Quintessentially Reviews

Updated Sep 8, 2020

2.7
Quintessentially Global CEO Annastasia Seebohm
Annastasia Seebohm
Pros
  • "Great networking in our industry(in 6 reviews)

• "Great work environment, a great chance to learn and grow and make a great personalized black book(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover rate, most employees stay for about a year(in 11 reviews)

• "low salary and tight and count every penny - one year we were told how many cups of water we were allowed to have per day from the water fountain(in 9 reviews)

1. "Corporate Lifestyle Manager"

Current Employee - Corporate Lifestyle Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Quintessentially full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enterprising company with a lot of business potential and career growth. Everyday provides a learning opportunity.

Cons

Business hours are 24/7, 365 days

Quintessentially Response

Group HR & Talent Manager

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your positive feedback. We fully agree that every day brings something new and a new learning opportunity. This is an exciting time for Quintessentially and the potential is huge. The future looks bright for us and we look forward to continuing to develop our employees as we develop and grow along side them.

2. "A good opportunity with room for improvements"

Former Employee - Dedicated Corporate Lifestyle Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Quintessentially full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Improvement of your communication skills. You will be in constant communication with members and suppliers alike by phone and email and your skills will dramatically improve, even if you don't notice it right away! *Excellent PTO and flexible scheduling (21 days plus any holiday you work, I would have 31 total) *Plenty of overtime opportunities *One of the better jobs out there that force you to get to know New York in a way that you wouldn't in any other role *Cross cultural experience. You will be communicating and working with colleagues in over 70 different offices around the world while also providing experiences to your members all over the globe. *Opportunities to work in other offices (keep in mind the time difference though!) *Perks such as access to events and restaurants I normally wouldn't go to * Young work environment where everyone is interesting and well cultured, my first friends in NYC were my colleagues!

Cons

*Pay (I received one raise in almost three years) *State of the office. Essentially resembled a phone bank in a deteriorating setting. Internet would go down pretty regularly too. *Expectations from our members. They're sold their membership on the idea that we can wave a wand and get them anything they want then get (naturally) upset when we face challenges getting them access to something. *Hours/Scheduling. I came to this job knowing I would be working overnight and weekends. Eventually worked up to a more reasonable schedule but it is a time commitment that might not be for everyone depending on the positions being offered, but I did enjoy having the days to myself!

3. "Disappointing"

1.0

I worked at Quintessentially full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

21 PTO days a year

Cons

Founders and top most senior Management running the company do not care about employees. There are no company values or culture. Don't waste your time.

"Where Dreams Are Sold & Nightmares Come True"

Former Employee - Lifestyle Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Quintessentially full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Office location -Three weeks of PTO (paid time off) -Great networking opportunities -Great way to get your foot in the door if you are new to the industry

Cons

-No room for growth (fed constant lies about opportunities, promotions and compensation) -Poor, unorganized and inexperienced management team -Very biased, unfair and cliquey work culture -Very old and beat down office (from the walls/flooring, to the furniture to the technology we used) -Sales team sells impossible dreams to clients which causes the company to lose money and who pays for it? The servicing team. Why? They take money out of your pocket to compensate for their losses. -High turnover rate, most employees stay for about a year -Always understaffed but hiring is always on hold, which means workload doubles and you do not get compensated (they cover two salaries with one person)

Continue reading
  5. "Global members to plan events"

Former Employee - Event Manager

I worked at Quintessentially full-time

Pros

Discounts, free tickets, and working with luxury firms

Cons

Limited growth opportunity, management problems

6. "Lifestyle Manager"

Former Employee - Lifestyle Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Quintessentially full-time for less than a year

Pros

Events, freebies, meeting famous people, researching interesting topics

Cons

Pay, hours, company management and leadership

7. "good location"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Quintessentially part-time for less than a year

Pros

nice working experience close to my house

Cons

low wages compared to other employers in the area

"Great place to work if you're desperate or fresh out of college"

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Quintessentially full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun office environment Occasional free perks (access to parties/events, free dinners, etc) Three weeks of vacation/PTO Can come in completely hungover and do the bare minimum and get by just fine A lot of great networking opportunities

Cons

Management does not care about their staff Very cliquey / favoritism is apparent Little to no room for growth despite what management says The turnover rate is extremely high Crazy annoying members/clients who think it's a discount service Crappy salary Management has unrealistic expectations of their staff without providing the appropriate budget or tools The AC was broken in the middle of the summer and we still had to come into the office

Continue reading
  9. "Learn Everyday / Excellent Teamwork / Excellent Leadership"

Current Employee - Dedicated Lifestyle Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Quintessentially full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work / life balance, generous CEO and Managers, fun atmosphere (food on Mondays AND Fridays!), more than fair PTO, very visible movement and promotions (Our very enterprising and kind CEO worked her way up to that position), good health insurance

Cons

None to think of, except perhaps that your workload can change really quickly. This is not even necessarily a con, as it keeps you on your toes.

Quintessentially Response

Group HR & Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are pleased to hear that you rate Quintessentially and enjoy working here. We cannot agree more, our Global CEO is the best! She is truly an inspiration to us all and it has been an absolute delight watching her develop and grow over the years.

10. "Lifestyle Manager"

I worked at Quintessentially full-time

Pros

Interesting and multicultural experience. It was great working with Q!

Cons

Opportunities to grow. Nothing else to signal

Found 175 reviews