Reynolds Consumer Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2018

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Lake Forest, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a role on line and received a call the next day for a short phone screen, an interview was then set up for the following week. The interview was short and it didn't seem like any of the interviewers put too much time into prep, they all seemed pretty spontaneous - Quick 30 minute interviews with 4 people at different levels in the organization, I received a hiring decision within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Senior Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Appleton, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely awkward and unprofessional interview, I have never left an interview with such confusion. There was an initial phone screening that lead to a face to face with 4 interviewers on site.
    The phone screening was good, the recruiter was very professional. A day after the screening, i was asked for an onsite interview that would take place with 4 different members of the Supply Chain department.I received the instructions to enter the lobby and call the supply chain manager's extension at designated interview time. I arrived 15 minutes early and i tried at 15 mins to, 10 mins to, 5 minutes to and at the time - without the manager answering the phone. I sat in the lobby for a couple extra minutes trying to get a hold of the receptionist. Eventually a random employee walked out and asked if they could help. I mentioned i was there for interview so they went back to try to find who i was meeting with. They came back and said they did not find him but they got someone else that could try to help me. I was in the lobby for an additional 5 minutes for a lady to mention that the manager called in sick that day, but did not inform anyone. They rounded up some people to provide an interview. I provided extra copies of my resume, which they read over and had irrelevant job-specific questions - but rather just small talk. This person then left the room and another individual came in - who was representing customer service. This part of interview was productive and job related questioning. After that came in material manager with another productive portion of the interview. Then the last person came in and was even more awkward. He came in and started talking about himself and the various roles he had at various companies. He talked down Presto Products about how it was not that good of a company - then mentioned that i would never receive a job offer from anyone in the market because i currently have a "Manager" title applying for a senior position. There was very few job related discussions throughout this whole interview process.
    I was very excited and prepared going into this interview but left with complete disgust with the process at Presto Products.

Interview Questions

• Name (3) times of a specific difficult situation you faced and how you were able to resolve that situation.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products.

Interview

HR phone interview. Met with hiring manager in a casual off-site location. Met with HR, 2 potential colleagues and hiring manager again during a series of on-site interviews (2 hours total, same day). Received offer two days later. Process took about 2 weeks. I was able to negotiate a couple things in my offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked for examples of how I handled a variety of different business situations   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiting agency placed me into an interview with Reynolds Consumer Products. The agency provided me with Reynolds' summary and the challenges they face. Multiple documents about the challenges the company faces, changes they need to make, and their perfect candidate. They needed a maintenance supervisor with strong experience leading and implementing change while creating SOPs to improve the maintenance process. Reynolds mechanics belong to multiple unions so it was made abundantly clear to me that the ideal candidate is someone with great leadership ability who is mechanically-minded, but not someone who could or would attempt to perform any maintenance due to liability concerns (common in unionized workforce). As a transitioning officer in the Army with several years of directly related maintenance leadership experience, sounded like I would ace this one. I also have multiple degrees that I thought would strengthen my candidacy.

Interview was a phone one, which went very well. Advise candidates to be prepared for some tough questions in attempt to throw you for a loop. I was well-prepared and aced the interview. The managers interviewing told me all about my hours and how good of a fit I am for the organization. Follow-up conversation with HR went as equally well. HR went as far as to discuss benefits as well as generally making me feel that this job was in the bag.

Recruiter contacted me a week later with feedback from Reynolds. I had aced the interview, they were impressed, but they wanted someone with more hands-on experience. Which seems interesting considering they explicitly stated that this was not what they were looking for. During the interview, I was told my leadership is a great fit and would bring value to the organization during a time of change. At no point was "hands-on experience" a topic of the questions or communicated as a desired KSA for a candidate.

Rejection is a part of the transition from military to civilian life. All candidates should be prepared to accept that. However, being led on and then rejected is a whole different ball game and reflects badly upon this company.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Lake Forest, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was nothing out of the ordinary. I met with 3 people, hiring manager, indirect manager and potential co worker. Questions were around prior experience and how I would handle specific situations. I had plenty of time to ask follow up questions. Fairly easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you influence others in a business situation?   Answer Question

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Lake Forest, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process went very quick. I think I met with four people in one day, and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate salary, just vacation time and it was accepted.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online; received request for phone interview several days later. scheduled phone call. HR rep didnt call me at agreed time. Call rescheduled, HR rep called me 15 minutes late. didnt have any information on position and wasnt willing to answer any questions. Despite following up multiple times over next 4 weeks, never received any response

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary?   1 Answer

Reynolds Consumer Products Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Human Resources Director & Talent Management

We apologize that you did not have a positive candidate experience. We talk to hundreds of qualified candidates weekly for various opportunities and our objective is to give our candidates timely... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen, video interview, and in-person interview with the team and one with the supervisor. I sent a thank you email to the team and never got a response from anyone. I did not even get a rejection email. After such an involved process, a rejection notification is the least they could give.

Interview Questions

• What are two areas of professional development you feel you need to advance your career?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It is a lengthy process to say the least. I believe you go through a total of 4 interviews before you are either eliminated or extended an offer of employment letter. The process was conducted in this order: recruiter, interview streaming, Skype interview with VP of HR, on site interview.

Interview Questions

• What actions would you take in the first 60 days of employment?
      How would you measure your effectiveness in a diverse environment?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds Consumer Products (Rochester, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Little weird to begin with as the recruiter would not tell me who the interview was with, even when setting up the flight to NY. They paid expenses for trip including motel, dining, car rental. It was a full day of interviews setup with all respective managers and co-workers. Lunch out with the direct manager. Afterwards it was a very quick response after interview with offer.

Interview Questions

• what interests you.   1 Answer
    • what are your thoughts about the company so far.   1 Answer
    • tell me about some of your work history. things you liked or didn't like.   1 Answer