Redis Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 62 of over 62 interviews

Employee Referral11%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Redis

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redis

Interview

First round with HR, getting to know up, really friendly and some bullet basic questions regarding technologies and support. Second round a too quick interview with team lead, jumping from basic linux troubleshooting up to kubernetes stacks, bit confusing down the way.30M is no way enough for this. Third round an assesment regarding Redis itself, master-slave replicas, installing OSS and Enterprise, too vague and extensive.

Interview Questions
  • Generic linux questions, install OSS Redis and Ent Redis, build up some scripting to read/write data. Advice to Redis: You have great minds supporting your product, top notch, but do remember nowdays soft skills are as easily important, nobody wants a genius and nobody is born in depth just using Redis, i understand as the maker of the software you are supposed to give more in house training on it ? That is teh reason you loose support for third parties and i feel thats a shame.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redis (London, England)

Interview

The process was smooth, HR was cooperative from London 1. First call with HR - on zoom - basic information and tech questions - smooth - Location London 2. Second call with Tech Lead - on zoom - did not turn on Video, immature technical interviewer - Location India

Interview Questions
  • 1. Basic Red Hat questions and commands 2. one shell script shared to understand and asked what it does. 3. Some conceptual questions like difference between NFS and FTP. At the end he couldn't handle disagreement that the we shouldn't use the WebNFS on public website.
2 people found this interview helpful

Sales Engineer

227 Comments

Join the conversation on

Redis

Application

I interviewed at Redis

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. There were 3-4 rounds including general interview with the hiring manager, coding interview with 2 team members, 2 design interview- one with team member and one at the final rount with the vp r&d, and HR interview. very nice people!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Redis

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redis

Interview

HR Phone screen, HM interview followed by virtual on-site. The offer was presented in person, over a call, which was unusual for me but also a great chance to ask the HM a lot of questions about the offer. Redis Labs seems like a great company full of smart, thoughtful individuals and I found the company culture to be refreshingly candid, yet respectful. Ultimately I declined the offer because we could not come to an agreement on total compensation, driven mostly by differences of opinion over what equity portion of the offer is actually worth.

Interview Questions
  • Questions around how I've designed products in the past, how I work with engineering teams, what I know about the domain area, some personality-based questions as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redis (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Was contacted by recruiting, spoke to recruiter, hiring manager, the. Did an assessment that could take 5-8 hours. Was not selected, was to be notified in “few days”, was 5 days.

Interview Questions
  • Involved installing and using versions of Redus and reading/writing/mirroring data.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Redis (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in May 2021

Interview

The first interview was a discussion with the hiring manager, my knowledge and a project I worked on etc. Then there was a test in Codility- 3 question, need to finish in 2 hours. the questions weren't hard. Then a technical interview with the hiring manager + a team member- the question was a sum of 2 with duplications. Then a technical interview with movinage average- very hard question.

Interview Questions
  • TwoSum with duplications: Given an array of integers, return indices of the numbers such that they add up to a specific target. given an array- {4,5,7,3,4,6,5} and a number - 8 [0,1,3,4,6] The hard technical interview was on moving average: Each sample is (time, value) -> list of samples [(t1,v1),...(tn,vn)] Our job is to implement moving_avg(data, window_sec). Data -> list of samples [(t1,v1),...(tn,vn)] Windows_secs -> size of window in secs Example input: data = [(1,2),(2,4),(3,3),(4,2),(6,8),(8,2),(12,1)] moving_avg(data, 2) returns: [(1,2),(2,3),(3,3),(4,3),(6,5),(8,5),(12,1)] moving_avg(data, 3) returns: [(1,2),(2,3),(3,3),(4,2.75),(6,4.33),(8,5),(12,1)]

Redis

Application

I interviewed at Redis

Interview

Introductory zoom interview with team leader, Codility test that included 3 questions, zoom interview to discuss those questions and more technical questions, hr interview. They were all very nice and the process took about a month

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Redis

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Redis

Interview

The recruiter approached me on LinkedIn. The process took about 1.5 month. There were several rounds including general interview with the hiring manager, HR, technical assignment including Redis installation and some code development, technical presentation and a personal "passion" project review.

Interview Questions
  • How can you describe the biggest achievement in your professional career.

Redis

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redis in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and touched on all relevant items. The interview included talking with all key players and a panel presentation. My recruiter kept me informed at every step - she was key to the smooth process.

Interview Questions
  • Panel presentation on customer presentation of your choice.

Redis

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Redis

Interview

First I had an introduction conversation with the team leader, he explained what the company does and it’s general structure. The second interview was a technical interview with 2 team members.

Interview Questions
  • A variant of Fibonacci and another question about concurrency
Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Interviews