QuinStreet Senior Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuinStreet Senior Java Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview - technical. Core Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Struts and Spring.
2. Phone interview - problem solving, design patterns and multi threading.
3. onsite - 5 interviews.
4. recruiter call - offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for QuinStreet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very unprofessional. The job I applied for was that of a Sr. Java Developer. But when I received the offer, the title stated Java developer. When asked, the HR told said that Java developer was just a title and internally my role would be a manager (which was again weird). My overall experience was very unprofessional. Since I was located outside California, I had 4 rounds of phone interviews (mainly Java servlets, threading, css, ajax, observer pattern problem). The HR would notify me about my phone interview on the day of the interview. He would call me in the morning and ask me if I could interview that day. After the 4th round of phone interview, I thought they would sponsor my flight and ask me to come and meet the team. Instead, the HR called me and said when do I plan to come to California for an onsite. Since I already had plans to fly for another interview, I scheduled this one as well.
    I had another 4 rounds of onsite interview:-
    1st interview - Was a problem around factory pattern.How would you solve it and what is an alternative (use spring injection)

2nd interview - Take any project of your choice and if asked to develop within 2 weeks how would you go about it. Start from gathering reqs and use the entire white board.

A programmer wrote a class MySet extends List. Another programmer used it thinking it's a set. How would you modify MySet.
    Now a third programmer used it as a list. How would you support both list and set features and which one would you set as default.

-My answer was use list as default. Set the type in the constructor.

3rd interview - Design a database to support customers bidding for pay per clicks ad position.

4th - there are 2 big files containing names. Give me a list of all names from file 1 not in file 2 in the most optimized way.
    How does google analytics work. Problems of cross site scripting and what's an alternative.

After the 4 rounds, I got a call from the HR saying another guy needs to talk to me and it's not an interview. I told him it's fine and to let me know via email as to when to expect the call. He said he would let me know, but I instead just ended up getting a call without notification at 9:30 pm at night. I spoke to this guy who basically just wanted to introduce himself. Next day after I got the offer and the HR told me that I just have 1 day to accept it. I sent an email the next day rejecting the offer since the title was not what I had applied and interviewed for.
    I never heard back from anyone and neither was there any kind of apology.

Interview Questions

• Take any project of your choice and if asked to develop within 2 weeks how would you go about it. Use the entire white board.   Answer Question

Title applied was of Sr Java developer and offer given was that of a Java developer.
    Also, the overall experience was very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Their HR called first, discussion went well, she told me a lot of things about company and position,

First tech interview also was good, an inidian guy called, he was a very good interviewer, his english very good, I could understand all what he said, his tech skills very good, always explained the problem the way I can understand what exactly we are trying to solve.

Second tech interview was bad, called a lady with a terrible English, some strange accent, maybe Russian, she was e very poor interviewer, questions basically focused on Spring+Hibernate, I had tough problems to understand what exactly she saying or what the question exactly sounds like.

3rd interview was rescheduled 3 times, the guy supposed to interview was always busy and he was not calling. No more calls from their HR about the 3rd Tech interview. 2-3 weeks passed - still no calls about the 3rd interview. I gave up.