Reynolds American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Phone interview/ make sure you know information about the company’s products and history/online assessment/ moved on to panel interview in another city/ company paid for flight and hotel/ great experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain something to two different types of audiences   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a process better for a team   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to overcome and objection   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to improve a relationship with a coworker   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Upon applying they responded fairly quickly to schedule a phone screen. This consisted of several behavioral questions which typically prefaced with "Tell me about a time...". I was then moved on to the "Virtual Job Tryout" which I think was unfortunately my fate as I am no longer being considered by the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a process better for a team?

How do you go about organizing your schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Columbia, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

Several phone interviews and if you successfully pass those they will fly you to where they are currently having panel interviews, they pay two meals, wonderful hotel, and flight. Interview is with several high executives two in two different rooms one to focus on the star format the other to focus on the leadership. You spend 35 minutes in each room then they send you off.

Interview Questions

• Star behavior questions the questions are random It has to do with what they feel like asking you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone interview with outside contractor (worst). I had forgotten the salary range which is pathetic but had hoped there would be some wiggle room. Despite having 15 years experience in the industry in a similar role the max salary was $47k. If they expect to attract top talent at that rate of pay they are mistaken particularly when their main competitor will offer up to $65k (northeast) for the same role. I declined to continue the process as I could not meet my fixed cost of living expenses at the pay rate they offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you have any objections to selling tobacco products   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview with recruiter. From there you are given a video interview to film yourself answering questions. You are then scheduled to do a day on the trade. That is where you spend the day with a territory manager in your area and learn about the position. From there you are flown to a location for a panel interview, where you will meet with two groups of three people. They ask all sorts of behavioral type questions. They have specific things they are looking for. I have had experience working in the tobacco industry, and was not given an offer, so I am not sure exactly what they wanted to hear.

Interview Questions

• They use behavioral type questions using the STAR method   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Reynolds American (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a call and phone interview with a recruiter , and i was updated that there is no more DOTT(Day on The Trade) where you ride with a TM and see how the job is like. I was also asked as to what happened when i first applied(this is my second application). I told the recruiter that it was most probably an issue with willingness to relocate which i still answered no to. This only proves that for an applicant to make it you have to be 100% willing to relocate or no matter how good you are with the interview , you will not move on in the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan your day? how do you handle a situation where you made an error? Really basic questions.   Answer Question

TM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Winston-Salem, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

First off, there were Several phone interviews leading up to the final round. in the final round, there were two interviews in Winston Salem, NC with two people in each room. They were very great. they put you up in the hotel that is right next to the headquarters in a cool city. I personally fell in love with the culture and I would recommend this process to everyone.

Accounting Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Greensboro, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I was very encouraged by the quick response in the beginning.

I had two interviews back to back and now all follow up calls have gone unanswered.

Also, the job description provided when applying for the role was nothing close to what the phone interview detailed.

I was so excited to get a call from Reynolds now I'm feeling let down that no response has been received from my inquiries.

Interview Questions

• What prompted me to apply for this role?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

30 minute in person interview, then two 45 minute panel interviews. My impression is that the most important things are competence and genuine interest in the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Extensive interview process, started with a pre screen phone interview with recruiter, then DOTT (Day on the trade) This is where you go out with a current TM and DM and see what the job entails. Be sure to stay engaged and ask plenty of questions! They want to know that you are truly interested in the position. Also, be sure to emphasize (when they ask) your willingness and ability to relocate. (Major quality they are looking for) DO NOT THINK YOU ARE TRYING TO SHOWCASE YOUR SALES SKILLS. The DOTT is meant to provide you with an in depth look at the job.

If you make it past the DOTT, they will schedule you for a panel interview in the city nearest you. They will fly you out and pay for your airfare and hotel. This is a suit and tie interview at this stage, so make sure you look your absolute best. Most likely you will run into a few other people interviewing for the same position. THEY ARE NOT YOUR COMPETITION. Engage them, and talk.

Make sure you do your homework in prep for this interview, including but not limited to, company history, behavioral interviews, the 5 p's, and the tobacco industry in general. Answer all questions in STAR format, and most importantly, just be yourself. If you try and fake it, they will spot it. This is a behavioral interview, so prepare for that.

You will interview will a total of 4 high level executives, 2 in each room, and they will split the leadership dimensions and go into each one of those.

After the panel you should hear from the recruiter within 48 hours. If you get a call it means you got an offer, and if not, you'll most likely get a thanks but no thanks email.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why RJ Reynolds? Tell us about yourself/ Name a time you broke company policy/ name a time you failed, tell us about a time you improved a work process   2 Answers