RCN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RCN Interview Questions

2.6

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RCN (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The selection process took place with a series of interviews over the span of three weeks. Overall, it was a positive experience with a great group of people. I was an internal candidate so I was already familiar with the position and the people who were conducting the interview. They were looking for not only experience with quality assurance but also wanted to make sure the selected candidate had good synergy with the department.

Interview Questions

• What impact has the Net Promoter Score had on the company mission.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RCN (Bethlehem, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had an phone interview first, week later took an hour long test (customer service related) and did a role play over the phone with Lead or Supervisor. Then 30min interview with supervisor

Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RCN (Lanham, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a very short process. Two interviews and then I received an offer letter. Interview with the hiring manager went very well. The interview with the supervisor wasn't as great. The supervisor team wasn't very knowledgeable. My responses to there questions during the interview were far pass there knowledge of the cable system and they often didn't recognize or understand my stand point in answering their questions. Thankfully the hiring manager was very knowledgeable and was able to clarify and assure that I was indeed answering and responding to the interview questions in a proper manner.

Interview Questions

• What creates noise in the cable system?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RCN.

Interview

Applied online, no cover letter or references required up front (references checked after successful interview). Three stage interview, first with three managers, next with head of operations, then head of HR. Everybody was friendly and professional. Managers were very technically proficient, so don't lie...

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specific questions, but the hardest were meant to test personal judgement in difficult situations with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was competitive for a starting position and the benefits were really good, so I didn't try to negotiate.

CST I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RCN (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Apply online,Telephone call from management, Interview with manager and supervisor, job offer from HR, Accept offer, wait for background and driver record, go to do drug test, wait for results, pick a day to start.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience.   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RCN (Easton, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

No real interview.... Basically a cattle call for bodies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None....

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RCN (Wilkes Barre, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was pretty consistent with industry standards. First step was a phone interview. This was not very detailed, was just asked a few basic background questions. Got the feeling it was primarily to judge how you talk on the phone. Day of the interview, there were a few of us there for the same time slot. We were brought into a conference room where we were advised of job duties, pay structure, benefit plans, and training requirements. After agreeing that these were acceptable to us, we went on to skills testing. This involved a basic math test, typing test, customer service (common sense) test, data entry test, and finally a mock phone call. After these were passed, we went on to 1:1 interview with a manager. The whole process took under 2 hours. Manager advised upon conclusion of interview that he would recommend me for hire, so that was a definite plus. It was a very relaxed, conversational interview - so despite the cliche, my best advice would be to be yourself. Be professional, yet relaxed. That is really the culture of the company, too. It is the first company I have worked for where 'Have Fun' is part of the mission statement!

Interview Questions

• What are three reasons you would call off of work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was so negotiating. They tell you your rate of pay, hours, etc. The company does pay a decent wage for the area - above average. The benefits are fair and it is relatively stress free. Also, there are always opportunities here for making more money - commission, bonus, qa incentive, shift differential, holiday, and OT.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RCN (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewers were concise and clear about what they wanted in a candidate. Interviewers asked most questions that were directly related to the posted position. 2 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RCN (Chicago, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for the initial phone screening interview. I then met with a panel of marketing and sales executives to discuss my qualifications and learn more about the position. Type of questions including the norm - tell me about your work history; what are your weaknesses/strengths; how do you motivate a team; have you ever had to let go of an employee- how did you do it? The work culture seemed productive and business casual with a strong commitment to overcomming declining sales and less-than motivated staff.

Interview Questions

• How will you motivate a disruptive employee who is also not motivated?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RCN (Herndon, VA) in May 2008.

Interview

Was actually given a verbal offer and then held over for close to a month calling back to find out if the offer letter had been signed. My advice - Beware of this company - they aren't ready to hire.