Quintessentially Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Quintessentially

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to the HR department and got a call back a few days later to schedule an interview. The interview took place on the phone and only lasted 10-12 minutes. The interview went really well, mostly talked about my background, experiences and what I hope to achieve as an intern at Q. but they contacted me a week later and I did not get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this job?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Over the phone, asked about previous experience in luxury environments. As it was an intern position, the interview was not too intensive. I received the job on the spot. It seemed as though they were interested in if I was able to communicate well with strangers over the phone as that is a major part of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience in the luxury industry? Discuss how you would be an asset to the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Interview w/ Recruiter 2. Phone interview 3. Sample itineraries 4. in-person interview with four different people 5. more questions

This was an insanely frustrating interview process. They work at a snail's pace to let you know what is going on and will ask you to jump through hoops as if you had already been hired.

They'll ask you to come in for an interview even if they don't think the itineraries you supplied were to their standard (not to mention, they won't let you know exactly what they're looking for, or be nice enough to show you a sample, even if they know you're walking into unknown territory...).

They also will put you through a mock call as if you were dealing with a client, because who doesn't love 'PRETENDING' to work as part of the interview process. This was a complete waste of my time:, they put no detail into their requests but expect you to know exactly what they're looking for. I can only imagine how it must be to work here if the interviews are like this.

Which is odd, because everybody looked happy to be at the office. Remember, sometimes the people that look the happiest, are working under the strictest of supervision because they feel forced to assimilate and give appearances.

Based off of what I learned from my interview, this place is probably the same, you don't want to wind up here, there's too many places that won't put you through a three-week painful interview process just to decide they don't want to hire you because basically, they don't want to train you.

Hiring manager thinks you're getting paid 100K, you've been warned! There's also a huge management communication gap since one of my references was called, yet they claim they never called anyone. So just imagine what it will be like if you manage to even get accepted. At the end of the day, if you trick yourself into thinking they're actually offering a six-figure position, you might just get the job, but even then, they're unethical enough that they'll just leave you sitting for two months instead of just one. Do not waste your time with these people, trust me.

Interview Questions

• Calling me to make a sample phone-call as if I was speaking with a client with absolutely no real warning of what I was walking into   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY).

Interview

Very through interview process with multiple steps. The process begins with a phone screening for general background info. Be ready to answer questions about the shift you want to work and your customer service experience. Make sure to read up on the company and services they provide.

Interview Questions

• What drives your passion for hospitality and servicing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then they called me to talk about my experience. Invited me in and had a long conversation with two managers. They then tested me on another language and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• A client needs a dinner reservation, where would you send him?   Answer Question

Dedicated Lifestyle Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process consists of four steps: phone call, assessment #1, in-person interview, assessment #2.
    The

Interview Questions

• The assessment consisted of creating a 5-day itinerary for a young high-net worth couple coming to NY   1 Answer

Corporate Lifestyle Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was emailed shortly after applying to arrange a phone interview. I had a great phone interview with the head of member services who then emailed me with a project. I completed the travel related project and was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I spoke to two employees who were both very kind. They then asked me to come in for the final stage to fulfill various member requests. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I was pleased with the amount of communication and clarity of the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Name two five star hotels. Name two Michelin star restaurants. Name a luxury handbag company.   1 Answer

Corporate Lifestyle Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very quick turn around. I applied via email. Received a call to participate in a phone interview. Once the phone screening is completed you will be asked to complete an itinerary within 48 hours. Next step is the in person interview with 4-5 account managers. Very intense but fun process if you are in to luxury brands and understand the concierge culture. Received a job offer the next day following my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name some high end luxury brands.   1 Answer

New Account Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quintessentially (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed 5 times. One after the other. Great interviews. I was asked start date, and when they were expecting to get the account. I followed up, I never got a yes or a no. They went radio silence, after they won the account. At least be respectful and professional about people's time Surprising for a company that is suppose to know "Luxury" and proper manners. I was not offered nor did I received a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the possible new client   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

The internship process was fine and simple. I found this internship through a recruiting agency. They called me and has been asked several questions regarding my cv and the job description. The person on the phone was really nice.