Republic Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Was approached with recruitment e-mail. Took online assessment. Was approached by another recruited for phone interview. Passed to physical on site interview with sit-in and short tour. Called for background test information and drug testing. Passed and e-mailed document signings. E-mailed first-day training location.

Interview Questions

• "Why did I quit my last job."   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. I had a phone interview with the ASM and DSM and also one of the reps. Then went onsite for a interview with the DSM and then got called back for an half day visit to experience the role

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Relaxing in able to feel like it was no pressure I sit in the waiting room for about 10 minutes then went into an office to talk to one of the hiring managers who was very down-to-earth and easy to talk to

Interview Questions

• Name a time when the situation it wasn't exactly planned out but you came to a resolution and how you did it   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Republic Services (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one recruiter and then a few days later i had an onsite interview. The recruiters were very nice and informative and look forward to the onsite interview to tell more.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Republic Services (Tampa, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

Had 2 interviews Both supervisors liked the way I answered the questions that was asked. So they scheduled a day for the ride along. I did the ride along and let them know I liked the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were dealt with a difficult situation, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Questions were mostly behavioral and pretty much standard. The interview process was with 5 different interviewers at different times. Interview was concluded with an excel skills test (vlookups, index-match, pivot tables, sum if etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you disagreed with an employee, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Republic Services (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. First one was non technical with the project manager. Second one was technical. I really thought I had this one in the bag but I was wrong!

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services in February 2018.

Interview

Begins with a phone screen, then goes to a 45 minute behavioral phone interview with a recruiter. After that, I was invited to interview at my local Republic branch and to visit them at the career fair for my university. The final interview day was supposed to last 1.5 hours but ran over to lasting over 2 hours. Behavioral-based questions were asked by the GM and HR manager for my city's operations. The questions were pretty straight-forward and It was an easy process for me because of my extensive research into the company and industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial interview with the recruiter who was well-informed and articulate about the role. Then a follow-up phone call with the hiring manager, followed by a half-day onsite interview with about 6 people. Interview questions focused mostly on past experience with occasional behavior-based type of question. The company seems rather laid back, but there did appear to be a real lack of any appreciable diversity of thought, race, ideas. The cookie cutter prototypical individual was a middle age white male with many years of trash business experience. Seems like a rather status quo environment where individuals with varied experiences and expectations are perceived as a threat to the balance. It's the trash business, not rocket science.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you [insert did something] and how did that turn out?   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (New Orleans, LA) in February 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First with a recruiter for 30 minutes. Second with hiring manager that lasted 30 minutes. Wanted to know personality style of management and auditing skills and writing style.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a quick interview with hiring Manager followed by a coding text in which two developers asked me a few basic stuff. They also asked me to code in Javascript for sometime.