Rapid7 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rapid7 Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.9

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

Phone interview by HR recruiter, then hiring manager, followed by in-person interview. Ended up meeting with the entire team for 2 hours. Despite positive tone of interview, HR failed to follow up, left a sour note to the entire process.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to via LinkedIn based on my headline and experience. We had a phone conversation and then I was invited to a sales social event which allowed me to learn a lot about the sales organization. I had an in-person interview the next week with two managers, was required to do a mock email and voicemail post-interview, and received a verbal offer about a week after that. After they checked my references and record, I received the offer letter. Total process took about 3-4 weeks.

Director of Incident Response Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA).

Interview

Multiple phone calls with multiple stakeholders, followed (if warranted) by in-person. There is a lot of ooh-rah kind of questioning, none of it offensive, and there is a fair amount of political correctness ('How do you feel our interview went, Bob?" and "So if we are interested, do you think you want to continue in the process further?" and other script-driven "how-do-you-feel" questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to build the revenues of this division?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (El Segundo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

they reached out to me via a recruiter. But there was constant "confusion" with their (in-house) recruiter. She missed the times we had schedule for a call and failed to respond in reasonable times to get things figured out. She had a "Junoir" title but still, the coordination seemed very unprofessional. Possibly they didn't think I was a strong candidate, by why did they reach to me and start the conversation in the first place? We had so little discussion that certainly they couldn't have heard something that they didn't like yet. It was weird. Anyway, on to other opportunities without much looking back.

Interview Questions

• general stuff with a recruiter on the phone. just trying to qualify for a more substantial interview.   1 Answer

Deployment and Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was thorough but quick; I believe it was 4 separate interviews that I had over a period of three weeks. It included phone calls, a group interview separated into mini one-on-ones, and a skype call as well.

Interview Questions

• Discuss learning theory and classic bottlenecks in training.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA).

Interview

Disorganized interview process. Each interviewer had different perception of role and how it would serve his or her department. None of the interviewers seemed able to be able to speak to the company's differentiation in the cyber security industry other than it offering free snacks. The personality assessment was basic in comparison to those that most companies use. Did not seem able to speak substantively of the company other repeating their official motto of "D.B.A.A" which is an acronym for something rather crass and an effort to exude a start-up vibe. I took a half day off of paid time off to interview at the company and no one ever had the decency to follow up with me. A lot of this is very basic interview protocol (keeping interviews on time, offering water and restroom breaks, following-up after the interview) so the disorganization seemed indicative of a larger company culture.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rapid7 in September 2016.

Interview

Just had a phone conversation with hiring manager, but no technical questions asked, didn't even proceed to next level,not sure how they decide on without having any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Just discussion on project and role no technical questions asked   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview with a recruiter who then scheduled a follow up interview with the hiring manager. Having been selected twice for this role, dealing with two separate recruiters, my experience has been nothing but terrible. On both occasions, I never received the scheduled phone call from the hiring managers. After rescheduling and interviewing, I have yet to hear anything back....twice!

Rapid7 is doing some great things for security, but your recruiters have left an awful taste in my mouth.

Project Manager, Global Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

I had a phone interview, about 30 minutes, pretty standard. At the end of the call the recruiter told me the time frame of a week for next steps and said he would "push hard for a conversation" with the hiring manager. Completely unnecessary, you can leave it vague, which would have been beneficial considering the rest of my experience. No word for over 3 weeks, I followed up which was answered a week later with a "we will connect on Monday and I can tell you what's going on". A month and a half later and 6 follow up emails ignored from the recruiter. After a phone interview I expect at least an email saying you are out of the running. Extremely unprofessional and no communication.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 in July 2016.

Interview

Timeline:
    July 19 - I applied online.
    July 26 - I received an email from a Rapid7 recruiter requesting a phone interview.
    July 26 - I responded to the recruiter with my availability.
    July 28 - The recruiter confirmed the interview date.

August 1 - I had a phone interview with the recruiter. He was relaxed and pleasant. He knew some good details about the position in Austin, although he was in Boston. We chatted about my experience and how it would fit with the responsibilities of the position. The recruiter asked about my salary expectations and informed me of the range for the position (we were on the same page, so to speak). The interview concluded and the recruiter's next step was to run the information by the hiring manager in Toronto.

August 2 - The recruiter followed up with a personal email (not a standard pre-filled form) informing me that I would not be moving forward. He also included the reason, which was understandable.

Overall, it was process was prompt and down-to-earth. I appreciate the respect that the recruiter showed me even though I didn't get very far in the interview process.