RBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2018
1,128 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at RBC (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me regarding the position. An interview was scheduled the following week at the Houston office. One day of interviews with five individuals. (An associate, 3 VPs and the MD of the group).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a Canadian investment bank in Houston?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

It was very casual with standard interview questions and prior background. it was a series of one on one interviews meeting several people in the group. It was much character based rather than technical skills. It was a while ago and i am not sure how they are conducted nowadays,

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Phone interview with HR.
    Then I was contacted a week later to schedule to do in person interview with the hiring manager. One week later, I was invited for 2nd interview with the teammates. One week later, I got a call from HR that they want to offer me the position. The interviews were fairly easy. Just be yourself and they'll like you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview process started with phone screen with Human Resources. Was immediately notified I'd be brought in for an in person interview at world financial center office. Interview lasted roughly 1hr and consisted of behavioural questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager had no clue what the positon entailed, I met with the business head and he was thrilled that we spoke the same language. He had a few choice words to say about the financial control group (not very nice words). He mentioned he was sick of doing their job for them.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. I did the majority of the talking, explaining what I did in my previous life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I asked for the high range for the job and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RBC (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, flown up for face to face interview. The questions were pretty typical and run of the mill. HR requested I prepare 3 15 minute presentations for the face to face interview that were not used. I would have appreciated being told of this, as this took a long time to prepare for. Additionally they seemed to have no real structure for the face to face interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

There were multiple interviews that I needed to go to, including a case study that needed to be completed independently. The case study had 2 parts, and it was handed in at the end of the 2nd interview.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email with a week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was not very relevant to the position. I did not hear back from the company again.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call from RBC saying that I got an onsite interview. I went to the site and had two separate interviews. Each room had two interviewers. The interviewers were very nice and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. Even though I did not have the financial background, there was still opportunity for me to work with RBC.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for an investment bank? This was difficult because of my lack up financial background.   Answer Question

Although it was a great opportunity, it was not within my field and I was unsure if I would truly be happy. Also, it was below the pay that I was willing to accept.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC in December 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, followed by a super day with two two-on-one interviews, and an excel test. Interviewers were very nice. Questions were straight forward, no technical questions, just fit. Only technical portion was the excel test which was somewhat difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why operations? Walk me through your resume. What is one situation where you had a conflict with a colleague and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question