Reynolds American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds American Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with phone interview to DOTT or day on the trade with a TM and DM then panel interview. The whole process took about a month and thankfully I have been with good people the whole time. I feel like when your applying it really depends on where you are when looking at how smooth the process goes

Senior Toxicologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Before interview, car service dropped me off at wrong hotel. The next morning the car service dropped me at the wrong building for my interview. It took over an hour to get another car to get me to the correct building. The car service was directly set up by RAI. Interview process was relatively easy. I was told multiple times I would be receiving a phone call, in a week or so about the results of the interview (good or bad). Never received the promised communication, instead a month later I received the following email: "Thank you for expressing interest in the Sr. Scientist - Toxicologist position with RJ Reynolds. While we have reviewed your information, at this time we are currently pursuing other individuals to fill this position." So after spending 2 days traveling and interviewing they were nice enough to send 2 sentences on the results of the interview. By far the least professional company I have ever interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Why were you late to the interview.   1 Answer

Strategy & Planning Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Applied after career fair, received phone call month later to fly my down for interview at HQ in Winston-Salem. Interview was very behavioral-based. Wanted me to demonstrate how I could transfer my knowledge over to work.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

There is an initial phone screening, then your next step in the hiring process is a Day On The Trade. This is day where you shadow a current territory whom is accompanied by their supervisor. The process is not very productive because instead of them teaching you, the territory manager is more interested in impressing their boss. Good theory bad execution.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were faced with conflict and how did you overcome the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and received an email to set up a phone interview the next day. I did my phone interview and the interviewer just didn't seem interested. Next day, I received an email saying they were moving forward with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Multi-step process including phone interview, pre-recorded webcam questions, field ride-along, and two-part panel interview. Ongoing communication with recruiter. Be aware that relocation is highly likely/expected for employment--you are interviewing for a position, not a location.

Interview Questions

• STAR-type questions. Also questions regarding leadership experience and career outlook/goals.   Answer Question

Terriory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American in January 2017.

Interview

The Interview steps were easy... Phone Interview, DOTT, and then Panel Interview. They will fly you out to a major city on them with hotel included. but my job was rescinded due to having speeding tickets so if you have any speeding tickets do not apply. They don't tell you that in the beginning

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions.. 2 Interviews.. 30 min each   1 Answer

SummerAnalytical Chemistry Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reynolds American in December 2016.

Interview

I met with recruiters at a career fair, and I filled out an online application. I was called approximately a week later to set up a phone interview, scheduled for 30mins. So far, I've just had the phone interview, was told that I would be contacted by someone from HR about the next steps in the process. Very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you admire and why?
      Tell me about a difficulty in your research and how you overcame it.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Lead Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Phone interview. Basic questions. The gentleman seemed to be highly distracted and I'm not sure he was even paying attention. I answered in detail and hit all the points that he asked about. It was one of the more perplexing interviews I have ever done. I have never spoken with someone who lacked energy like this gentleman did.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Standard scenario and background stuff.   1 Answer

Senior Scientist - Biostatistcian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 5 weeks to get called from a recruiter to arrange for a phone interview with the hiring manager and two other staff. The recruiter did not send any confirmation email, everything was scheduled over the phone.

The interview was about an hour, with many questions of technical and non-technical types from each of the three persons on the phone. The number of questions was little excessively for supposedly a non-senior position even though it said "senior" in the position title.

I withdrew my application as I wasn't sure I would like to work with the team. I also had to realize It is a company that makes tobacco, and whether I want to work for them in a long run. If not, it might be difficult for me to change my career due to the social stigma people get.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you have a couple of example projects to tell them how you work from the start to completion. The usual, why you want to work for them.   Answer Question