Reynolds Consumer Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.6

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Temple, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email that they wanted a phone interview next week and wanted days/times that I could be available. I immediately responded and received an email last night that the position has been put on hold.

Oct 19, 2017 – Human Resources Director & Talent Management

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We apologize for any confusion which the interview process may have caused.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Lake Forest, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed both on the phone and in person by four different individuals. Each interview was 30-45 minutes. The interviewees included hiring manager and his superior along with the Operations VP.

Interview Questions

• Why did I think I wanted to work for them?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online; received request for phone interview several days later. scheduled phone call. HR rep didnt call me at agreed time. Call rescheduled, HR rep called me 15 minutes late. didnt have any information on position and wasnt willing to answer any questions. Despite following up multiple times over next 4 weeks, never received any response

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary?   1 Answer

Jun 13, 2017 – Human Resources Director & Talent Management

We apologize that you did not have a positive candidate experience. We talk to hundreds of qualified candidates weekly for various opportunities and our objective is to give our candidates timely... More

Senior Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Appleton, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely awkward and unprofessional interview, I have never left an interview with such confusion. There was an initial phone screening that lead to a face to face with 4 interviewers on site.
    The phone screening was good, the recruiter was very professional. A day after the screening, i was asked for an onsite interview that would take place with 4 different members of the Supply Chain department.I received the instructions to enter the lobby and call the supply chain manager's extension at designated interview time. I arrived 15 minutes early and i tried at 15 mins to, 10 mins to, 5 minutes to and at the time - without the manager answering the phone. I sat in the lobby for a couple extra minutes trying to get a hold of the receptionist. Eventually a random employee walked out and asked if they could help. I mentioned i was there for interview so they went back to try to find who i was meeting with. They came back and said they did not find him but they got someone else that could try to help me. I was in the lobby for an additional 5 minutes for a lady to mention that the manager called in sick that day, but did not inform anyone. They rounded up some people to provide an interview. I provided extra copies of my resume, which they read over and had irrelevant job-specific questions - but rather just small talk. This person then left the room and another individual came in - who was representing customer service. This part of interview was productive and job related questioning. After that came in material manager with another productive portion of the interview. Then the last person came in and was even more awkward. He came in and started talking about himself and the various roles he had at various companies. He talked down Presto Products about how it was not that good of a company - then mentioned that i would never receive a job offer from anyone in the market because i currently have a "Manager" title applying for a senior position. There was very few job related discussions throughout this whole interview process.
    I was very excited and prepared going into this interview but left with complete disgust with the process at Presto Products.

Interview Questions

• Name (3) times of a specific difficult situation you faced and how you were able to resolve that situation.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Lake Forest, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, Face-to-face meet/greet at Starbucks with hiring manager, then face-to-face interview with five individuals at 30 minutes each including the hiring manager plus HR. It's like speed dating. I don't feel that is enough time to get a good understanding of the role or share experiences with the appropriate people.

Interview Questions

• How was your peers describe you? How would your manager describe you? What are some of the things that you need improvement on.   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Human Resources Director & Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if you did not feel that the interview process was a positive experience. Our interview process does provide for cross functional exposure and supports our... More

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiting agency placed me into an interview with Reynolds Consumer Products. The agency provided me with Reynolds' summary and the challenges they face. Multiple documents about the challenges the company faces, changes they need to make, and their perfect candidate. They needed a maintenance supervisor with strong experience leading and implementing change while creating SOPs to improve the maintenance process. Reynolds mechanics belong to multiple unions so it was made abundantly clear to me that the ideal candidate is someone with great leadership ability who is mechanically-minded, but not someone who could or would attempt to perform any maintenance due to liability concerns (common in unionized workforce). As a transitioning officer in the Army with several years of directly related maintenance leadership experience, sounded like I would ace this one. I also have multiple degrees that I thought would strengthen my candidacy.

Interview was a phone one, which went very well. Advise candidates to be prepared for some tough questions in attempt to throw you for a loop. I was well-prepared and aced the interview. The managers interviewing told me all about my hours and how good of a fit I am for the organization. Follow-up conversation with HR went as equally well. HR went as far as to discuss benefits as well as generally making me feel that this job was in the bag.

Recruiter contacted me a week later with feedback from Reynolds. I had aced the interview, they were impressed, but they wanted someone with more hands-on experience. Which seems interesting considering they explicitly stated that this was not what they were looking for. During the interview, I was told my leadership is a great fit and would bring value to the organization during a time of change. At no point was "hands-on experience" a topic of the questions or communicated as a desired KSA for a candidate.

Rejection is a part of the transition from military to civilian life. All candidates should be prepared to accept that. However, being led on and then rejected is a whole different ball game and reflects badly upon this company.

Digital Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Lake Forest, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, then had to submit online video interview answering 5 standard questions, then next round interviewing with 5 separate people. I didn't get the offer but appreciated the continual updates from HR coordinator and personal call to tell me I didn't get it (not from the HR VP I interviewed with however).

Benefits just average for non-public co

People friendly

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. But was asked point blank by HR VP what my current salary was and I wanted to discuss range best offer for this position and vs my past salary. Also HR VP asked what specific campus I attended to get my BA degree which I found not relevant as I graduated from large accredited university.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

Relatively quick. Interviewed with HR, hiring Director, and Director's boss. Everyone was very pleasant and easy to talk to. I spent about 30-60 minutes with each person, and I heard back within a couple of days with an offer.

Plant Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Carrollton, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was a phone screen, video interview, interview with the Production Manager, plant team, plant tour, Plant Manager, then VP of Operations.

Clean plant environment. notice several potential safety risk at the tour, apparently no on-boarding process, no SOP's, lots of work (hands will be full for at least 6-9 months) but not impossible to make the goals.

Low wages and no consistency in the new hire process.

Interview Questions

Low salaries, high cost benefits

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It is a lengthy process to say the least. I believe you go through a total of 4 interviews before you are either eliminated or extended an offer of employment letter. The process was conducted in this order: recruiter, interview streaming, Skype interview with VP of HR, on site interview.

Interview Questions

• What actions would you take in the first 60 days of employment?
      How would you measure your effectiveness in a diverse environment?   Answer Question