RBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,041 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview process started with phone screen with Human Resources. Was immediately notified I'd be brought in for an in person interview at world financial center office. Interview lasted roughly 1hr and consisted of behavioural questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, no phone interview/straight to an in-person meeting with three people. I got a very unprofessional vibe from them, the first woman I interviewed with walked into the room, literally threw her card across the table and overall seemed like she didn't want to be there...yawning, complaining about being cold, not friendly at all. Next two were a little better, but again, unprofessional as it was during the afternoon/lunchtime and I knew they just wanted to get it over with so they can take a break. Didn't get an offer but I honestly think I'm better off.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

I applied for Summer Technology Analyst at RBC. The 1st round is phone screening which consists of some very basic technical questions, such as describing the differences between Java and Python, etc.

I passed the phone screen and was invited to the next round in-person interview. They are located in New York, but I'm in Boston, so my in-person interview was replaced by three consecutive 30-min phone calls. All the technical questions are related to computer science basics and they are not asking very hard questions overall.

Interview Questions

• They ask me something about networking, such as describe what is an IP address, what the difference between IP4 and IP6   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I was contacted by an HR recruiter within a couple weeks of applying. Had a quick phone interview with the recruiter, and the final in person with the hiring managers a week later. Everyone was very professional through this stage. I thought the interviews went well and was told they would be making a decision within a couple weeks. Of course I never heard back and follow up attempts were ignored. There's really no excuse for a company this size to not even send a canned follow up to final round candidates. They also have you fill out a very old school and over the top form before the in person interview that is mostly things already submitted in the application. Who still requires references these days? Most big companies have policies against employees providing one. I wouldn't apply here again.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would work with the business side when troubleshooting an issue.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Very positive Experience, Friendly and knowledgable people.Details of Past experience discussed and all questions answered. Also details of position explained and what they expect.Interview was in depths to test my knowledge, at times it seemed a bit intimidating but they do like to make sure they hire qualified people.

Interview Questions

• Please explain in detail what you did at your prior job.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then a few weeks later someone reached out and scheduled a phone interview. I had this first-round interview on the phone. and was invited to the superday about a week later. The superday consisted of three, 20-minute interviews, at the NYC office.

Interview Questions

• If you have a deck of cards, what is the probability of drawing two queens?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Phone screen with technical questions including a mathematical one you write out and a brain teaser then they fly you out for a super day (3 30 min interviews back to back)

Interview Questions

• What happens when depreciation goes up by $10   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

Very straight forward behavioral questions. Try to get to know you better and how you work. They want to learn about your previous experience and what you know and dont know. Nothing to worry abuout.

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 2/3 weeks later I got an email to schedule a phone interview (2 on 1). The following week I received an invite to a super day in NYC. The super day consisted of 4 30 min interviews. Almost all fit, very few market questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by three back to back 30 minute in person interviews one week later, create a stock pitch and be prepared to present that during one or two of your interviews