Revel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Revel Interview Questions

Interviews at Revel

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Revel.

Interview

tl;dr
    Stay AWAY - their job offer does NOT mean anything.

Interviewed through LinkedIn. (data scientist)
    (Day 1) Recruiter called me next day (quick). And it sounded like they were trying to hurry the whole process, which I liked a lot. After a call with the recruiter, I was assigned for on-site interview. This is where it started to look weird. I told them that I can't schedule the following week and they hurried and scheduled a phone call in lieu of technical interview.

(day 10~14) I received a data science homework and it was super straightforward - the first part of the interview was to explain what I did on the homework challenge. The second part was behavioral with higher up manager. Some tricky questions, but manageable.

(day 14ish) I received a positive feedback and now they started to talk about the type of offer they have: permanent and project contingent offer. Read other posts what these mean. This is where I should have sever ties with them.

(day 21ish) I got a call from recruiter that they would extend me a contingent offer. Afterwards, I visited the office and even received the offer in written package and I even signed.

(day 30) waiting for the company to land a project so I can start working.
    (day 60) waiting for the company to land a project so I can start working.
    (day 90) Still waiting for the company to land a project so I can start working.
    (day 100) got a call that there might be a project and told to be prepared for a full technical interview loop at a client's office. They told initially that some client requested that, but not all. Well I was selected by Revel for this project and they told me that I have to wait because client would need to decide whether to interview me or not. lol
    (day 120) I haven't heard from the client nor from Revel how it went.

Every two or three week, I religiously email them to checkin to ask what the progress was, but their answer is always the same: "Managers are not in the office, I will find out and let you know next week" In the end I could almost guess what they would reply to my email. The problem is that they NEVER replied when they said they would. I kept checking in, but am tired.

I have no grudge with the people I interacted - they must be nice and smart in their own way. I've got a job offer from another company and moved on.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Revel.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me proactively on Linkedin. We had a pleasant phone call and he said he would bring me in for an interview. After several emails back and forth to schedule a meeting time, I stopped hearing from him. There was no explanation as to why the hiring process stopped. I sent several polite follow-up emails but never heard a thing. I found this to be very unprofessional.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Revel.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter on the phone. It was mostly a meet and greet. Recruiter seemed nervous. I agreed to meet with them again. Hopefully the next one is more smooth.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revel (Seattle, WA) in July 2018.

Interview

Be prepared to be ghosted and for god sake do not lose your Job based on their offer.
    I went to interview with them, really liked the manager and was exited! the work culture they described is something that every employee looks for to grow.
    I got an offer from them and they kept pushing back start date, I did some research on the company and if you look at most reviews you find it is common to get an offer and not have a job for you. I really do not know why they do that. please make sure your offer gives you details.
    I am very disappointed with what they did, I am glad that I kept going to interviews and not relying on their offer but for someone who put his notice on based on Revel promises, I would say you will have hard time.
    Never will considering working for Revel. ( I do not blame people who interviewed with me, they are nice, professional and really dedicated but this type of hiring will damage Revel with not keeping their promises)

Interview Questions

• Mostly about what you done in the past and how you can apply your experience to Revel   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Revel.

Interview

Didn't make it past phone screening. The HR ghosted me for the first scheduled call, then rescheduled me same day after we were supposed to speak the second time. When we finally got around to speaking, it was made clear at the end of the call that they preferred local candidates and I was at a disadvantage. I was then ghosted and my follow up e-mails were never responded to. Spoke to a couple friends who had similar experiences.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revel.

Interview

Contacted through Linked In email by company recruiter, who set up a screening phone call. Next was a phone call with head of talent acquisition. A phone call then followed with the business lead for the vertical for which I was being recruited. Shortly after the phone call with the business lead, received the decline email indicating that the business lead had decided to move forward with other candidates. Throughout the process, the recruiter maintained contact, providing information on timing and next steps.

That said, I never really got a feel for the role or why Revel was interested in me working with them. The business lead didn't seem to know anything I'd related in earlier interviews, wasn't a good interviewer and only wanted to talk about the most recent couple years of a longer career. From the tone of his questions and interviewing style, it seemed like Revel was only interested in tactical examples about how I'd met past challenges, clients with which I'd worked and whether I had direct experience with their current clients. Not much interest in whether I could bring new ideas or help grow the business. For a small consulting firm looking to expand, I expected better.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Revel (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter never followed up even after promising that he will. No response at all. Really bad communication. Interview process was more about them telling me how the company is structured. Hire better recruiters.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

In person screening, then onsite interviews with practice area leads. Overall process was pretty quick. Negative experience, as offer / negotiation process was unusual and not forthright. Recruiter was not professional.

Interview Questions

• Case study interview question. Posed hypothetical client situation and asked how I would approach it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revel (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

awesome!! The recruiter really spent time getting to know me and assessing not only my abilities but my persona fit with the firm. This helped me delineate between a "job" and a career. It challenged my thinking and gave me confidence on what I wan long term.

Interview Questions

• case study on digital transformation   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel (Kirkland, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Mostly very friendly, Receptionist did a good job of trying to make me feel at home, Place was full of 20 somethings. Defiantly a place that stresses young culture. Everything is built around an open collaborative environment. Few people have desks. Outside the building you see people walking around having phone conversations with their earbud in place. Looks more like they are listening to their iPod then having a phone conversation. I feel like I was turned down because of ageism. Can't prove it though.