Republic Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Was approached with recruitment e-mail. Took online assessment. Was approached by another recruited for phone interview. Passed to physical on site interview with sit-in and short tour. Called for background test information and drug testing. Passed and e-mailed document signings. E-mailed first-day training location.

Interview Questions

• "Why did I quit my last job."   1 Answer

Construction Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Republic Services (King of Prussia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Process somewhat straight forward with initial phone interview followed by first interview. Second interview with branch manager and regional sales manager together. From that point I was set up to do a ride along with a current salesperson. There didn't seem to be a set plan in place as far as the interview process goes. The process took well over a month and a half to complete from start to finish. After ride along, another three weeks had passed and still hadn't heard from HR or interviewing managers.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

There are three interviews. One with sales supervisor, one with sales supervisor and manager, one with both and GM. They have sit downs with you and run through the gamut of stock interview questions. If you show a hunger for sales, it's a piece of cake. It doesn't hurt to have friends or family in the industry. as the trash industry normally stays in house.

Interview Questions

• They ask stock questions about why you are a good candidate, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Very long drawn out application and interview process. Like 2 months drawn out. Ride arounds. Interviews and time spent with the team. All easy stuff, but a lot of time

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly a get to know you session   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation, pay is pre-set

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview promised a meeting for a face to face. Two weeks go by and finally got a date to come in. Manager didn't have copy of resume used mine. They had not even studied my resume yet. Asked if I would have to give my current employer two weeks notice. What's the soonest you can start!! 3 weeks later HR calls for a third interview. By then I am not interested, but I went anyway. Top manager said can you start tomorrow ? No, I haven't been made an offer yet. This isn't a joke. I took time out of my work day to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Applied online, after a lengthy game of phone tag I had the first interview on the phone with area recruiter that lasted all of 15min, the second was in person onsite with sales manager after rescheduling several times because of 'calendar conflicts', the third was in person onsite with the general manager, on the phone with the vp regional sales and then an offer. Process took a very long time for an entry level position.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews one in person, one over the phone. They both were short in the personal I was also interviewed in Spanish, to check the level of this, they were always professional and very polite

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services in February 2018.

Interview

Begins with a phone screen, then goes to a 45 minute behavioral phone interview with a recruiter. After that, I was invited to interview at my local Republic branch and to visit them at the career fair for my university. The final interview day was supposed to last 1.5 hours but ran over to lasting over 2 hours. Behavioral-based questions were asked by the GM and HR manager for my city's operations. The questions were pretty straight-forward and It was an easy process for me because of my extensive research into the company and industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Operation Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Republic Services (Fresno, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Management very kind and gentle, they explain the ins and outs and expressed that there would be training no one knows everything on a new job very relaxing environment and family oriented I love this company

Interview Questions

• How to access online ordering or procurement and who to order from,   Answer Question

Negotiation

we talked about the position and then my skills and I assured him I was computed literate except for macros then he mentioned my salary and told me when to start

Ops Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Services in September 2015.

Interview

I was kept waiting for 20 minutes past the appointment time; I was to meet with the Ops Mgr and HR Mgr - HR Mgr was"unavailable" Ops Mgr was bored and in a hurry - first and only question was "Are you bilingual?". Now, that was not even a "preferred" quality nor was being bilingual addressed at all on the application nor was it addressed by the phone screener that I spoke with on two separate occasions. Ops Mgr then asked for a copy of my resume, he looked it over and showed me the door - in and out in 10 minutes - worst interviewer and worst interview I have ever experienced.

Ops Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Republic Services (Missoula, MT) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with HR and area director of operations on a conference call and also went to dinner with acting GM at the time . Sat in the office with HR and answered questions on my background with the company and then after the call answered a few more questions with HR.

Interview Questions

• if I could transition from driver to supervisor role   1 Answer