Relias Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Relias (Cary, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

Relias really takes the time to make sure you are a good fit for their company. The first step in the process is taking an personality test and cognitive assessment. If you do well, you will be invited to do a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, if chosen to move forward to the next step, you have to take that same cognitive assessment again over webcam with the recruiter so they can validate that it is you taking it without assistance. If you get past all those steps the final step is an in-person interview with the sales managers where you'll have to do a discovery call role play and prepare a pitch using a powerpoint presentation they send you. Long process with many steps, but it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do Sales?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were in a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Relias (Cary, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and it took about a week for them to get back with me. The first step is an IQ test of sorts. Answer as many questions as you can in 15min even if you guess on some, there are 50 total. That was enough to be contacted for a phone interview. They push for candidates who keep up with the IT world so I would suggest subscribing to few tech articles and being ready to share something you learned from it during the interview. Wasn't offered to interview on site, like others on this site have said, they seem to be very specific with who they want.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Relias (Cary, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied in early April and received an e-mail about a week later requesting I take an online assessment. After the assessment a phone screen with a recruiter a few days later. Then another assessment with the recruiter watching. After the second assessment I was given a code challenge. "Create a website that connects to an API and allows a user to search the database." I completed that and spent quite a lot of time on it. After the code challenge was 2 more phone screens and finally an in-person interview. The interview was 2 hours - 45 minute technical, 45 minute behavioral, and 30 minutes with 2 lead devs. Technical interview consisted of me explaining the code challenge and doing a few brain teasers. Behavioral interview was a joke. I was interviewed by 3 people who doodled and yawned while they interviewed me. The last question they asked me was "what is your spirit animal?" After the interview I got a call 3 or 4 days later by the recruiter saying they passed. She wouldn't tell me why. I tried contacting her a few time via e-mail and she has ignored me. Huge waste of time. Stay away from this company.

Interview Questions

• If a clock has 360 degrees and its 3:15 how many degrees are between the minute and the hour hand.   1 Answer
    • You have a scale and 8 balls. 1 ball weighs more than the others. What is the quickest was to determine to find the heavy ball.   1 Answer
    • You have a big gold bar and need to pay someone for 7 days. You can only 1/7 a day and can only cut the bar twice. How do you cut the bar?   1 Answer

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Relias (Cary, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

They originally had me complete a personality profile and IQ test remotely. They then brought me in for a second IQ test and office tour with a brief interview with the General Counsel. Next they brought me back in to perform a contract review exercise with the General Counsel and an interview with the CFO. The CFO focused on situational interview questions based on their need for the position

Interview Questions

• After giving a fact pattern they would ask, "Given this situation, how would you negotiate a contract with this organization?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Interview

I came across a position listed on a job site that matched my skills and experience so I submitted my resume. A few weeks later I get an email telling me that I need to take a personality test and an aptitude test. At no point was I told what my results were or even what the company does with those results. I guess I passed though because a few days later I get another email asking me to do a phone screen so I promptly responded with my availability for the week and we put something on the calendar. The day before the scheduled time I get an email asking me to reschedule with no reason given so we schedule a new time and eventually have the screening. At the end of the call I'm told that as a part of standard procedure I now have to take the aptitude test again only this time I have to set up a webcam so I can be watched to make sure I don't cheat. I asked why they don't forego the first test and only make candidates take the second test and they acted annoyed at the thought and claimed that their hiring process was very effective. Once again I took the test and once again I can only speculate about my results based on the fact that a few days after taking the test I got an email asking me to schedule a call for the next round. During this call I felt like I was being interrogated. It was as if they doubted every detail of my resume and were trying to get me to slip up, even telling me at one point that they thought I was leaving details out because they felt I hadn't worked long enough to have the qualifications listed on my resume. Bear in mind that I met all of the requirements listed for the position including the necessary years of experience and was fully honest throughout the entire process. A few days later I get another email asking me to come in for a panel interview. I was already having serious doubts about the position so I asked if they could share any details on the compensation package first. I found out that while the benefits were decent the pay was well below market value and that was the final flag for me. I thanked the people I dealt with for their time and told them I didn't think the position was a good fit. There are a lot of companies in this area who will provide a much more respectful and expedited hiring process and offer far better pay and experience should you get the job.

Interview Questions

The hiring process is very disrespectful, every person I dealt with was rude, and the pay is well below market value

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Relias in July 2014.

Interview

I had several phone interviews, one with a recruiter and then one with a sales manager. Then I came onsite for a sales role-play/demo with several managers and a director. It was difficult but they gave me feedback and let me run through some areas again. I didn't get the offer, but they recommended me for another role in the company which interviewed for and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you failed, missed a target.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Relias (Cary, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an on-campus interview. Very easy and straightforward, a fast-moving process. Also involved an apititude test, though I'm not sure how heavily it factors in. Then, I sat down with two employees (one which would be my future manager) and discussed the role a bit more. Overall, I really enjoyed my time here.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Relias.

Interview

There was an assessment and a phone interview to start. The assessment wasn't difficult but it took some time to complete. The telephone interview was about a week later. They asked general questions, about my background and how it matched with the job description.

Interview Questions

• They asked alot of strategy questions about email marketing.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Relias (Cary, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via linkedIn to see if I would like to learn more about a Sales opportunity at Relias Learning. The interview was a 5 step process. After I made it to the 4th step to retake the IQ testing which I initially passed when no one was looking at me via Skype, I was not offered the position.The interview model should be set up where- 1 test is given and the Recruiter watches the first go round instead of having a retest after testing and passing the first time. I felt uncomfortable while testing via Skype knowing I was being watched and I couldn't see the Recruiter on the other end. Anyways, I think the company means well but they obviously need to make some adjustments to the interview process. They could miss out on really good talent.

Interview Questions

• 1.Intro
      2.IQ testing
      3. Phone Interview
      4. Retake IQ testing in person or via Skype
      5. Face to face interview

Result: Hired/Not Hired   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Relias (Cary, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Started with a online application. Was reached out to via email, asked to complete a series of assessments. Was then asked via email to provide times I would be available for a phone screen / interview. Completed a 30 or so minute interview and was asked to prepare for a sales presentation. Was given very little information so that I could make it my own. Came in to do the presentation, presented, interviewed with two Sales Managers, then taken to interview with CFO, then interviewed with HR Manager. Was called and offered a different position the following day.

Interview Questions

• If you were a professional athlete, what would your scouting report say?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Relias.

Interview

I received a recruitment email through Linkedin by a recruiter with Relias. We set up an initial phone conversation. The recruiter called when he said he would and shared information about the company and the position. The position required more travel than I was able to commit to at this time but sounded interesting. I received a follow-up email from the recruiter after our conversation thanking me for my time.