RBC Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

3.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Routine three person interview with technical questions and questions about technical experience. Questioners were friendly but thorough. Would prepare using standard interview questions- was asked about threads, conditional variables, algorithms, structures, hashmap vs tree. Also asked specific questions about experience- what was memory footprint of code, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is a conditional variable? When is an example of when you might be forced to use one?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RBC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

tough questions. But overall, the team is friendly and the atmosphere is good. I met all of the team members I would work with and they are professional, but tough. I would recommend this company to those who are dedicated to your career, but not to those who want to have more family-oriented professionals because sometime your work-life is a little bit imbalanced. But who is not like this in wall street investment firm?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview came through a recruiter. There was a 1 hour phone interview to discuss my profile, experience etc. This was followed by an onsite interview. The onsite interview was 3 one hour sessions with 3 different team members. One thing about the interview was that the interviewers did not seem to have had a discussion after each session, so that their questions revolved around the same problem domain / aspects.

Interview Questions

• Design a program to build and update a market depth book.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview. After a week i was called in for a face to face interview. Met with 5 people and the interview lasted for 3.5 hours. After a week , i was called again to meet with 2 more people - Senior Managers. The technical interview was pretty detailed and all the interviewers were very nice. Interview was mainly focused on .Net, web based technologies, database, performance , unix etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through their website and received an interview invite about 1 week or 2 weeks later.
    The interview consisted of about 1 behavioural question, several investment-related and bank related questions, a coding question, a brain teaser, and several questions on specific details regarding C, Java, Python, Linux/Windows.
    The interview was quite hard for me because I prepared for it in the wrong way. When I received the interview invite, I asked for tips on how to prepare. The recruiter said in the email that the interview will be a mix of behavioural and technical questions, but you won't have to write code. However, the actual format of the interview is like what I described above and I wasn't able to show how much effort I spent on researching the company and tailoring answers to behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Why choose RBC Capital Market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for a position in RBC capital market algo trading team, I received a phone interview. The interviewer started with asking questions on my resume and some OOP questions. The whole interview process was rushed through, the interviewer was ready to hang up after 15 minutes and did not give me a chance to ask them question. Then I tried to ask some questions about his team, he was having very long pauses and seemed like he was doing something else at the same time. It was overall a pretty negative experience with this RBC interview, please do show some respect to the interviewees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Manager was nice and asked some Object Oriented Principle questions like difference between abstract and interface and I was asked to write the code for a simple Java program. Then I was asked something about the language. I was then asked some stuff I listed about Java on my resume... it is worth noting that they gave me the option to write the code question with any language.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Applied online and within few days got a call from HR for phone interview.After which I got in person interview scheduled with group leader,developer and manager.It was a white board round.

Interview Questions

• the difference between static and non-static   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within few days got a call from HR for phone interview.After which I got in person interview scheduled with Vice President,developer and manager.It was a white board round.

Interview Questions

• questions on past experience and advanced Java concepts.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RBC in March 2016.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews - Mostly technical questions. Four other individuals were present in the second interview and all asked technical questions related to their experience and projects. Should be a full stack developer.