Rightpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rightpoint

2.8

Lead Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rightpoint (Oakland, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone screen went well leading me to make the interview a priority. 4 individuals in office, talked about my frontend, backend, data science and team experience. In the 4th hour of the interview I was told I would be doing a whiteboard puzzle that was poorly explained to begin with. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Make a deep copy of a linked list in javascript on this whiteboard.   1 Answer

Web Applications Developer Interview

Interview

On campus interview. Get call back in a week and then have a HR interview on campus. The HR asked a lot of coding general questions. Get rejected 2 weeks later.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rightpoint (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

My interview process was very organized. I started the journey with a phone interview to establish a foundation. The next call was a skills assessment call. Finally, I made a visit on-site to interview with up to 3 people, each evaluating a different aspect of my skill sets (technical, soft, and administrative) before meeting with each of the partners in the final round. The partners are incredibly enthusiastic and fun to work for. They are involved at every level of the company, from sales to delivery, and are extremely adept at creating teams that work well together and highlight the strengths of the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult leadership experience you had to face?   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult technical problem you had to solve and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate Salary, start date and work schedule. My advise to others considering an offer would be to stick to your guns! They are a small company right now, but have an amazing growth record and Sales team. If you have the skill this company is looking for and you believe in the value that you can add, show that in your intervew and negotiation process.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rightpoint in May 2016.

Interview

Extremely disorganized and unprofessional. After I applied for the position, I received an email from Recruiter 1 and was told in the email that "so far they liked what they saw" and wanted to schedule a phone interview and that I needed to supply them with available times. Canned responses like that are always a red flag for me - but I thought I would continue with the process. I supplied Recruiter 1 with available times the same day and never heard back from Recruiter 1. Waiting for a few days I decided to leave a voice mail for Recruiter 1 - and subsequently left two voicemails. I received no response. The following week, I then received another email from Recruiter 2 stating that I had not yet suggested times to set up the phone interview with Recruiter 1. I then forwarded her the original email that I sent to Recruiter 1 with the suggested times. Still no response from Recruiter 1 and no response from Recruiter 2. I then left voicemails again for both Recruiter 1 and Recruiter 2. No response - again. Finally after all of this, a phone meeting was set by Recruiter 2 to meet with Recruiter 1. (comical at this point) When I finally had the interview with Recruiter 1 - nothing was said about the mix up, the unreturned voicemails, the unreturned emails, etc. I continued on with the interview and was quite unimpressed. The recruiter was rather sharp on the phone and a little combative. In my opinion, not a good way to vet a potential candidate. It may be a great company, but my experience was exceptionally substandard.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenged you faced and tell me how you solved it.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rightpoint in October 2013.

Interview

The process included a phone screen, an in person case study, and a follow up with senior leadership. The folks involved in the interviewing process were very pleasant and engaging. Seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Time bound case study in which you are required to complete a project plan and issues log. I was invited back for the final round, but was not able to determine why I did not receive an offer.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rightpoint.

Interview

Waste of time. They were looking for a senior candidate but barely asked any high design or enterprise level questions. Looks like most of their work is on simple frontend type of websites. If you are senior level dealing with enterprise systems you might get very disappointed by their interviews. Also looks like the guys doing interviews there are mostly very young with 3-4 year experience at most.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rightpoint (Boston, MA).

Interview

About 4.5 hours of behavioral questions focusing on the company core values. Spoke to 4 people for about 45 minutes and then the CEO for a very short time. A lot of white-boarding and thought exercises. Very fun.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rightpoint (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Since I've started they've changed the hiring process to be a bit more grueling. It generally consists of a 4–5 hour interview, each hour with someone different. They try to weed out the people that would be a good fit culturally as well as being able to do their job well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever delivered something to the client that they didn't like and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rightpoint (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin. Had a phone interview the following day with the recruiter. After that he setup a phone interview with the practice lead. Based on that conversation they flew me out to Chicago for an in person interview. Upon arriving I was given a tour of the facility. The interview process was 4 hours long which consisted of an hour long interview with 4 people at various levels of the company. Each interviewer asked a different set of questions (technical, non-technical, consulting, culture). I received an informal offer via the phone from the recruiter the following week followed by the formal offer via email. After salary negotiation I signed and began relocation

Interview Questions

• various scenario type questions that required me to walk them through how I would handle specific situations   Answer Question

Senior Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rightpoint (Boston, MA).

Interview

As previous reviewers mentioned, I received a canned response from a recruiter that "they liked what they saw" on my resume, so he asked for my availability for a phone interview with a lead content strategist at headquarters in Chicago. Didn't hear anything back from the recruiter for a week, so followed up and he scheduled our phone interview for the next day. Wish I had more of a heads up, but at least I got a response.

The lead content strategist was nice and asked relevant, fair questions, but she essentially said that anyone entering this position wouldn't have a lot of support since they're so understaffed and would immediately pile on a significant workload. That was a red light for me. I would've turned down a second interview, but they didn't offer one anyways, so it made my decision easy. Sounds like things are a bit messy there right now.