RBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about their opportunities, and after I confirmed my interest I was scheduled for a phone call to talk about the position more. Phone call was very short (10ish minutes) and asked standard pre-interview behavioral questions. I received an interview invitation shortly after the phone call for the next week. The interview invitation said it would be three 30 minute interviews, but I only had 2. The first interview was called "technical" but I was not asked any technical questions, just general talking about my resume and projects. The second interview was mostly the same but with a different person. The interviews were overall very comfortable and conversational, with very few questions. I mostly just explained my resume and projects to both interviewers and that was it. I received a phone call with an offer 2 business days after the interview. However, the deadline for acceptance was only one week with no option to extend the deadline, even with other interviews already scheduled.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RBC in December 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 1 week, interviewers were friendly, no weird questions asked but they do want to know how you can handle a difficult situation. Overall, it was a good experience.

Trade Floor Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied to role @ RBC on their website, with a referral from a friend who works for RBC. Got an email from their recruiting team a few days later to set up an onsite interview. Met with 2 people on the team. They went over my background, and asked me a few technical questions, as well personality & situation questions. I did pretty well, but didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a trader is not receiving data in Bloomberg Excel addin?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process overall was very transparent and efficient. The interview was conducted by phone. The questions were pretty standard, starting with general background questions and moving onto more position-specific queries, with a few light technical questions. The interviewer was very pleasant and professional.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was given a phone screen which consisted of very basic technical and behavioral questions, and then a super day with mostly behavioral questions and inquiries about the company.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was fine, very professional, i really have no complaints. The questions were standard. Knowing what you are talking about is important, and so it being able to write.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through career center, met people at a school event prior to applying which helped. Stayed in touch with them and got the interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewer was someone from my school and asked mostly fit/behavioral with some technicals sprinkled throughout. Questions ranged in difficulty and it seemed like they were mostly looking for the general concepts to show you knew what you were talking about. The entire call was around 40-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why IB/Background
      Why RBC
      Walk me through resume
      Different ways to value a company
      Explain how depreciation flows through the 3 statements
      What do you want to learn here by the end of the summer
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC (Ithaca, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very conversational behavioral interview with nothing technical. Discussed role of the intern and the interviewer's jobs as well. Pretty simple, just know facts about the company and the specific internship you are applying for. This position was for the global markets analyst for RBC Capital Markets. Just be ready to talk about your resume and why you want to work at RBC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The format was an on campus interview. Based on talking to others most people had behavioral interviews. My interviewer focused (a bit too much in my opinion) on technicals. Overall straight forward process came back with results of the interview quickly. Employees were helpful throughout the application process, but in the end not a good fit for me personally.

Interview Questions

• DCF, accounting statements, walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. They asked me typical behavioral questions and two brain teaser questions. They also asked me what's going on in the markets and why I would want to go into municipal finance.