Replicon Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.2
Replicon Co-CEO Raj Narayanaswamy (no image)
Raj Narayanaswamy
Pros
  • "Excellent organisation to work for as they give a lot of emphasis on work culture(in 30 reviews)

• "Reasonable office hours that allow for a better work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "night shift allowance is very less(in 10 reviews)

• "You will have a lot of work and work-life balance depends on your manager and department(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great combination of start-up level dynamics with financial and operational stability

Jan 13, 2021 - Enterprise Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation, opportunity to be a part of evolving the company, unbeatable product offering - strong foundation to sell from.

Cons

Breaking beyond the mold of what's historically made the business successful can be painful at times, but the overall direction is entirely upward.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Nov 23, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company, great culture, and great seniors

Cons

I have no cons for the company

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fine company

Aug 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company grows rapidly so far.

Cons

Some chaos in sales team.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Software engineer

Dec 9, 2019 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work with

Cons

Nothing much to say about

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

nice people, poorly managed company

Dec 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- free lunch - almost everyone leaves right at 5pm so work/life balance is good - lots of parking - most of the people are friendly and nice! - the location on the water is very pretty

Cons

- no 401k match - depending on department, salaries can be well below industry standard - high turnover, oftentimes without proper emphasis put on replacing people quickly (which meant that remaining employees often had to pick up the slack without further compensation) - didn't place much emphasis on career development - management doesn't seem to trust their employees to own their projects, which resulted in bottlenecks where c-levels had to give approval for even small project details that shouldn't even have been on their radar

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Selfish leadership. Profits at expense of robbing employees.

Jul 5, 2019 - Busineess Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small company with decent working day to day environment

Cons

Selfish leadership. Treats employees like slaves who will work anyway. Benefits are minimum, cheap salaries and tricks employees for the benefit of leadership who owns the full company.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I'm glad I made the decision to join the company, no regrets! On a day-to-day basis, I truly enjoy being here.

Jul 29, 2014 - Labor Rules Specialist in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From what I have perceived, there is room for upward growth The benefits are fantastic (you couldn't ask for better insurance coverage), lunch is provided daily, and there is a strong corporate culture within the company! I really like the type of work that I am involved in because I can see the overall impact my work has on the company. That's a big deal to me and something that I found lacking prior to joining Replicon.

Cons

If you are someone to needs or works best under a micro-management type of setting, then I would be hesitant to recommend working here because that is not the type of management style found within the company.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

US Office Marketing Dept - Just the Facts

Feb 26, 2014 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

There aren't many positives I can say about the company. They are in a growing market space but the product itself is boring and hard to get excited about.

Cons

Instead of listing my own opinions here, I've created a list of the US office marketing team members that have left since Replicon opened an office in California in early 2011. The US marketing team usually consisted from around 6-7 people. This is all public knowledge on linkedin. Chief Revenue Officer at Replicon 10 months VP Corporate and Field Marketing 6 months VP Marketing 10 months Vice President, Global Marketing 1 year 4 months Director of Global Communications 1 year Director of Product Marketing 1 year Director of Online Marketing 11 months Director of Online Marketing 9 months Art Director 1 year 9 months Senior Marketing Writer 1 year Director of Marketing Communications & Creative Services 1 year 3 months This is a list of 11 people, enough to completely turn over the entire marketing team 2 times in 3 years since the office opened. They have been led by 3 different VPs and one Chief Revenue Officer all who are no longer there. From what I understand, when the marketing team was in Calgary it too turned over multiple times. People are not staying for a reason.

15 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of Opportunity to Grow, Good work culture

Jul 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has seen a lot of success and there is still a lot of opportunity to grow even larger. There is a lot of new management and talent that has be hired recently to shake things up to get the company to the next level. The culture is pretty good where people are collaborative, easy to work with, and open to new ideas. There are a lot of talented people working here, which is always a good thing. They actually have a really great product that fills a major business need.

Cons

There are some process challenges in the organization that need to be worked out, but those are largely known so they can be addressed in the future. I don't think of the culture as being especially fun, but I'm also not in my 20s and looking to go drinking every night with coworkers.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Disillusioned

Aug 14, 2014 - Accounts Executive in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It started out like a good first date - with promise. The promise of more leads that they could handle, leaders in their space a great partner channel - etc. Some pro's: You can have a free lunch catered everyday and an endless supply of snacks - if that's your thing, two thumbs up!

Cons

The reality was/is: huge turnover in management - both senior and mid-level, huge turnover in development - this is especially disconcerting since they've launched a new platform and key project managers, developers, etc have left. Every week there are new "good bye" emails. The entire sales team struggles - with the exception of SMB team. Good luck if you want to sell at the mid market or Enterprise level. The product is little more than vapor/shelf ware - I hate to say it; but, it's reality. For a SaaS company, not so nimble. Senior, executive management trys; but, little more than throwing opportunities against the wall with the promise of "get the deal and we'll figure it out". The lack of a reliable funnel is troubling.

10 people found this review helpful