Republic Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Was approached with recruitment e-mail. Took online assessment. Was approached by another recruited for phone interview. Passed to physical on site interview with sit-in and short tour. Called for background test information and drug testing. Passed and e-mailed document signings. E-mailed first-day training location.

Interview Questions

• "Why did I quit my last job."   1 Answer

Billing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Services (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

1st interview with Asst. Controller and Controller. Questions were technical in nature. Wanted to know what computer/system skills I possessed and what was expected in the position. 2nd Interview with General Manager. Standard interview questions that were situational in nature. Discussed the daily functions of the position. Overall, a great experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring supervisor. Once past those, they brought me in to interview with the hiring supervisor and a peer interview. After passing that round I was brought back in to interview with the executives I would be supporting.
    This was one of the best overall interview processes I have over had. From the initial phone call and being told what to expect to being given complete logistic details for the in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Relate a time I had multiple projects with the same deadline and how did I handle the situation.   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Interview process was fast and very responsive with letting me know what the status was at all times. Very professional, timely oriented. looking forward to starting my career at Republic Services.

Interview Questions

• How many days a year is a reasonable number to call in sick?   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Telephone Interview was clean and clear-cut. However, there is a process breakdown with 2nd and 3rd interviews. The contact center is new and seems to have some process improvements needed. Slow communication (could've been just me since I was declined the position).

Customer Resource Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was close to 2 hours. I came in and interviewed with 2 current supervisors after meeting with recruiting. Most of the questions were "tell me about a time when..." format. After the questions were over, I had to opportunity to sit with a consultant and listen to calls for about 20 minutes. From there, we met back up and they answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a very difficult customer. What was the issue, how did you de-escalate the call and resolve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview, Face to Face interview, background check and drug screening. Recruiter kept me posted with the whole process. After the interview, I was offered the position and last few steps to complete hiring process.

Purchasing Agent/Parts Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Non existent. I was called by one of their recruiters after applying online. I attempted to return his call several times - always got voice mail. Left dates and times that would work for a phone interview, yet was never called back. Some hiring process.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I went there in time i wait less then 10 min to get interview they ask me basic questions they tell me how much i want to get pay wont take to long to finish interview

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Bozeman, MT) in July 2017.

Interview

The H.R. contact was great but the hiring manager did not impress me. The H.R. contact was clear, concise and encouraging. The hiring manager was negative and demanding. I felt he disqualified me because of my age and labeled as I was "not hungry enough". I have sensed he would have required total career devotion and not allowed for a work-life balance, so I am glad I did not proceed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you get your leads?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Took three months from first interview to job offer. Had to constantly call the recruiter to get an update on status. Would be better if you were able to speak with other employees to get an idea of culture.