Red Roof Inn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Roof Inn Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn in December 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by the GM and Assistant Gm, very friendly and cordial. They asked me about my own expierence with front procedures before going into detail about their company and expectations. Despite being asked questions by both side by side, it was not a stressful interview.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. Give you a nonpay try out and after about one to two days on your own. Short training process. Need to improve on that. It was not a hard job. Its just you have to find anyway to keep you from being bored. Other then that either you make the cut or not.

Interview Questions

• What make you choose us instead of any other hotel?   1 Answer
    • How can u help us grow as a company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We can only pay u mini wage it what i call it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter - In person interview with people currently in a similar position that I'll be working with - In person interview with senior management - On boarding after the hire

Reservations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn (Springfield, OH).

Interview

Very easy to get hired, the HR lady was nice and the person I had my interview with was nice.

Interview Questions

• None, Very easy interview process. Offered a job on the spot.   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn (Columbus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application and took it to the Hotel on a tuesday after 2pm. I dressed up and filed a copy of my resume. The process was smooth and I really enjoyed the conversation.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn (Akron, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 1 week and screened over the phone. I was then contacted 3 days later for an in-person interview and scheduled same week. I was then contacted 1 week later for another interview with a regional manager. Another week passed and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There are multiple questions but none were extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

They were basically looking anybody with open availability and willing to work too much overtime to fill the position. Was quick and easy like 5 non-important questions interview; what's your Availability? When can you start? You have reliable transportation? Willing to work overtime? Should anything pop up on your background?

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn (Columbus, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

Telephone and personal interviews with the corporate management.. except the person I would eventually be working for and reporting to. Also interviewed with two outside contractors who had no clue about lodging operations.

Interview Questions

• I would rather not answer specific questions about the position I was hired for.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn (Binghamton, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied online got a call 2 days later, came in for a 1 on 1 interview they mostly asked how I would handle certain situations, what I would do if a guest was upset, it was mostly describing past issues and how I solved them at previous jobs. The interview took about 30 to 40min. At end of interview I was told which positions they really need to fill, the pay, and how often I would be working.

Interview Questions

• If you had a bad situation how would you turn it into a good one?   Answer Question

not enough money

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Roof Inn in July 2010.

Interview

One on One: General questions concerning management style. Describe your actions under different scenarios of possible occurrences. Discussed P & L objectives, interpretation of figures, your most important line item focus. Interviewer very good and was a challenging, yet low pressure, interview. Home office personnel very supportive. This position is not for newbies to the hotel industry. extremely important to have at least 2 years generak manager experience, otherwise the interview would hve been much more difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult front desk employee when a guest approaches you with a complaint concerning rude behavior?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer made. very fair, thus negotiation not warranted.