met with an interviewer who then took a copy of your verification that you had a degree from a four year college or current teaching certification. During the interview they stressed the need to be detail oriented, punctual and adaptable to adjustments in the test scoring process.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about us?   1 Answer
    • Can you be punctual, maintain regular work hours.   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Questar Assessment in May 2012.

Interview

A week or two after I submitted my resume in response to a posting on Monster, I received a call from an administrator (not HR) asking if I’d be interested in coming in for testing. Due to vacations, holidays, etc., it took a couple of weeks to get testing scheduled. Testing consists of a reading comprehension test, which, if not passed, excludes you from consideration. Passing, which I did, moves you on to the rest of the tests: Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, proofreading, document markup, and maybe one or two others, all of which combined took about 4 hours but were relatively simple.

About two weeks later, the administrator contacted me to schedule an interview. I was to meet with the hiring manager, the department head, and two other managers in the department. When I arrived, I was told the department head was not in but I did meet with the hiring manager, which seemed to go really well. She told me she definitely wanted to have me back to meet the head of the department. The rest of the interviews went fine and it turned out that one of the other managers I met with had a similar industry background to mine (this is relevant later on).

The next day I received a call from the administrator asking if I could come back to meet with the head of the department. No problem. I came back the following day to meet with her. At one point, as she was scanning through my resume, she said to me “you seem to have everything we are looking for.” She even had me meet with another manager in the department who I was not scheduled to meet that day.

A couple of weeks later I received a letter via snail mail basically saying that they had not found a candidate who had met all of their requirements. They were still looking but I was no longer being considered. It was the strangest thing. I was told I had everything they were looking for during the interview, yet this letter says nobody had met their requirements and I was not being considered even though they hadn’t found a better candidate. I emailed the hiring manager and department head asking for clarification so I could understand where I fell short. No response.

About a month later, I saw the position posted on Monster again. So I emailed the hiring manager and department head asking if the position was still open and, if so, if I could make another case for my candidacy. I finally received a response from the hiring manager who said that I met all their requirements except for one: my background was not in educational publishing; my background was in financial publishing (similar to one of the manager’s I met with). If an educational publishing background was the driving determinant for my not being considered, why waste my time in the first place? They knew my background wasn’t in educational publishing before they even contacted me. I made 3 trips to the company and spent about 7-8 hours there between tests and interviews when I seemingly didn’t really have a shot to begin with.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed many years ago, so the description would no longer be accurate. When I applied, I was quickly contacted by my direct supervisor who called me in for an in-person interview. I spoke with her for about 30 minutes. I was called for a second interview with 3 people within a week or so. The interview was more like a conversation during which I spoke about my background and experience. They then gave me some scenarios to respond to and asked me if I had any questions. They were very inviting yet professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a large scale project you managed for which time lines were not met.   Answer Question

Document Scanner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Questar Assessment (Apple Valley, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

My staffing agency called me to tell me about the position. They called me in to get a photo ID made, and stated that there would be a background check. That was a Friday, and I started on a Monday. The interview was basically non-existent and after I started, I learned that this company used a lot of Temp workers to work in their company. (In my opinion, they mis-use their Temp workers and generally do not treat them well at all!!!)