R&D Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

R&D Systems Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.6

Scientist Interview

Interview

Contacted by hr rep to set up interview by email. After setting up had to ask who the interview would be with and estimated length of time. Interview was with two ppl. They asked a lot of personality questions and how would you deal with this kind of issue. At the end of the interview they told me about what they would have me do for a second interview and asked about availability for 2nd interview and start date. Received an email the next day telling me i was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with working with an anti-social scientist?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at R&D Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a little over 2 weeks. I interviewed with the lab manager and two others within the lab. The interview questions were mainly based on my laboratory skills/experience and knowledge of basic procedures (i.e. Affinity chromatography, ion exchange chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, and Western blots). Overall, I did not think the interview was too difficult. The lab members were very friendly and informative about the position I was applying for and what I'd be expected to do on a day-to-day basis.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate the concentration for a solution (based on a problem given)? What kind of lab experience do you have? Can you describe how IEC, AC, and SEC work? Can you describe why you would want to perform a Western Blot?   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at R&D Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

It started off with a brief phone interview followed by a in person interview a few days later. The interview process was low-stress due to constant contact with the recruiter. The phone interview questions consisted of personal questions, and why was I interested in the position. The in-person interview consisted explaining my resume. What I did and how it impacted the company. After my one-on-one interview I had a group interview with the rest of the department that consisted of situational questions that required specific stories at a job/project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond and what were the outcomes.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at R&D Systems.

Interview

Applied many times but never got through HR.
    No idea what finally worked, but actual interview process was quick. Most of the hiring decision was made before the interview. Hiring manager had no idea what current business practices were.

Bioinformatician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R&D Systems.

Interview

- 3 rounds in all - 1 telephonic interview with the manager, 1 video call with the entire team and a behavioral round with the HR.
    - Very casual and friendly.
    - None of the questions were too technical and most were to test the individual's thinking ability and soft skills.

Research Associate I Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. This was followed by an in-person interview with HR, department supervisor, department manger, department VP.
    Mostly general fit/background questions.

Former Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R&D Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Had to go through three interviews which I thought was a little excessive for an entry level position. First was a phone interview, then an interview with the supervisor and manager, and lastly a final interview along with observing supervisor perform job. Also had to undergo skills testing.

Research Associate I Interview

Interview

interviewed by the manager, questions included previous job experience and education background

not what I'm looking for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R&D Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

One on one interview. Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Supervisor. Manager and Recuiter asked situational questions and supervisor interviewed my knowledge about techniques and my day to day activities. Manager inteviewed mostly situatiopnla questions like examples where you faced a stressful situation, your targets deadlines, and few questions about my resume. Recruiter questions were your long term goal, 5 yr plan, why r u interested in the position, what do you know about the company.

Interview Questions

• i expected more technical questions but turned out to be situational which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at R&D Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

Conducted 2.5 hour review with the managers and lab members. I was given a knowledge test, and then the group asked questions from a list for the rest of the time. The questions were not particularly difficult, being a mix of personality and science knowledge questions. I did not feel terribly confident about it at the time.