Reval Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Reval

2.8

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reval (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I got call from their recruiter regarding my application for S/W eng position . There we discussed few things on my resume which were relevant to job requirement . then after 2 weeks he scheduled an onsite interview .

On on-site interview i mate with 2 project managers , we discussed things on my resume and my internship . The interview was mostly discussion oriented not too much technical .

they liked me so they scheduled one more interview next day with the Head of Software Division , in that interview also mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• what is WPF , WCF ? Why C++ is faster than C# or Java ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Reval (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

The Interview Process was the Fairest to date that I've experienced because I was interview by a varying degree of people from different departments and expertise. The interviewers ranged from senior managment to mid-level managers to fellow associates in the firm. I was fairly quick and efficient in my view.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself academically, professionally & personally?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect to contribute to the firm if/when hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have good experience and you are sure that your contribution to the firm are critial, then I'd say "do negociate after the offer has been extended to you". But do make your decision fast as the firm retains the right to withdraw the offer in a short time span. as i was new, I chose to accept the descent offer that was made, and thus decide to prove my value to manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reval (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview stuck to its allotted schedule. All interviewers were direct and also helpfully at explaining job functions and company atmosphere. I met with 3 team members, one member of Human Resources, and had an in-office phone interview with the head of Client Services after having an initial phone interview with Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• They each asked me product knowledge   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reval (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward with typical phone screening followed by in-person interviews with the whole team. Given that it's a smaller company, you meet with higher ups as well so be prepared for that. The only thing to note is the DNA interview. You'll be asked a series of extremely specific fit questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you showed xyz"
      "Tell me about a project you did well on, one you didn't do well on"
      "What is your proudest accomplishment"
      Was also asked some technical questions to make sure I knew the basics, but nothing intense or overly hard   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reval.

Interview

I had two phone calls with senior people in the department. Entirely behavioral questions and about my resume. Had the opportunity to ask questions about what my role would entail during the summer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used Excel. How proficient are you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reval (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through a former colleague. I immediately received a phone call from HR. I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter the following day. He was a bit aggressive but very knowledgeable about the company and really provided a great level of detail about the culture and the company. After the HR screening I was passed to the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked tough but important questions. I felt he was smart and straightforward and I enjoyed that about him. The interview was more conversational than a fire hose of questions.

Treasury Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reval (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process, with two face to face interviews.
    A big problem with Reval is that they don;t discuss salary terms until very late in the process and when you are committed.
    They then come up with reasons to pay very little. It seems to be the same story for other staff.
    Ask about salary at the first interview and don't take any excuses. Walk away if needed.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my background and experience.
      The HR people seemed pretty clueless.   1 Answer

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reval (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I met and interviewed with four different members of the sales team, including the VP of sales and including one who was formerly in the ADR role. A former colleague from another company reached out to me to discuss this job opportunity. The interview process was very informal and laid-back, although well structured.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions regarding my education and experience to determine if I would make a good fit for the role and whether my expertise and what I can contribute falls in line with company goals for the year.   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reval (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Overall the process is smooth, efficient and comprehensive. I had series of 1:1 phone interviews with Managers, Directors and Executives that covered topics from an overview of Company and its culture to answering behavioral and technical questions. I was able to demonstrate my skills and experiences matched the requirements for this position and the Company's DNA.

Interview Questions

• How do you earn the trust of others (team members, clients)?   Answer Question
    • Explain the key criteria to qualify for hedge accounting in cash flow and fair value hedge?   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at Reval in March 2012.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by 2 day on-site interview. Mostly behavioral questions,some technical but not much. Ended the interview with a presentation to about 30 employees on why I wanted to work there and why I was the best candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation