RM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RM Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2016

3.1

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, Oxfordshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RM (Milton, Oxfordshire, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

CV submitted via an agency and had a three part interview process.

Part 1 was over the phone with an HR representative to assess personality and CV experience.

Part 2 a numeracy and comprehension test. This was quite tricky and all I can say is PRACTICE a lot. Then once, you've finished practice more. The numeracy included a lot of what I would call practical mathematics. Percentages, ratios taken from charts. This is about 17 minutes long. The comprehension test utilises a paragraph of data and you answers must be taken ONLY from this data. Even if you know the data to be incorrect for any reason, go by the data in the spiel. This is about 15 minutes long.

Part 3 Assuming you are successful in the tests (part 3 isn't going to happen if the tests are not passed).

The interview consisted of a 15 minute presentation that you have 30 minutes to prepare for. You need to present your actions during a hypothetical situation that has occurred, and then justify your decisions. You should also list any assumptions that you have made (curiously, you are allowed to make any assumptions to fit your situation). After being questioned on your scenario, they then shift back to competency based questions.

I didn't get the job, but also feel I may have dodged a bullet as the company felt extremely formal despite it being their dress down day (Friday?). I saw a number of staff still walking around in shirts and ties and a comment during the interview about staff not putting forward their best work if they are not dressed smartly made me very concerned about how seriously they took the work staff put out over their perceived appearance.

Not sure if I would recommend the company. I have absolutely no doubt they would appeal to people who love a very structured environment. Whilst I prefer structure, I felt this environment could stifle the energies of people who didn't "fit in".

Head Or Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RM in May 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, online tests and then face to face.

Process was really smooth and well managed - good communication and handled well by recruitment team, feedback was a little brief as to why I wasn't awarded the role but on the whole positive.

Interview Questions

• All competency based but included an unseen task to present on.   Answer Question

Graduate Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RM (Abingdon, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, online tests and then a face to face interview. The face to face interview was with the hiring manager and a member of the HR team and involved being given a brief relevant to the role which you had 30 minutes to prepare for before presenting back with your ideas. This was then followed with an hour long competency based interview.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for the company in that specific role and then competency questions in relation to time management, communication skills and teamwork.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager - ME and Africa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Hill, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RM (Milton Hill, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Multiple telephone interviews followed by on-line verbal and numerical reasoning tests. Once successfully completed, a 2 hour interview was conducted, the first 60 mins of which comprised a complex business scenario that required resolution. The 2nd 60 mins was detailed questioning by 2 senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a conflict management scenario ? If so what happened and how did you manage the situation ?   Answer Question

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RM (Abingdon, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The overriding theme of the interview process was competency. About a month or so after completing the online application and tests I was invited to the initial interview with the hiring manager. The purpose of the interview seemed to be deciding whether your personality was a fit for RM. I was then invited for a final interview with the hiring manager once more but also with a HR business partner. This interview involved a 15 minute presentation for which you are given 30 minutes to prepare. I was then asked questions relating to the presentation followed by competency questions relating to the key skills necessary for the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have gone the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RM (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Just one round was there. When the interview started I realized the opening is not for the position i was called for. The interviewer told me the role is just to support the UK HR Team, basically HR shared services, for which i was not interested. I mentioned same to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Asked to explain my current profile
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at RM in August 2015.

Interview

The interview experience was good. Had initial round over phone. In that asked from basic oops problem to mvc.

Next they called me for face2face. On that c# oops and full basic questions. And asked to write code on that basis

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at RM (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Too long interview , technical ,managerial,HR round as well as verbal ,inductive and numerical reasoning rounds were there.Too difficult to clear all the rounds at once with less time limit

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RM.

Interview

I had attended a walk in interview at this company..There were 2 rounds , first one was the aptitude test and the next one is HR interview.. Most of the questions in the first round were related to reasoning and English. There will be 30 questions and 30 minutes available for answering the questions and there was no negative mark.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected questions..If you are good at aptitude then you can easily clear the test   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RM (Milton, Oxfordshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

First part of the process was quite quick. Within 7 days of applying I had a telephone interview with HR. Quite an easy process, going through my CV and previous positions with a few competency based questions - i.e. give me an example when.... The telephone interview was quite scripted and providing you know your CV inside & out and have researched the company and how your experience relates to the job description then you shouldn't have any issues.

A couple of days later I was invited to complete the 2nd stage of the interview - This consisted of 2 online tests, numerical and verbal reasoning. These were actually quite difficult but you are given plenty of opportunity to take practice tests prior to the actual one. I would advise that you practice, practice and finally practice some more..... The verbal reasoning one can throw you off track - the question consists of a paragraph of text followed by several multiple choice answers based on the content of the text. You must remember to base your answer purely on the content of the text rather than any prior knowledge of the subject that you have- sometimes it feels like you are choosing the wrong answer based on knowledge/experience but the answer is correct based on the text.

About a week passed, then I was invited to an in person interview (apparently if you do not pass the online tests you don't get an interview). Unfortunately I then had to wait nearly 2 weeks for my actual interview.

The face to face interview was split into 2 parts. Upon arrival I was given a piece of paper with some basic information relating to the dept, some facts and figures and then several questions relating to the position I had applied for. I was then given 30 minutes to come up with a presentation that I had to then give to the line manager and a member of HR. There isn't really any prior preparation that you can do for this as you have no idea what the subject will be. I found this part of the interview relatively easy.

Once you have given your presentation you can expect 15-20 mins of questions relating to your content.

The second part of the interview moves into a somewhat archaic competency based interview lasting around 60 minutes when the line manager and HR take it in turns to work through their preset list of questions - make sure you research competency based interview questions and have a few examples of each to hand.

Questions will be along the lines of 'Give me an example when...' , 'Tell me about a time when...' , 'Describe a time when....'

Luckily, these types of interviews are quite easy to prepare for - just make sure your examples cover the following:

Situation - Explain the background of the situation
    Task - What did you have to achieve
    Action - What did you do to resolve the situation (remember to say 'I' rather than 'We')
    Result - What was the outcome and what did you learn from it

I believe that using this scripted technique rather than a more informal open discussion means that RM is probably turning away some good talent.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularity difficult or unexpected - just research competency based interviews and the traditional interview questions.   Answer Question