RealScout Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RealScout Interview Questions

Interviews at RealScout

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RealScout.

Interview

Was not asked a whole lot of technical questions during the interview. By far, the focus was on culture fit, which is one area where RealScout is very strong. However, I think the engineering team would have been stronger with more focus on identifying strong engineers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RealScout (Mountain View, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First was an initial company fit call; very informal and friendly. Simple pair programming + TDD exercise.

Next was a code challenge, and finally in-person pairing with members of the team. Also a small show-and-tell presentation of code challenge and a chance to meet with CEO and other members of leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Pair program development of a feature in language of your choice.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RealScout (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Initial phone call with a manager went well. At the in-person interview, I was asked to complete an hour-long task creating sample social media posts. Then I met with the hiring manager, who seemed already disinterested and took several phone calls in front of me during our interview. Never heard back from the company - not even a "no" or a reason why. My suspicion is that they were just looking for free advice from me.

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RealScout.

Interview

This was not the best interview experience.
    1 phone screening
    1 onsite
    1 panel interview with 2-3 other people.

One person was extremely rude. The interviewers seemed extremely unprepared. The CEO was nice and professional. He asked great questions and was very honest and up front about any concerns he has. He seemed like the type of person that would be a great mentor.

Interview Questions

• None - "Just ask me questions so I can see how you think".
      Uh, ok!   Answer Question

RealScout Response

Sep 8, 2016 – CEO

Sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience interviewing here. We strive to maintain consistency in our interviews by using a pre-determined list of questions as a jumping off point. Thanks for... More

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

First, I applied for the job. Then I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. Then I had the phone interview. Then I was contacted for an in-office interview. I had the in-office interview. Then I was offered a position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time when you managed more than one project at a time.   Answer Question

Software Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RealScout (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a nice phone call with a recruiter, and then was given a code challenge to take home.

After that, recruiter was non-responsive, as I sunk 2 hours into their task.

Before doing the task, I was told we'd schedule a follow-up to talk through the code together. I emailed a number of times to set the up, but recruiter was evasive. A few days later, they told me it wasn't a fit (without even talking to me about how I solved the task or anything else).

In short, the process they described was okay. The execution was terrible and I feel that they didn't actually consider me, and rejected the solution because of something stupid (but DIDN'T even have the courtesy to speak about like they said they would, or at least tell me in an email.

I do not recommend.

Interview Questions

• count second-degree connections in a file describing a graph network of agents   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through college career website, submitted resume, and then scheduled an informal phone interview. Said that they would reply about the second round of interviews.