RBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RBC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Phone interview with manager, on-site interview where I met the team. the entire process took about a week from the initial contact to having the offer presented. Recruitment was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think it will take you to acclimate to our environment?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

The job I interviewed for and the job they actually wanted me to do once I started were completely different. During the interview, they talked it up like it was the exact job I had spent 6 months searching for. It wasn't a permanent FTE role, but it was a 6-month CTH, and they were sure that I would be converted at that time.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience coaching leaders from across the organization who were resistant to change?   1 Answer
    • I am adding a comment...when I interviewed, the job title was different, much more senior. I had no idea I was going to be a 'Project Manager'. Also, when I started, I didn't do any of the things we talked about in the interview.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online late June; got a call late July (almost a month later) for a phone screen. Once I passed the phone screen round, it took me another month to get an in-person interview on the books. Reason being I was going to go out of town in between the phone screen and scheduled in-person time for a family emergency and they were fairly inflexible on how the interview was conducted (in person vs. Skype), so just be aware of that.

Interview was with the hiring manager, pretty standard process with the exception of some tricky questions. After the interview was over, I was told the process was known to take several months and that I was one of the first interviews despite the fact that I applied for the position many months ago at that point (red flag 1). When I asked for a business card, the interviewer wouldn't give it to me and insisted that I work through the recruiter to reach out (red flag 2). Haven't heard back, but I've moved on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interview questions mainly focus on resume, and asked about some previous experience. The whole process lasted about half an hour, the interviewer was very nice.

Corporate Banking Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Submitted resume (helps to know someone in the office or organization), super-day interview style with 6-8 30 minutes interviews, 2-on-1, technical questions varied from each interview but were a minor part of interview, focused on personal fit with group, overall relaxed process

Interview Questions

• Someone will ask the usual brain-teaser interview question. No good way to prepare.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Applied through their website. Had an initial phone interview. Directly called to super day after that. Nice experience. They were not sure about H1 sponsoring policies. Had 3 rounds. Technical round was easy and questions were majorly based on computer networks fundamentals.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my campus, and first had a 30 minute phone interview. She was really nice and we talked mostly about my resume and why I wanted to work at RBC Capital Markets. The position was for Operations Summer Analyst at RBC Capital Markets. I asked her questions about the position and the firm, and we had a very conversational, informal talk. Then I went to their super day in Jersey City, NJ and had two 2-on-1 interviews. The interviewers were all young and really friendly. We did a 15-minute Excel exercise as well. They got back to me about a week later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RBC (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume and called to set up an interview within two weeks. Heard back a few weeks later. Did background check which took about two weeks then was ready for work after it was cleared.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about their opportunities, and after I confirmed my interest I was scheduled for a phone call to talk about the position more. Phone call was very short (10ish minutes) and asked standard pre-interview behavioral questions. I received an interview invitation shortly after the phone call for the next week. The interview invitation said it would be three 30 minute interviews, but I only had 2. The first interview was called "technical" but I was not asked any technical questions, just general talking about my resume and projects. The second interview was mostly the same but with a different person. The interviews were overall very comfortable and conversational, with very few questions. I mostly just explained my resume and projects to both interviewers and that was it. I received a phone call with an offer 2 business days after the interview. However, the deadline for acceptance was only one week with no option to extend the deadline, even with other interviews already scheduled.

Complex Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Lone Tree, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from Talent Acquisition. Asked me why I chose RBC and this position. I was told I would receive a call from one of the managers (hiring) the following week. Never received a call so I emailed and no reply. Two more emails in the following two weeks and still never got any reply. Still don't know what happened?!??