QuinStreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

Online Marketing Post Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview was a phone call which was a very straight forward screening process. She asked questions regarding my resume, experience, and what my current job search looked like. Afterwards, she clearly stated the responsibilities and tasks of the position and made sure that it would be a right fit for me. The role involves a lot of excel and data analytics so brushing up on your excel skills is essential. Next, after I expressed my continue interest in the position, she gave me an excel assignment that must be completed within 24 hours and sent back to her.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview with approx 5 total candidates, then a private interview, then a small sample of your voice is taken for additional review. You answer more questions over a telephone and are asked to recite some statements back to the phone for additional samples of your voice.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I went through 2 phone screens for 2 different departments. I completed an excel exercise and after 2 weeks was asked to come in for an onsite 3 hour interview with 4 people. The director walked me through a whiteboard exercise. The whole process was fairly nice but after that I sent my thank yous in and did not hear back from them. After calling in, it took a week and a half to say they made internal moves and filled another position with a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• What kind of strategies would you use to optimize this marketing account with metrics A, B, C given and Goal X?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had the overall process expedited since I was leaving for a trip. Passed an HR screen, excel test, and hiring manager interview in 1 day. Then was brought in for a team interview.

Strategic Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was just a brief phone screening to figure out what role was a right fit. She was asking me on a role I was interested in which I did not have much experience in. The initial role that I was looking forward to did not have an opening so I screened for the Market Analyst position. It was very informative.

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (San Mateo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email to set up an initial phone interview. I completed the phone interview successfully, very basic questions about my qualifications. A couple days later, the recruiter notifies me that the upper hiring powers have already filled the position, and they wanted me to apply for other roles instead. Other reviews here on Glassdoor have mentioned this same occurrence before, which makes me feel that the recruiter was unprofessional in this case. If they had checked in with hiring managers more frequently, candidates would not have to waste their time talking to them even when the role they want is not available. The fact that this has happened to other candidates, as indicated on Glassdoor, shows that the recruiter is lazy and being unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

Quick. Had back to back 20-30 minute interview sessions with 1-3 people throughout the course of a day. Met with wide range of potential coworkers in terms of seniority as well as job function.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific campaign management examples in previous places of employment.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Two phone calls plus one in-office interview. In the office I met with about four people. The first phone call was to see if I might actually be a fit for this role, and the second was with the person I'd be working for. My phone calls were actually much more helpful than the in-person, mainly because the two managers I'd be working with didn't work from Foster City at the time, and the people I met in the office had little overlap with my role and didn't really know what to ask me. However, I did get to meet with the person who first reached out to me from HR, and he was great -- he gave me a tour of the building, talked me through some of the bigger company events (one had happened that morning), told me about his personal experience with the promotion structure, and shared a little about why he liked working for the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about being an editor?   1 Answer

Media Analyst Interview

Interview

It was casual and brief group interview with two of the hiring managers. Not very formal at all and involved some problem solving questions as well as personal characteristic questions.

Compliance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later to schedule a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and went on to the on-site interview. The interview itself was a bit strange as it was pretty clear they had to find people at the last minute to interview me. The 4-5 people that I did interview with were all very kind but it was unsettling to discover that many of them were new hires themselves with less than several months under their belt.

My last interview was supposed to be with the director of the department but there was a communications mishap and I ended up spending the last 15 minutes of the interview sitting awkwardly in silence with the recruiter texting rapidly away on her phone. She then - rather suddenly asked me how my other interviews had gone and whether or not I felt like I had a good rapport with them. She then started psycho-analyzing me, asking me if I was an introvert or extrovert...

After realizing that the director was not going to come in for the interview, she promptly escorted me out. A couple of week's later, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want this job?
      2) What do you know about Quinstreet?   Answer Question