Replicon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Replicon

2.9

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Replicon (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The overall interview process was efficient and challenging at the same time. I received a call from the HR rep who did the initial screening. I entertained the call and we both agreed to go to the next step. After speaking with a few folks higher up in the organization, it was then time to do my 100 day plan. It was a great exercise for me to see what my first 100 days look like and to help my direct manager see my presentation skills. After the presentation, I requested to speak with a current CSM to provide more perspective on the position and day to day responsibilities. That sealed the deal for me and I was sent an offer a few days later. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming throughout the entire process which took about 4 weeks. One of the best experiences I have had interviewing for a company.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe Customer Success?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Replicon (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview process and another interview with the hiring manager.

The company has been looking for many months for marketing candidates. This should be a red flag to future prospects . top recruiters in Silicon Valley has even not focused on them as a priority because of the number of months they have been "on the docket "looking for help"

Interview Questions

• General questions like walk me through your resume etc.   Answer Question

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Replicon (Redwood City, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Process was very good. I was initially screened by a recruiter and then sent in to the company's office for a face to face interview. Great company, very compelling product and solution offering, The two people I met were very smart, successful people. 30 minutes with VP of HR and 30 minutes with EVP. Time went by quickly and it seemed that I'd be called back in again. No "drill and grill" questioning. Just a conversation about the company, the product placement in the market, the history and direction and the upcoming goals. Questions to me were focused around my experience and the relevance of my background. It really seemed like there was more to discuss and learn for both of us. It was implied upon exiting that I'd be back but unfortunately I received an email the next day or two that said they liked my experience but were proceeding with another candidate and would keep me in mind. This is a company and management team worth watching. Seems like a good place if you know what you're doing, want to work hard and want to perform. Highly recommend.

Interview Questions

• Now that I've shared a brief overview, please tell me the relevant parts of your background as it applies to this role.   Answer Question

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Replicon (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a good initial phone interview, but it seemed the "guess what I'm thinking" game was slightly in play. The in-person interview was an experience I haven't had at other employers. I spent 15-20 minutes with four different groups of people who I would be working with, but who I wouldn't directly report to. Again, this went well, and I advanced to the next stage of the interview process. I would give a presentation about the first 90 days of my strategy.

Something each group repeated during the interview process was how long they'd spent (more than 6 months) trying to find the right candidate. A lot of people apparently didn't read the brief, or have good strategy abilities, or were lacking in some other way. (Spoiler alert: I think part of the reason it's taken so long is that they've waited too long for a hire and are now too busy to give the time necessary for this process.)

The presentation went really well, and they wanted me to do a paid contract assignment before extending the final offer. This is where everything fell apart. As any freelancer knows, getting good feedback from clients is crucial to delivering what they want. Unfortunately, the individuals handling this contract assignment were simply too busy (or lacked the ability) to give useful feedback. The comments they made were less than useful and boiled down to, "I don't like it, but I don't have the time to articulate why, so I'm going to give feedback in the form of useless jargon and have you try again. Good luck!"

After a few rounds of revisions with the same result, it was clear this wasn't going to work out. Great work can't be produced in a vacuum (which is the thesis of data-driven digital marketing in 2015). The marketing manager asked me to schedule some time for a post-assignment phone call. I made time out of a family vacation for the call, but it never came. The manager emailed an apology for missing the call because he was too busy, but I didn't respond. At this point, it was clear the company would be too busy to properly onboard me, and I would spend the first 6 months working for them trying to figure out what it was, exactly, they wanted (probably unsuccessfully). Even though the team was likable, the position wasn't worth leaving my current job to pursue, especially since they're going to be disappointed with just about anyone they hire.

It's a shame the team has become too busy for the hiring process because everyone I met was enthusiastic about their job -- no slackers at this company. If they can figure out "done" is better than "how I would have done it is best" and embrace delegation, they're going to enjoy a lot of success.

Interview Questions

• "What's the difference between strategies and tactics?"   1 Answer

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Replicon (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for a position and was contacted by a recruiter. After clearing the initial HR screening was invited for an on-site interview. The on-site interview was scheduled for 2 hrs. The first hour by an on-site video conference and the second hour by a local VP.

The interview time was rescheduled a day before the interview which I agreed to. On the day of the interview, the first interview was done within an hr. After waiting for 45 min, was told that the second interview would not happen as the person supposed to interview is unable to make it. Till date, have not heard anything. Have the courtesy to inform on the decision even if you decide a candidate is not suitable as it takes a lot of effort from a candidate to reach the on-site stage.

Don't bother interviewing here even if called.

Interview Questions

• General questions about agile role and experience. Explained my past experience and the interviewers seemed satisfied.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Replicon (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website and was contacted by someone from the HR team soon after. I had a phone interview with the interviewer for about an hour and the conversation went smoothly. Next, I was scheduled an in-person interview with the hiring manager and the CEO. Then, I was called back for a second in-person interview to meet with some of the executive team. The meetings started on time and everything was pretty organized. Overall, the entire process was efficient and was completed in less than 2 weeks.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Replicon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I heard about this job through a friend. I checked it out, saw that the requirements were right up my alley and decided to forward a resume.

I spoke with a woman from HR for about 30 minutes and she went over the role, asked me some basic questions and then gave me time to ask some in return. I was then scheduled for a video interview for the following week.

The video interview was pretty standard. I spoke with the hiring manager and another team member for about 30 minutes each. They asked some standard tech questions and other "soft skills" questions and everything seemed to go well.

The following day, Friday, I received an email stating that they were interviewing a few other candidates and would be following up with me early the next week. A week later I was contacted and told that I had made it through the first round and they would like to clarify a few things via the phone on Friday and schedule me to come in for a technical test. We scheduled the test for Tuesday morning and Monday morning I received the dreaded email stating "after careful consideration we have determined that the credentials of another candidate are a better fit for the needs of our team."

All in all it was a normal and decent interview. The only thing that felt a bit "off" was that they wanted me to take a technical test, I never took the test and then they decided within 24 business hours that I wasn't the best fit and canceled on me. I have several certifications that were specific to the job and many years of experience so the test was a bit of a surprise (especially since there was no mention of it, ever, until a week after I interviewed).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you solved and that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Replicon in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is long, and details. It shows that the company really invested time to get the right candidate. I had multiple rounds of interviews, and also a skills test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is too hard. It was focusing on my skills set and my past experience.   1 Answer

Accounts Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Replicon.

Interview

Was vetted through recruiter. Initial phone call with recruiter. Then with hiring manager to "feel you out" - typical going through resume, why are you looking, etc. Then a follow up call by recruiter who gives you a scenario to study and pitch to the hiring manager. If you make it through this round a F2F interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here and what position are you here for?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Replicon (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Replicon was initially quite agreeable, and I was invited for an interview at their Foster City office. On arriving there, I had to wait 15 minutes, as there was no one at the reception. When I started throwing glances at the people seated there, finally someone decided to come and ask what I wanted.

The interview didn't start soon after, as some of the interviewers were in a meeting. One of the interviewers never came, no explanations. The interview was conducted in a room that had a rickety table in the center, and was full of debris - looked like a studio prop room, really.

The interview itself was quite unstructured, though the (very young) engineers seemed quite pleasant and friendly. When I asked what happened to the earlier designer there were some discreet coughs, not very reassuring.

After the interview, I never heard form them for weeks - despite being promised a quick response. The recruiter never responded to my emails. Finally, I sent an email asking what this kind of behavior told about the way the company operated. That seemed to struck a chord, for I got a quick reply from, surprisingly, A PR person.

That person told me the team thought my work was "fairly good" (these terms!), and they would reply in a week. Of course they didn't. I sent an email saying I also thought the company and its products were "fairly good".

End of engagement. I would not recommend the company to a friend or a colleague I care about.