RichRelevance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RichRelevance Interview Questions

Interviews at RichRelevance

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RichRelevance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First I was contacted by HR on telephone which was to know the skills that I had and technologies based on my resume like Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
    Second interview was a telephonic interview with a Senior Software engineer who asked basic questions on Algorithms, data structures like detecting loop in link list. I had a bit a UI in my resume so he also asked me stuff about jQuery like selectors, selecting elements using attributes.
    Third Interview was also telephonic with a very senior engineer. He asked me to code on how to find unique words for the given string and return the count as well.
    The next week after the interview I got a positive result.
    The company interview process was pretty smooth and fast for me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RichRelevance (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview process was slightly different (longer) than most people, due to some circumstances at the time.

First was the phone screening with a Director of Engineering, afterwhich I was cleared for a 4-hour on-site technical interview with the same director and three other senior engineers. The last time I interviewed for a job was 9 years ago, so I was understandably very nervous going into it. However, my nerves were quickly tamed as the process started. Everybody treated me very well and with respect. They looked at my huge resume carefully; two of them even cared enough to read all the way to my first job. The conversations were technically stimulating, and they were more like two-way discussions instead of tests and quizzes. Being all nervous and having to think on my feet, I occasionally stumbled or did not come up with the best solutions the first-time around. However, they always encouraged me to re-think the problem/solution in a different way, which then helped me come up with a better solution. If I honestly said that I did not have an answer for the question, they respected my honesty and cared enough to explain the answer.

The third interview was a web chat with one of the principal engineers in a different location. The experience was again very positive and involved two-way discussions. The interview was held to specifically gauge my knowledge on a specific programming language and to figure out what my technical interests are.

The fourth and last interview was with another Director of Engineering and one more software engineer. More technical questions (data structure and algorithm) from the engineer, and discussions involving technical experience and interests with the director.

Two things that stood out from the experience:
    - The technical questions were appropriate and challenging at the same time, which I actually liked. To me, it means that they want the best engineers, and you would be working with some of the best talents in the industry
    - Although I believe that my interviewers were some of the smartest engineers in the area, there was not a single hint of rockstar attitude. My impression was that they were nice to talk to, humble, willing to share knowledge, and treat people with respect. That speaks a lot about the individuals' and company's core values.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RichRelevance (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Pretty strict interview process - you'd better know your stuff, especially programming, algorithms, optimization, design etc.

Phone screen with a senior engineer, then more technical phone screen with another senior engineer. Onsite face-to-face with various engineering staff from mid-level all the way to VP. Lots of whiteboard coding, but lots of "culture" questions too. They definitely want to make sure they're someone they can work with and not just a "Rain Man" type. Broad grilling on diverse technical topics, and be prepared to speak knowledgeably about anything on your resume. The offer came quickly after. Interviewers obviously very smart people, and very technical, so no BSing.

Interview Questions

• A couple of the programming challenges were difficult under stress - such as "find the longest sequence of <something> in a series of numbers" - not that exact question, but that type of thing. Then, "how would you make your solution faster?".   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RichRelevance in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, 30 min. talk

Phone interview with manager, talk one hour

Phone interview with Principle Engineer. paired interview, with a Software engineer

Onsite interview with team 4 session (45 min.)

Offer accepted in one week

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RichRelevance (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Employee referral - had 2 in-person interviews and small assignment to complete. HR was very helpful during the whole process as was the on-boarding experience.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate- they

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RichRelevance (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I received an email directly from the hiring manager about an open AM role that I had applied for a week earlier. The initial "screen" call was about 45 minutes - there was great flow and an obvious interest on both ends. From there, she scheduled a 2 hour call with one director and two VP's - all of which were done via video conference. With that call going well, I was asked for 3 references. After passing that call, I was invited into the Seattle office (this is mostly a remote position as my boss would be in SF and she manages teams all over the country) to again virtually meet one more director and another well tenured VP. She and I had lunch right after those two calls. As the in-person interview was wrapping up, she had scheduled calls with all of my references within 48 hours. From there another follow-up call was scheduled a day or so later where she commented on a few potential "questions" regarding my work history and communication. She requested one more call for a short presentation on what {rr} does and soon thereafter, was issued a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most challenging account and how you handled it.
      What makes you a good account manager?
      How do you multi-task?
      What is your communication style?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RichRelevance (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Intense but organized interview process. Two phone screens, 3 hours of 30 minute Skype sessions with employees in other offices, flew to HQ's and confirmed offer all within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Having to speculate what might be wrong when sales went down for a Retailer. Not fully understanding the products at the time of the interview made this challenging   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did slightly better comp wise from where I came from

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RichRelevance (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

To sum up - a complete waste of time, due to the company's unprofessional interview process conduct.

From the initial application, to the onsite interview, it took about 5 weeks. Spoke with their HR person first who was pretty accommodating, then had a phone screen with a principal engineer, then was brought onsite, where I spoke with him and 3 other people. This went reasonably well, and was pleasant enough to include lunch.

A few days later I hear from the HR admin that based on the interview feedback, they would like me to speak on the phone to two additional people (one of whom was their VP I was supposed to talk to in person, but wasn't available at the time). The second interview would be another technical discussion, which I assumed would be the tiebreaker of sorts, or the "bar raiser", in Amazon's terms. Then the day before the scheduled calls, it turns out the VP is still not available, so they inform me they will make their decision based on the outcome of one remaining phone conversation.

The phone call was completely not what I was expecting. Instead of speaking with someone who knew where I was in the process of interviewing with them and was intelligent enough to run the interview having in mind this was the final stage, they had me talk to a combative grunt-level engineer who works out of their California office. He was genuinely surprised to find out I had already been onsite, as he was under the impression this was going to be an initial phone screen. He started picking on the words I was using (e.g. attempted to debate with me what constitutes a distributed system), was fully unprepared to get the kind of solution to his coding exercise that I gave him as he struggled to understand it, clearly indicating lack of comfort reading source code, and generally didn't seem to care for interviewing me in general.

As if those alone weren't red flags enough, after waiting a couple of days after the phone interview I attempted to first contact by email the HR person requesting the status, then another couple of days later the principal I initially interviewed with, then just called the HR person a little bit ago and left a message.

Crickets.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at RichRelevance (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a principal software engineer. Questions are very hard and relevant. Followed up with on site interview. Impressed with the people.

Interview Questions

Interview

Multiple interviews. Technical.