Regence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.5

Underwriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regence (Lewiston, ID) in July 2016.

Interview

They have you answer questions and submit your resume and cover letter online, if accepted, they set up a time for a phone interview which takes about 15 minutes or so and then they will send you a link to take a typing test, to which you must be able to type 30 words per minute at an accuracy of 80 percent. If they like what you said in your interview, they call a couple days later to set up an in person interview with the Supervisor of the the department you're applying for. That supervisor will be the one to determine whether or not you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness when it comes to work?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regence (Tacoma, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not that difficult although since there was a lot of people you had to wait to a moment get interviewed. I spoke one on one with one of their recruiters/employees. She was very respectful, patient and kind.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Regence in October 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews. I passed the one on the phone and moved forward to the in person interview. I was emailed information prior about what to expect about the interviews. The email also gave information about what specific information that they were looking for in the answers given by the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Prior to the first interview, I was emailed examples of questions that may be asked to me. I was asked all of the questions in the email between the two emails.
      Both interviews started out with the question, "Why do you want to work for Regence?"
      Answer Question

Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Regence in October 2015.

Interview

Very personable. I temped with this company about a year before reapplying, so they were happy that I was considering coming back. I applied for a position on one team, but they ended up matching my skill set/interests with another team. I had 1 in person interview with the team that I originally applied with and 3 phone interviews with the members of the team that ended up offering the position to me. They all work off site so I didn't actually meet the manager until she extended the offer, which was a different interview experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think the mission of this position is?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regence (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR who knew nothing about the position, and tried to sell me on how great Cambia is. I get to the interview where people were just rude and thought they were more important than me. They clearly came into the interview not giving me any chance and clearly never considered me as a viable candidate simply because I do not hold a PMP certification. One of the worst interviews I have ever had, and a complete waste of my time. Why bring people in for an interview if you don't want to hire them? Just a waste of my time and the companies. I will never interview for another position here again.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me why you even applied for this position and why did you think you could do this job?" (in an extremely rude tone)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Regence (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Comfortable and good questions. They wanted to know a previous situation that was difficult and what I did to get through it. I was asked about my skills and what I enjoyed about working with a team atmosphere. They asked what was a weakness and how I improved that and if I liked learning new things.

Senior Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Regence (Tacoma, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Met the recruiters at a job fair that my former employer out on before outsourcing the call center to India. Shared my experience and gave my contact information. Received a telephone screen, typing/math test, interview hire. Process was very quick from call to offer. Went to Seattle for orientation which was unusual because the office in Tacoma had ample space.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral Questions
      Tell me a time when
      1 Answer

Network Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Regence (Portland, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

It consisted of an interview with HR, hiring manager, 2 managers, 2 executives, and one director. They were very thorough, engaging, and clearly read my resume and had specific questions based on potential gaps in my skills for the job. I was expected to share my knowledge of health care and the job. Only one of the interviewers didn't seem to be really prepared.

All of them were really helpful and I was impressed. The one thing that didn't impress me was that I was told that I would be interviewing with one person and when I arrived I would often have additional interviews. As result, I spent more time interviewing there than I had planned.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal job   Answer Question
    • How do you interest hospitals in reducing their revenue through better network management?   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Regence (Burlington, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Three or four days later I got a call to set up a typing test. After I passed the typing test, the interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview with the claims department manager and was fairly relaxed. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer was dressed fairly casually and the HR assistant wore jeans. During the interview they told me about the claims analyst position - that it's a bit like a production line where you just move from processing one claim on to another. There was a lot of information about the position. Two days later, the HR department called to offer me the position. They were very thorough in explaining benefits and total compensation. A background check and drug test was required if I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

I declined because the pay they offered was low ($12.50 an hour was the max they could go).

Underwriter (Entry-level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regence (Seattle, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by two underwriters, one of which was the manager. There were the standard questions, like "Why do you want this position?" The one thing they really kept questioning me on was how I deal with conflict in the workplace. What happens if the sales department wants to charge too little for a line of business? etc etc.

Another question that tripped me up was, "Tell me about a time you received criticism during feedback and realized you had to change?" or something like that. I couldn't come up with a good answer.

I found both individuals to be very pleasant and friendly. I would not mind working here if they had offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback and because of it you decided to change your behaviour for the better?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you stood up for something you believed in?   1 Answer