Research Square Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 31 of over 31 interviews

Teachers

10m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,843

955 Comments

Join the conversation on

Research Square Company

Application

I interviewed at Research Square Company

Interview

I have heard positive things about this company and work-life balance. I sent in my application but was not able to ever get in contact with someone about an interview, which was frustrating.

Interview Questions
  • Company was not communicative despite multiple attempts
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Square Company (Durham, NC) in Apr 2021

Interview

They tried to make the process as comfortable as possible, calling it a more "informal" process. I had a peer interview with people who currently work in the position and an interview with the team leaders. Overall a really great experience - I was sold on the company and I'm anxious to hear back!

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time where you had to compromise. Can you tell me about a time where you disagreed with a supervisor, and what came out of that situation?

Research Square Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Square Company

Interview

The interview process was good if you are in the field and know the academic sector. They sent me an academic article and asked me to review it and then find the best possible publishing options (3 different journal options ).

Interview Questions
  • What are the best 3 journals this article can be accepted for publishing?

Research Square Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Square Company in Aug 2020

Interview

I applied online and got an email about 10 days later with a technical editing test in the relevant area of study, to complete within a week. It was an interesting task, and they supplied plenty of examples and detailed instructions for completion. About a week after submitting that I got an invitation for a "Technical Interview", which was another editing exercise over a video conference, but before scheduling that interview they wanted to confirm we were all on the same page for salary and job description. Lastly, I had a final interview a couple weeks later which consisted of behavioral interview questions. I got an offer about 10 days after the final interview, a cumulative ~2 months after I applied online.

Interview Questions
  • What are the most important things to you in a job? How would you do working/editing outside your area of study?

Research Square Company

Application

I interviewed at Research Square Company

Interview

I went through a four-step process. First, I was sent a test edit, which I completed and passed. Then an initial interview was scheduled with a team leader, which was quite relaxed. About a week later, I was contacted by the HR team to schedule a second set of interviews, one being a conversation with two current academic editors, and the second being another interview with two team leaders. After about another week, I was asked for three references who submitted reference questionnaires. The next day I was sent an offer. The entire process was very straightforward and streamlined.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time that you made a suggestion at a job and helped to implement a solution
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Square Company (Durham, NC) in Jan 2020

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. In the initial application, there was a small code challenge. Once an interview was scheduled Witt one of their senior engineers, it was essentially a walkthrough scenario on how one would build a Twitter clone.

Interview Questions
  • If you were do build a Twitter clone, how would you do this?

Research Square Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Square Company

Interview

I've done medical writing/editing and considered myself experienced. I applied online because I was seeking a new venue for contract editing. After an online application, I received a straightforward editing exercise. This involved revising a poorly written introduction for a scientific manuscript. Three weeks after submitting the completed edit, I received a generic rejection that I failed to meet their standards. Given the generic nature of the rejection, I cannot recommend them.

Interview Questions
  • This involved revising a poorly written introduction for a scientific manuscript, while keeping within strict guidelines.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Square Company (Durham, NC) in Dec 2018

Interview

There was an initial sample editing assignment to complete. Following that, I met with a manager to go over what the job entailed. I was then invited to interview with two team managers and, in a separate meeting, two current academic editors.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to edit a sample assignment within a certain period of time, according to specifications they provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Research Square Company (New York, NY) in Mar 2018

Interview

Was sent three written samples and was asked to edit them. They provided brief information about the process but no expectations or standards which makes it difficult given the wide standards used by various journals.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Research Square Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Square Company

Interview

I first filled out an online application which included providing a resume/cover letter and contact information for three references. About a week later, I received an email inviting me to participate in a sample editing exercise so that they could assess my editing skills and I could see the type of editing I would be doing for the company. I was asked to select three short (1-2 page) excerpts from a collection provided by Research Square that most appealed to me, edit them in accordance with the supplied guidelines, and return them within a week (I returned them within two days). A couple of days later I received a confirmation email stating that they had received my edits and would be reviewing them shortly. About a week after that, I received an email stating that I was not being considered for the full-time Academic Editor position for which I originally applied, but was being offered the opportunity to join their independent contract editor pool.

Interview Questions
  • I never had a personal/conversational interview; the primary assessment tool seemed to be the sample editing exercise.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Interviews