Recondo Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Recondo Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Recondo Technology (Aurora, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Recondo in March/April 2017. The process took 3 weeks (as my schedule was hectic at the time). Overall it was extremely beneficial. I met with not only the superiors hiring for the position, but other Client Managers as well. Even had some time to speak with the CEO (which was surprising, as it was an hour-long conversation!). I learned a great deal about the company which allowed me to better make my decision.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous experience translate into this position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Why leave a larger EHR company to join the Recondo team? What makes Recondo appealing to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Recondo Technology (Greenwood Village, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a phone screen. Questions were about previous experiences, including experiences with concurrency. I was asked in for an in-person interview, which consisted of a live coding test (fix these compilation errors, write these functions, refactor this) and questions about my experience and skills. My experience was mostly positive, only hampered by the lack of acceptance or rejection.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Recondo Technology in January 2016.

Interview

The process took approximately 2 weeks and was actually quite delightful. First I had a phone interview with HR and the nice thing was that I did not feel put on the spot but rather that I was having a conversation. Next I came in for an in person interview and it went much the same. They have a great HR team!

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything that was really unexpected. I really appreciated that they weren't just trying to trip you up with an offbeat question but rather talking to you to make sure it would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Recondo Technology (Greenwood Village, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

My experience with Recondo's interview process was very organized and timely. I had a phone interview first, and then a group interview with the HR team. The interview was simple and straight forward. It felt like a conversation. The HR team asked good questions to see if I was a good fit for Recondo, and I was given the information I needed to decide if it was a good fit for me too. I was given a clear picture of the position's responsibilities and expectations. A couple days after the interview, I was offered the job. Win.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that are directly related to the job that you applied for?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Recondo Technology in March 2013.

Interview

I received an email on a Sunday night from their HR that they wanted to setup a phone interview. We setup the call for later that week and was called by their HR. At that point the lady I talked to was more interested in discussing on of my past companies because that was where she worked. So after talking about my other company she said that they would like to go to the technical portion of the interview later in the week. The next day I got a invite for a Friday call. The person called and started off with a question do I have the right time? And then stated that he had accidentally called someone recently two hours to early. He talked a bit about the company, same statement that HR had gave me. He asked me some softball questions but I could tell he was very distracted and he had not even prepared he was trying to go through my resume as we spoke. After the questions he said that one of their hr people would contact me. I told him I had already talked to HR and he did not even know he was part two of the process. A few days later I got an email saying they were going to go with other candidates. I emailed and asked where I can improve so that I could be a better candidate and all I got back was something about my skill sets. My skill sets far overreached the minimum qualifications for their job posting. Overall it was a very disorganized process but then again they are a startup company so they are still getting processes established.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Recondo Technology (Greenwood Village, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen with the HR manager. Afterwards I was brought in for an on-site interview which began with a programming exercise and included several interviews with developers, managers and directors. The on-site interview lasted over 4 hours while the entire process lasted about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a LinkedList and an ArrayList in Java?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Recondo Technology (Denver, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

I found the job through Craigslist and got called in for an interview roughly one hour after submitting. The company hadn't used Craigslist before, so HR was monitoring responses from there and saw mine quickly.
    The first interview was to set some expectations. I've got 5 years experience plus an M.S. and according to them, that puts me right in between a Software Engineer spot and a Senior Software Engineer spot, so they said I would interview for the lower and get a chance to work at the senior spot to get a promotion within six months. I said that was fine, and we scheduled a technical interview the next day.

At the technical interview, I had to take an hour long coding test that exercised an API some of the other teams at Recondo use - Apache Camel. I hadn't heard of it before, but the parts of the API that the test used were relatively simple - I passed the senior test with flying colors. There were several ambiguities in the questions, though, which I had to hash out with one of the interviewers after I said I was done. After the coding test, I had a couple of technical interviews where people asked relatively detailed questions about my resume - what I had done, how I did it, what I liked and didn't like. I didn't oversell myself, and thus it never got uncomfortable. The most uncomfortable thing was someone asking about my Spring experience. I rated myself a 5 on a scale of 1-10, saying I could configure and use some of the more basic elements of Spring but to do anything more I'd need to refer to the docs or someone else. The guy started asking questions about dynamically creating multiple Spring contexts within the same application, which was well outside my experience. I think he was just showing off, but it was hard to be diplomatic about that after clearly stating where the boundaries of my experience were.

I had a couple more interviews with management the next day, which were slightly technical (some ?'s about multi-threading and my masters thesis), but nothing too hard. Again, I think they're just trying very hard to weed out liars which is a primary concern with any interview process. I think the interview process was the highlight of my tenure at Recondo. Everyone I met before starting was very bright, and the process was very fair.

That said, I gave notice yesterday. They lowballed me (see my negotiation phase notes), and put me on a team of relatively uninteresting and unskilled people, none of whom I met during the interview phase and none of whom I really have anything in common with. I'm the only one in a team of 6 who is married or has kids, and even the tech lead who's 40 acts like a big teenager (think Topper from Dilbert). It has been a big fuss to take off mornings when my wife has OB/GYN appointments because nobody understands why I would want to be there - they've never been in this situation. In a professional sense, all the really interesting work they do happens elsewhere - all I've been doing for two months is writing scripts to scrape websites. I've been told that there's lots of other work to do, but every time I've mentioned it, our backlog of scraping gets brought up. This would be a great job for someone just out of college or who doesn't have much programming experience, but I found it very boring and a big letdown after what I thought was a great interview process. I can understand why I wasn't introduced to anyone from this group during the interview process, but it feels like a big bait and switch on the other side.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a method thread-safe in Java?   1 Answer
    • How can you ensure that something you pull out of a collection is the right type?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't in a position to negotiate because I had to get a job ASAP. My wife and I found out we were pregnant just after another position fell through so I needed to take what I could get. Knowing this, they lowballed me, offering $65k, so I went out and got another job paying more and put in notice after only two months working there.