RBC Bearings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RBC Bearings Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RBC Bearings.

Interview

Went in the morning, met with HR, was given a tour of the facilities, the engineering manager, the floor manager, and another member of HR. Each gave personality and quality questions based mostly on teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were on a team and had a problem with a member and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RBC Bearings.

Interview

Had a brief interview. It was just a rundown of your resume and qualifications and how you answer to see if you fit in their company and was followed by a tour around the production floor

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Fairfield, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with 5 or 6 employees, toured the plant, etc. Very informative about the company and the role. Questions were about my history and my interests, along with situational questions.

MET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

I handed in my resume during my school's career fair, and got an email inviting me for an interview about 2-3 weeks later. Scheduled an interview for the following week. Did not get a call back for my second interview. The interview were just comprised of questions about my resume/experience and why I made the decisions I made.

Chemical Engineer - API Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Oxford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

basic interview, showed me around the plant , simple questions, met with several managers, everyone was very nice. Had several projects for me to get started on had they put me on. Very manufacturing oriented position. First started with a simple phone interview, asked me about the things I put on my resume. The next day I was scheduled for an interview for a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an over-zealous employee under you?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Fountain Valley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informal. I interviewed with two people separately. The first person I spoke with asked more questions to evaluate my soft skills, whereas the second person I spoke with asked more questions to evaluate more technical skills. The interviewers were very professional and were very welcoming and attentive. Both allowed me time afterwards to ask them questions about the company and position.

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Fairfield, CT).

Interview

Applied online, I received a call from HR saying that my resume was very interesting and they had to call me back again to arrange an interview in person. After many follow up emails, they arranged an appointment. I met the HR Manager and the Hiring Manager. They went through my resume and asked some easy questions. Last question was about the salary and I expressed my salary requirements. They said that my salary requirement was impossible and they knew that with their budget the could get just entry-level. Why did they call me????

Interview Questions

• From 1 to 10 how much are you interested in this job?   1 Answer
    • What are you salary requirements?   1 Answer

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Fairfield, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in for a tour of the Facility. Spoke with 3 people the first day. They were all one on one format. I was called back to talk with the GM. When that was over, I was called back a final time to meet with the Materials Manager who I would be working with directly. Each interview was almost 2 hours in length. They were all very thorough in their questions and with their own backgrounds etc.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know about prior experience, went into great detail about this.
      Asked about my plans for future, 5, 10, 15 years down the line
      Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Dominguez, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Rancho Dominguez, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a brief interview. It was more of a get-to-know interview. He started off asking basic questions about myself and why I'm interested. Afterwards, I was asked a couple questions regarding design and manufacture engineering. It was a very simply and quick interview.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Seneca, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview and one site interview in Seneca, SC.
    1. The on campus interview was one on one with the potential manager. It was a pleasant discussion of past intern and co-op responsibilities as well as my leadership experience.
    2. The site interview included a tour of the factory floor. I spoke separately with two applications engineers who had worked there for a year or more to understand what my role would be. I spoke with two other engineers who attended undergrad with me which was nice to get the take of a recent graduate. I also spoke with a manufacture director and the same potential manager.

Overall, the interview process was pleasant and professional. However, I declined my offer due to the salary ($58,000 - they were not willing to negotiate) and the location being too close to my previous university when I wanted to move on to a new bigger location.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about past intern and co-op responsibilities. They asked I enjoyed reading because the job was heavy on technical documents.   Answer Question