RichRelevance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RichRelevance (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

To sum up - a complete waste of time, due to the company's unprofessional interview process conduct.

From the initial application, to the onsite interview, it took about 5 weeks. Spoke with their HR person first who was pretty accommodating, then had a phone screen with a principal engineer, then was brought onsite, where I spoke with him and 3 other people. This went reasonably well, and was pleasant enough to include lunch.

A few days later I hear from the HR admin that based on the interview feedback, they would like me to speak on the phone to two additional people (one of whom was their VP I was supposed to talk to in person, but wasn't available at the time). The second interview would be another technical discussion, which I assumed would be the tiebreaker of sorts, or the "bar raiser", in Amazon's terms. Then the day before the scheduled calls, it turns out the VP is still not available, so they inform me they will make their decision based on the outcome of one remaining phone conversation.

The phone call was completely not what I was expecting. Instead of speaking with someone who knew where I was in the process of interviewing with them and was intelligent enough to run the interview having in mind this was the final stage, they had me talk to a combative grunt-level engineer who works out of their California office. He was genuinely surprised to find out I had already been onsite, as he was under the impression this was going to be an initial phone screen. He started picking on the words I was using (e.g. attempted to debate with me what constitutes a distributed system), was fully unprepared to get the kind of solution to his coding exercise that I gave him as he struggled to understand it, clearly indicating lack of comfort reading source code, and generally didn't seem to care for interviewing me in general.

As if those alone weren't red flags enough, after waiting a couple of days after the phone interview I attempted to first contact by email the HR person requesting the status, then another couple of days later the principal I initially interviewed with, then just called the HR person a little bit ago and left a message.

Crickets.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RichRelevance.

Interview

Met with VP in person, and then people from marketing and sales. This all took place over the course of 2 weeks, and they were very quick and accommodating to my timeline as I already had a pending offer elsewhere during the process

Interview Questions

• more about past experience, preferences, past achievements, personal opinions   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RichRelevance (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very timely. Open dialogue through all steps of the process. My manager was very transparent when she wasn't able to get back to me with an answer by the timeline she had previously committed. The offer was fair, negations where quick, and I signed promptly. They were also accommodating to previously scheduled travel before my start date.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RichRelevance (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I received an email directly from the hiring manager about an open AM role that I had applied for a week earlier. The initial "screen" call was about 45 minutes - there was great flow and an obvious interest on both ends. From there, she scheduled a 2 hour call with one director and two VP's - all of which were done via video conference. With that call going well, I was asked for 3 references. After passing that call, I was invited into the Seattle office (this is mostly a remote position as my boss would be in SF and she manages teams all over the country) to again virtually meet one more director and another well tenured VP. She and I had lunch right after those two calls. As the in-person interview was wrapping up, she had scheduled calls with all of my references within 48 hours. From there another follow-up call was scheduled a day or so later where she commented on a few potential "questions" regarding my work history and communication. She requested one more call for a short presentation on what {rr} does and soon thereafter, was issued a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most challenging account and how you handled it.
      What makes you a good account manager?
      How do you multi-task?
      What is your communication style?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at RichRelevance in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed several times for different positions. Staff with whom I interviewed were very courteous and seemed like great people to work with. Unfortunately, the process was very hectic. I was told on two separate occasions that the position I had just interviewed for would no longer fit in their budget.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult or unexpected. Some skills based interview questions, but mostly behavioral type.   Answer Question

Interview

Multiple interviews. Technical.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RichRelevance.

Interview

1 phone screen with recruiter, 3 in-person interviews

Negotiation

Negotiated only to be denied.

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RichRelevance in June 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was through an internal recruiter, screening on behalf of the hiring manager (It was the person listed as the contact on the listing though). It was very quick from inquiry to getting the first phone discussion. I was recommended into the recruiter from a friend which may have helped receive a response. The interviewer was very polite and quite candid, which was extremely refreshing.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Very straight forward.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RichRelevance (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Intense but organized interview process. Two phone screens, 3 hours of 30 minute Skype sessions with employees in other offices, flew to HQ's and confirmed offer all within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Having to speculate what might be wrong when sales went down for a Retailer. Not fully understanding the products at the time of the interview made this challenging   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did slightly better comp wise from where I came from

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RichRelevance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First I was contacted by HR on telephone which was to know the skills that I had and technologies based on my resume like Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
    Second interview was a telephonic interview with a Senior Software engineer who asked basic questions on Algorithms, data structures like detecting loop in link list. I had a bit a UI in my resume so he also asked me stuff about jQuery like selectors, selecting elements using attributes.
    Third Interview was also telephonic with a very senior engineer. He asked me to code on how to find unique words for the given string and return the count as well.
    The next week after the interview I got a positive result.
    The company interview process was pretty smooth and fast for me.