Republic Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Was approached with recruitment e-mail. Took online assessment. Was approached by another recruited for phone interview. Passed to physical on site interview with sit-in and short tour. Called for background test information and drug testing. Passed and e-mailed document signings. E-mailed first-day training location.

Interview Questions

• "Why did I quit my last job."   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Telephone Interview was clean and clear-cut. However, there is a process breakdown with 2nd and 3rd interviews. The contact center is new and seems to have some process improvements needed. Slow communication (could've been just me since I was declined the position).

Purchasing Agent/Parts Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Non existent. I was called by one of their recruiters after applying online. I attempted to return his call several times - always got voice mail. Left dates and times that would work for a phone interview, yet was never called back. Some hiring process.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I went there in time i wait less then 10 min to get interview they ask me basic questions they tell me how much i want to get pay wont take to long to finish interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Took three months from first interview to job offer. Had to constantly call the recruiter to get an update on status. Would be better if you were able to speak with other employees to get an idea of culture.

CRC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

You're asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with your experience as a customer service agent because they would rather hire "good" people because they have all the tools to make you into a great customer service rep.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for someone.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

phone interview / face to face / process was quick for the interviews but it took forever for them to make a decision and notify you - no feedback given

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work there   1 Answer

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Rancho Cordova, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

My first interview was a 4 panel interview with all of the supervisors. Each asking their own questions. My second interview was with the general manager. The first interview lasted about 20 minutes. The second interview was about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would get from one location to another if one route was blocked by highway traffic.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Top to bottom, the best interview process ever! I was contacted by the recruiter via phone, who volunteered to stay past her normal work hours to allow me a phone pre-screen. The recruiter was extremely thorough and asked very relevant, but standard questions. These questioned were geared towards me "fitting" in their environment. She expedited an interview for the following morning with both floor managers. Although it was short notice and provided me little prep time, I was more than thankful for her belief in my potential ability. In my heart, I knew (while talking to the recruiter)that I needed to be here, so I stayed up all night researching the company and managers. He positive attitude got me pumped up to focus on the interview. The managers asked tough, probing questions that applied to real world situations that would be directed towards the position and not in general terms. I was then notified that I had to interview with my peers, to which I did. It was a no-notice interview and I admit I was taken back. I was, for the first time ever, caught off guard. Kudos to them! The Supervisor was honest and I discovered we had nearly similar circumstances in our prior positions. Finally, the director stopped by (Seriously!), who guided me from general questions to precision like scenarios and Q&A. I then rec'd a floor tour as well to officially end my interview process. I was a prior recruiter and will freely admit that I had never been part of such an enlightening and positive interview process. Every leader spoke with honest and open clarity as to leave no stone unturned. They held high expectations to match their standards. The servant leadership was so obvious that I knew that I needed to be here. They were open about the challenges, the upcoming changes, and their direction. But, every single conversation with each person lead back to the support of the employees! While I was waiting during the interview gaps, I had multiple employees stop by, introduce themselves, and wish me the best of luck. After the interview process, I actually called another company to withdraw my candidacy as a finalist. The building is immaculate, professional, and inviting. Their branding was rewarding and empowering. I felt part of the team and I was only there for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What processes would I do to lead change management? How would I communicate to direct reports when delivering a message that would be received with harsh criticism? How would I flex my leadership styles to ever changing priorities? What coaching styles to I feel would best...   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Emailed to set up phone screening. Phone screening lasted about 30 minutes. This included generic questions regarding past experience with customer service and sales. The interview was very awkward, with questions asked and then long silent pauses while interviewer tried to type out your responses.