RBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interview questions mainly focus on resume, and asked about some previous experience. The whole process lasted about half an hour, the interviewer was very nice.

Corporate Banking Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Submitted resume (helps to know someone in the office or organization), super-day interview style with 6-8 30 minutes interviews, 2-on-1, technical questions varied from each interview but were a minor part of interview, focused on personal fit with group, overall relaxed process

Interview Questions

• Someone will ask the usual brain-teaser interview question. No good way to prepare.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Applied through their website. Had an initial phone interview. Directly called to super day after that. Nice experience. They were not sure about H1 sponsoring policies. Had 3 rounds. Technical round was easy and questions were majorly based on computer networks fundamentals.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my campus, and first had a 30 minute phone interview. She was really nice and we talked mostly about my resume and why I wanted to work at RBC Capital Markets. The position was for Operations Summer Analyst at RBC Capital Markets. I asked her questions about the position and the firm, and we had a very conversational, informal talk. Then I went to their super day in Jersey City, NJ and had two 2-on-1 interviews. The interviewers were all young and really friendly. We did a 15-minute Excel exercise as well. They got back to me about a week later.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about their opportunities, and after I confirmed my interest I was scheduled for a phone call to talk about the position more. Phone call was very short (10ish minutes) and asked standard pre-interview behavioral questions. I received an interview invitation shortly after the phone call for the next week. The interview invitation said it would be three 30 minute interviews, but I only had 2. The first interview was called "technical" but I was not asked any technical questions, just general talking about my resume and projects. The second interview was mostly the same but with a different person. The interviews were overall very comfortable and conversational, with very few questions. I mostly just explained my resume and projects to both interviewers and that was it. I received a phone call with an offer 2 business days after the interview. However, the deadline for acceptance was only one week with no option to extend the deadline, even with other interviews already scheduled.

Complex Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Lone Tree, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from Talent Acquisition. Asked me why I chose RBC and this position. I was told I would receive a call from one of the managers (hiring) the following week. Never received a call so I emailed and no reply. Two more emails in the following two weeks and still never got any reply. Still don't know what happened?!??

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RBC in December 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 1 week, interviewers were friendly, no weird questions asked but they do want to know how you can handle a difficult situation. Overall, it was a good experience.

Trade Floor Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied to role @ RBC on their website, with a referral from a friend who works for RBC. Got an email from their recruiting team a few days later to set up an onsite interview. Met with 2 people on the team. They went over my background, and asked me a few technical questions, as well personality & situation questions. I did pretty well, but didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a trader is not receiving data in Bloomberg Excel addin?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process overall was very transparent and efficient. The interview was conducted by phone. The questions were pretty standard, starting with general background questions and moving onto more position-specific queries, with a few light technical questions. The interviewer was very pleasant and professional.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone screen with an actual employee after applying for the internship through my university. It was a program geared towards the recruitment of women MBAs. The interviewer actually missed our first scheduled call. I never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you're interested in investment banking? What has prepared you for a career in investment banking?   1 Answer