ROSS VIDEO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ROSS VIDEO Interview Questions

Interviews at ROSS VIDEO

2.7

I T Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO.

Interview

standard: phone, 1st line manager, 2nd line manager.
    standard three stage process. time between exchanges was about a week between each stage. 2nd line manager seemed withdrawn and disinterested in doing this. it was offputting

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Simple interview process, you meet the owner and a handful of management in a single interview. The key, this place is filled with narcissistic tendency at the management level, just compliment them and say that you can learn from them. You don't even have to know their business, talk more about them than you and you are in.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very nice people, not too technical questions. Some behaviour questions. The interview took about 30mins. it is an intern position. But I didn't get the offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you cannot finish your job before it dues?   Answer Question

FPGA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

They asked mainly about FPGA typical questions like how you will design FIFO, what's the FIFO is about, what do you know about timing analysis. I had 2 round of interviews, and then they gave me an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

This was for an intern position. A skills test consisting of Java/C/OS concepts was covered - mostly general, synchronization, simple C programs and description of types and why they are used.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a mutex and a semaphore.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None - it was an inter position.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview and after that (less than a week later) there was a test exam regarding the job. The questions were not difficult Unfortunately I was not ready enough to take the test.

Interview Questions

• Interrupt, and Linux commands   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through indeed and a recruiter contacted me to set a phone interview after 10 days. We had a totally pointless chat for 20 minutes where he asked me very general and regular HR questions and told me a little about the company and the recruitment process. Finally, he told me that he is interviewing other candidates and will be back in a week.
    After 12 days, I was sent a generic rejection mail, so I did not know why he selected me for a pointless interview and why he rejected based on this non sense interview. A time wasting experience.

Senior Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted by an HR person and asked typical HR questions. Later I was invited to an onsite interview. The HR person was not working full time (she mentioned that). It looks like she was missing some changes within the company. When I arrived, we spoke about an hour about my experience, companies, etc. Later I was giving an exam 10 pages on both sides questions. Sometimes not enough space to write an answer. On the cover, it says "you have 1 hr 30 minutes to complete". Standard theoretical and coding questions, questions with a few tricks, etc. I finished in time. 1 35 minutes nobody showed up to pickup the test. 1 40 nobody. 1:45 nobody. I started to look myself. The office manger (person on the front desk) left for the day. She was the one who gave me the test. I went upstairs to look for an HR person - all the HR went home for the day. NOBODY wants my exam. At that moment I new " there will be no offer". I received a "no offer e-mail" next day.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions on design, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with very nice recruiter. Set up and completed 2 in person interviews. Managers in interview process seemed very disinterested and kept correcting each other.
    Each time of attendance for interview the receptionist was surly and rude and was actually quite arrogant when asked a simple question. She obviously was upset at being interrupted during her Facebook time. Atmosphere was tense during interviews. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important 5 year goal.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ROSS VIDEO in March 2014.

Interview

Starts with a telecon with HR, then on to the hiring manager, then a face to face with the hiring manager, then the VP of Sales, then the EVP of Sales, then the CEO.

Interview Questions

• CEO has an interest in technical knowledge, so brush up on your broadcast skills!   Answer Question