Reynolds American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds American Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.1

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

There is an initial phone screening, then your next step in the hiring process is a Day On The Trade. This is day where you shadow a current territory whom is accompanied by their supervisor. The process is not very productive because instead of them teaching you, the territory manager is more interested in impressing their boss. Good theory bad execution.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were faced with conflict and how did you overcome the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Multi-step process including phone interview, pre-recorded webcam questions, field ride-along, and two-part panel interview. Ongoing communication with recruiter. Be aware that relocation is highly likely/expected for employment--you are interviewing for a position, not a location.

Interview Questions

• STAR-type questions. Also questions regarding leadership experience and career outlook/goals.   Answer Question

SummerAnalytical Chemistry Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reynolds American in December 2016.

Interview

I met with recruiters at a career fair, and I filled out an online application. I was called approximately a week later to set up a phone interview, scheduled for 30mins. So far, I've just had the phone interview, was told that I would be contacted by someone from HR about the next steps in the process. Very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you admire and why?
      Tell me about a difficulty in your research and how you overcame it.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Lead Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Phone interview. Basic questions. The gentleman seemed to be highly distracted and I'm not sure he was even paying attention. I answered in detail and hit all the points that he asked about. It was one of the more perplexing interviews I have ever done. I have never spoken with someone who lacked energy like this gentleman did.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Standard scenario and background stuff.   1 Answer

Territory Manager I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in September 2016.

Interview

Like all other reviews
    Initial screen call... asked why I was interested n if tobacco was n issue
    Vedio screen
    Dott vs visit in field very good gives you view of what needs to be done
    Panel interview

Interview Questions

• Panel interview
      A recruiter will meet you in lobby take you to meeting rooms
      You an another person will interview same time slot different rooms
      The give you a list of leadership demensions
      You go to 2. Different rooms a little small talk then they ask you a questions based off of the dimensions that happened in your professional career
      You need to answer in star format
      Question not overly tough but very very wordy
      Each room last about 20-30 mins
      People nice nothing tough about questions...
      1 Answer

Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter, and was told it would be less than 2 weeks before I heard back for a phone interview. It took nearly 4 weeks.

After the phone interview, I was told that it would be around 10 days until I heard back on whether or not I had made it to the next round (an in-person interview at the headquarters building in Winston-Salem). Once again, it took over 3 weeks.

After the interview in Winston-Salem, I was told that I would have an answer as to whether or not I received the position within 3 weeks. It literally took nearly 2 months to get an answer back, and that was after calling twice during that time span to see what the status of my application was. I was turned down, and when I asked for feedback from the interviewers, I was told there "is no feedback available at this time."

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all based around leadership, and your response to certain situations in the work environment.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in August 2016.

Interview

The process is exactly like others have mentioned. the 4 step that end with a panel. The phone and video interview are very basic. Then you know to day on the trade, where you meet with a TM and DM and learn more about the position. Show up with as many questions as possible and really take an interest to whats going on. You're going to have to speak about that you learned during the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The same question that others have mentioned are asked. They want you to beg for the job and be in love with the company. Honestly, the recruiters tell you what to say during the interview. There are about seven buzzwords that you should use like accountability, responsibility, trust....etc. Plus some questions may sound like they care about your personal life, like, what are you passionate about? They don't care about your personal life, say something like "i'm passionate about reading because it has helped me in my personal life as well as in my PROFESSIONAL life, here's how..."   Answer Question

Senior Manager In Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who filled me in on the basics of the position and spent a great deal of time explaining the culture of Reynolds to make sure that it was an environment that I would enjoy. Next, I spoke to the person who ultimately became my boss to talk specifics. Finally, I visited Winston-Salem for panel interviews where I met with 6 leaders in the company. The panel discussions focused heavily on the six essential leadership characteristics that define Reynolds' culture. I'd been provided those prior to my interview, so I was well prepared for my panels.

Interview Questions

• How did my experience as Captain of my high school swim team prepare me to lead?   1 Answer

Territory Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume earlier in July and did the phone interview. After the phone interview, Human Resources requested I submit a video interview. On the video interview, they ask for behavioral and "name a time when" situations. About 3 days after I submitted the video, I received an email asking to do the Day on the Trade (DOTT). Went to the DOTT and met with a Territory Manager and Trade Manager. I shadowed them to about 6 different convenience stores and watched the Territory Manager on his day to day functions. His functions include checking pricing and skus, moving the older about to be expired cigarette boxes to the front of the display rack, and doing customer engagements. Be sure to take plenty of notes since the managers want you to be engaged on their processes. I was asked why I wanted to work in the tobacco industry. Didn't have a really good answer other than I was very excited for the growth potential in the company and the impact I could provide. My previous pay came up and taking this position would be half of what I am used, also there is no way to be competitive or excel at this role. I gathered it was not really a sales job for the Territory Manager but more customer service and building relationships with the gas station managers/owners. The following week, I received an email stating that I would not be moving forward for them, which ultimately I would've turned down the position. Also, you have to relocate to a different state to be promoted (the Territory and Trader Manager that I met with had both moved from different states to move up the corporate ladder) and that is not where I am at this stage of my life. I really appreciated the DOTT as we both understood that I was not a good fit for them and they were not a good fit for me.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. A week later, I had another phone screen, this time with the hiring manager. About 4 weeks later, I was invited onsite for three panel interviews that consisted of 6 total Senior people. At the end, a senior talent acquisition manager detailed next steps and they even presented me with a gift. I received the rejection email the next day. It was a good experience but I'm sad I didn't get the opportunity.