KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Republic Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 337 of over 337 interviews

In Person7%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Republic Services

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Republic Services

Interview

I was very excited to interview with this company, but my initial call with the recruiter left me feeling like she called me on accident. She read from a script and asked me 5 questions, and asked “is that it?” after each of my answers. The call lasted 7 minutes and I was shocked to receive a Teams invite the next morning for a next round interview (no text included in invite). After much debate, I figured this was a good indicator of company culture and bowed out of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • How many employees have you overseen?
    Answer Question
  • How many years HR experience do you have?
1 person found this interview helpful

Republic Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services

Interview

It was an easy process. They felt I was overqualified but I enjoyed the interview. I will be on the lookout on their website for a director position in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Republic Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Republic Services in Jun 2022

Interview

It was good they where really I interested in me and wanted me to come aboard They showed me that they where serious with there offer and worked really well with there hirer ons

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Republic Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services in Jun 2022

Interview

They are defiantly slow to respond to you and will ghost you. They asked for my availability to talk on the phone and I gave it within the hour. They took two days to respond and assumed my availability had not changed. The call lasted maybe 5 minutes and asked when I was available to talk to a hiring manager. When I told them early in the following week they said they'd reach out with an update. I emailed the recruiter the following Wednesday asking about next steps and they said the hiring manager was out of office and they would reach out. Two weeks later they just send me an automated rejection email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Republic Services

Application

I interviewed at Republic Services

Interview

Very good interview process. It was very professional. Manager covered a lot of company history. Manager made feel comfortable and I was not nervous. Background did take a little longer than expected. About a week and a half.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Republic Services

Application

I interviewed at Republic Services

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter who set up a call with me. Basic interview. Passed that round and then set up another interview, this time in person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Republic Services (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

The worst process to go through. They make you wait, wait, wait and oh did I say wait. Just to make you wait some more. Find another place to work. If they can’t it right after the 3 interview then that’s a red flag.

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I interviewed at Republic Services (Arlington, TX)

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. It consisted of 7 interviews over the course of six weeks. The steps included recruiting, hiring manager, panels with potential peers, COO, CHRO, and CEO.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Republic Services (Phoenix, AZ) in Jan 2022

Interview

Very easy and comfortable setting. They were curtius and clear about salary and decriprion of the job. They walked you through the next step in the process and wanted to know if they could improve on their interaction with me.

Interview Questions
  • Years of experience for the position I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Fort Mill, SC) in Jan 2022

Interview

I had two interviews with GMs and a final interview with a director. The first GM was based out of Tucson and was not very personable at all- it's actually mind boggling that she's a people manager. She seemed to have no interest in getting to know me and my background and just stuck to a bizarre line of questioning. Very awkward interview The next GM was a lot more outgoing and it felt very conversational. My final interview with a director was the same way and it made me feel a lot better about the company. They genuinely seemed to like what they did and really sold me on the company. The recruiter said she would get back to me in February and I heard nothing. Ghosting a final round candidate is a pretty bad look for the company

Interview Questions
  • Q: tell me about a time you did something that might embarrass you
Viewing 1 - 10 of 337 Interviews

Republic Services Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Republic Services as 54.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.64 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Operations Supervisor and Account Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Sales Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Republic Services takes an average of 20 days when considering 350 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Account Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 26 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Republic Services according to 350 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 22.28%