Rapid7 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

Anon Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA).

Interview

Unfortunately I'll have to echo quite a few of the reviews below. I applied for a position. Interviewed a bit, was told I was a great fit, and then heard nothing back. Not a thank you for your time, we went with someone else, nothing. And, to top it all off, the position I applied for is still listed online and even shows up as a newly posted position on other sites now.

Interview Questions

• What level of experience do you have with clients.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

Got a call from a company rep. Was told my experience was "perfect". Later got an email saying I didn't have enough experience. Let me clue you in on something Rapid7; you are not Google, Facebook or Amazon. You are not even what I would remotely call a "highly desirable" place to work. You have amateurs running the recruitment process. Figure out what you want. You are getting panned across the internet by your former employees and I can see why. Hire some adults.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to sell to a reluctant customer?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

Talked (via phone) to recruiter via phone about the role and they ask my salary requirements. A few days later talked (via phone) to hiring manager for a half hour. Everything sounded great and he wanted me to talk to a couple of members of team. Heard nothing for two weeks, sent an email to the recruiter and heard nothing for another two weeks. Sent another email to the recruiter. Received a reply that they wanted someone more experience in a specific area; this was one of the four desired requirements on the posting. I had all the required and two of the four desired requirements. But that was not good enough and they decided to wait to see if they can find someone who fits all requirements.

Interview Questions

• What is something people believe is true about you but isn't?   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA).

Interview

I've been reached out to multiple times by their internal recruiters for the CSM role (which always appears to be open). I've had two initial phone screens, one which lead to a screen with a hiring manager and was supposed to lead to an on-site. Once I provided my availability, the recruiter disappeared. Six months later I was contacted via LinkedIn so I sent my resume in and was told I'd be a great fit. Again, it was weeks before I heard back and then I was 'ghosted' again after providing my availability. Very unprofessional and this might be an indication of what it's like to work here.

Interview Questions

• Size/scope of my current client portfolio. Why I'm looking to change.   Answer Question

People Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I loved the team and the role, however despite being told by the recruiter numerous times that my feedback was positive from the team, they told me that they decided to go with a more junior profile. I am way below the profile of what is listed in the job description, by 2-4 years. In addition, I see that they have not changed the job description either. Frustrating to take time of work, ace the interview, and then be told your profile is far too senior for what is being looked for when according to the page it is actually much more junior. Liked the team, it seems disorganized however.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

Phone screen then onsite for half a day. Basically, they try to see if you fit into their culture, nothing very challenging. The one thing that would be better is if they give you a reply - whether they passed on you as a candidate or not. Taking a half day off and paying $30 for parking - it would be common courtesy for you to get a reply.

Senior Security Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was appalling and the recruiter for the company should be ashamed of what they did. I applied for the position online and received an email from an internal recruiter. We met and my background and level of experience was overkill for the position that they were recruiting for. I was passed to another recruiter that had a more experienced position open. It took them several weeks to set up a phone screening because of the repeated emails from me and once they did it was scheduled for another week out. We met and I was told at the end of the phone screen that they wanted me to meet with the hiring manager but they were out of the office until the following week. I was told by the recruiter they they would get back to me early in the following week with times to meet. They never got back to me ... not even a thanks but no thanks we moved in a different direction. I sent multiple emails every week for about a month that never got any response.

Word of advice to the recruiters at Rapid7 - follow up! If you say that you're going to do something then do it even if the news isn't what the other person wants to hear. If you have no intention of following up, then don't say you'll hear from me next week ... have the guts to tell the person that they don't fit the profile of the position.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions about history, salary requirements, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Process started with a brief phone screen with the hiring manager, followed by a phone interview with a marketing manager. Then, they brought me in for a 2.5 hour in-person interview, 30 min each with five different people. The process and communication up to this time was extremely organized, and I was impressed with their efforts to prepare me for the interviews. However, post-interview, they were radio silent. I was told they would let me know their decision by end of the following week at the latest. When I hadn't heard anything throughout the week, I followed up on Friday afternoon. No response. The next week I followed up again via phone and email, still no response. I found this extremely rude and frustrating for someone in the middle of the job search process, and definitely left me with a bad impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Rapid7 Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Vice President, Talent

Thank you very much for the insights and feedback, we will review our post interview process.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA).

Interview

After attending their "College Sales Night" networking event, I was invited in to interview. The interview process was standard: a series of three thirty minute interviews. After this was the offer stage.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked through conflict as part of a team?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial communication was pretty clear, quick, and standard. After the phone screen and in-person interview I was feeling pretty good, and the recruiter I worked with said all the feedback was positive. But I was put into a holding pattern with no explanation or communication - turns out they had a massive re-org. By the time I got another phone interview a month later with a new manager, I just couldn't find the interest anymore. That 2nd interview was also far more focused on direct knowledge of cybersecurity, which everyone had previously indicated was something I could learn and experience not required.

The office itself is pretty nice. The sales floor is set up just like you'd expect a Bain sales floor to be set up so if that's not your kind of environment keep looking.