Relias Reviews

2.7
Relias CEO Kay Krafft
Kay Krafft
Pros
Cons
  • "Relias will start you at low pay compared to the industry and area(in 19 reviews)

• "Low pay, low employee morale and high turnover(in 12 reviews)

1. "Amazing company"

Former Employee - Writer in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Relias full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leadership, amazing office, good salary

Cons

A LOT of work! But that’s to be expected!

2. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager

I have been working at Relias full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office environment, desirable support to provide all the equipment to work from home

Cons

Low pay per industry standards

"Incredible Job"

Former Employee - Client Support Consultant

I worked at Relias full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Enthusiastic Environment, Room for Growth within Relias

Cons

I cannot think of anything negative.

Relias Response

May 8, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. I know Support leadership loves when employees have a good experience in the department. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

4. "Love Relias and my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Relias full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My coworkers are great to work with, always new challenges, great office space, opportunities for promotions and growth, continued education seminars/lunch and learns hosted by our training team but also by a Women's Leadership group. Overall, I feel like management cares about their people - our benefits are outstanding, family (work life balance) is a priority, and we have monthly all hands where the ELT update us, etc.

Cons

- Growing pains (But that also leads to the benefits of growth opportunities and new challenges)

"All That Glitters Is Not Gold"

1.0
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Relias full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dedicated people, good benefits, and nice office

Cons

A clique culture and favoritism run rampant at Relias. If you are not well-known and liked by the right people in HR and managerial roles, you will not advance. They talk a lot about their company values and what they have to offer to employees in the recruitment phase. Do not be fooled.

Continue reading

Relias Response

May 8, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Career development is an area that we've been focusing on at Relias over the last several years and at this point, every employee has the opportunity to work directly with their manager on developing an individual development plan that aligns with our career paths and their individuals needs, as well as opportunities to network with L&D for career advice. With a 20%+ promotion and transfer rate every year either in-seat or via job postings, we've been increasingly providing opportunities to many around the business to change jobs and potentially departments. My apologies that you didn't find this to be your experience. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

"Good Place"

Current Employee - Account

I have been working at Relias full-time

Pros

PTO, Coworkers, free perks, subsidies, culture

Cons

Pay, workload, communication, support, competition

"Has some great people but not so in upper management"

2.0

I worked at Relias full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large portion of employees are from the industry: Post-Accute, HHS, IDD, and are very professional; They are very passionate about helping others. One of the great culture at Relias is to encourage continue learning. They encourage you to learn and to grow by yourself. Definitely read the most number of books during the Relias days. Great work and life balance.

Cons

As the same with all companies, it is the management team that needs some help. They are overall nice people but I am not too sure they are good leaders. Some are surprisingly lacking basic time management skills and communication skills and yet these are the ones got promoted.

"Interesting Work"

Former Employee - Curriculum Designer

I worked at Relias full-time

Pros

Interesting work writing training programs, courses, papers, editing courses

Cons

Changing directions and corporate priorities

9. "Eh and Meh"

Former Employee - Consulting Commodity Manager

I worked at Relias full-time

Pros

Tight culture. Okay bennies. New office building. Good environment

Cons

Stock price driven. Hardcore sales culture as a result. Miss your mark - three strikes your out

"Two thumbs up"

Current Employee - Marketing in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Relias full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'll preface this by making it clear that I likely haven't worked here long enough to provide a wholly thorough review. I often hear that you don't really know what your job entails until you've been on the job for a year; I imagine a similar rule applies when it comes to reviewing an employer. That said, in the ~4 months that I've been here, I've found plenty of reasons to enjoy working at Relias. My team is spectacular--everyone I work with is helpful and kind. The amount of gossip that **doesn't** occur is frankly shocking (and refreshing) given the size of the company. I've learned more in the last 4 months than I did the year I spent with the last company I worked for, and my coworkers with more experience than me do an amazing job teaching me tricks and passing on general career (and life) advice. My managers have presented me with several different avenues for growth, and despite my status as a confirmed cynic, I feel confident that this is a company that will help me develop my skills. If you read through these reviews shortly after being hired like I did, you'll probably start to panic, because some of what's been said on here is alarming. I won't attempt to discredit anyone else's reviews--everyone's opinion is their own, I can't speak for anyone else, one man's trash is another man's treasure and so forth--but I'd urge anyone interested in applying to Relias (as well as of those of you who have recently joined) to refrain from taking the most acerbic reviews too seriously. For context: Relias is a company that has undergone rapid growth. A little less than a year ago, the company underwent a streamlining/restructuring process, which was obviously (and understandably) upsetting for plenty of people. I won't get into why streamlining is a necessary evil--there are plenty of economics majors who can do a better job than me--but I would like to point out that people who end up on the wrong side of a streamlining aren't likely to leave kind reviews. (And I'm not saying they should; I certainly wouldn't feel chipper in that situation.) That said, Relias is hardly the first company to maximize its profitability by eliminating positions that are no longer necessary after recent acquisitions. And if that sounds callous, it's because it is callous--but it's also how all this works. Companies have to make decisions based on their financial situation; there's no getting around it. (Side note: this is why we should stop worshiping corporations and treating them like benevolent deities here to save us: corporations are many things, but not that. Google and Facebook aren't here to solve the world's problems, I promise.) Relias isn't a perfect company but then what is? The company culture is fun, the people who work here are great, the work we do is important, but at the end of the day, working here is still work. And that's fine, it's what we sign up for. Honestly, what's more concerning than a so-so glassdoor ratings are those cloying, 5 star reviews filled with banal platitudes and weightless remarks about a company's perfection. I'd rather work with people who express frustration than people who show up everyday and either pretend or seriously believe that their job is their sole source of meaning. To sum it all up, I'm pleased to be here. What I enjoy about Relias greatly outweighs whatever complaints I have. I feel that I'm compensated fairly given the knowledge and skills I currently possess. I do feel that our work is important, which I appreciate because at my last job, I felt like there wasn't much of a point to anything.

Cons

If the above hasn't made this clear, Relias has undergone continuous growth, which means at times the company feels like more of a scrambling start-up than the established powerhouse it wants (and should) be. But I have noticed that things have calmed down since I've arrived. Teams have filled out, turnover seems to have slowed down, leadership teams across the company seem to have put clear, achievable goals in place. From what I can tell, the company seems positioned for further success. At the very least, I'm excited to be a part of it, and that means a lot coming from me, because I'm not really into the whole rah-rah I'm changing the world thing.

Continue reading