Rightpoint Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ross Freedman and Brad Schneider

1. "Great Company, Fantastic Leadership"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rightpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership is fantastic. When you talk with them they will listen. Their company culture is great as well. Its not "rah rah, walmart cheers in the morning" as someone wrote in their review but just a great group of people that you'll enjoy working with. Interesting projects.

Cons

Project timelines are a bit optimistic, felt very fast paced. The only consistent project management across teams is the 15 min standup to say you're "Agile/Scrum". Being at client sites you can start feeling disconnected from Rightpoint.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the management style. Find a way to help those at client sites feel more a part of the Rightpoint team. In addition to the architects, involve the developers, or at least a lead dev, earlier on in the project scope definition which could help alleviate those optimistic timelines.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rightpoint (More than a year)

Pros

Rightpoint has a group of amazing technical architects and are fun to work with. It's a relaxed environment where you can be flexible with your work schedule.

Cons

Lots of people take advantage of the flexible work schedule and don't pull their weight. A lot of the middle management are not seasoned, but have just been with the company for a long time. Not a place to grow a career.

Advice to Management

You are trying to grow too fast and the growing pains will start to show. Take care of your top performers.

"Frustrating Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rightpoint (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced digital consulting work for clients in many industries. Opportunity to work with team members across the organization and joy of seeing products launch to the public.

Cons

No apparent effort to invest in employees. While the Chicago HQ might be a shiny new office, all other offices are stuck in the corporate cubicle structure of the past. Company events are lack luster and divided. Upper management does not like to get involved with the actual work, seem to be preoccupied with overseeing projects with the few big name clients. "Culture" is a word thrown around by upper management but I never saw it. As a heads up, I left Rightpoint on my own, was not pushed out in any way. This review is completely objective.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your compensation structure. Hold bad managers and employees accountable. Truly listen to employees and built the company culture.

5. "Rightpoint Web Dev"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rightpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rightpoint offers a work hard, play hard type atmosphere typical of digital agencies. There are very many smart people here, and the company fosters a highly collaborative atmosphere. Upper management seems to have their heads in the right place.

Cons

Speaking from my experience, work life balance is a bit of a pain point for Rightpoint developers. There is a lot of urgency in day-to-day activities, and projects seem to often be scoped poorly, causing long nights and weekends spent working.

Advice to Management

The Boston office struggles with the legacy Agency Oasis growing pains it seems. Stale office atmosphere doesn't allow workers to feel motivated. Everyone seems very on edge all the time. Work life balance should be addressed in Boston.

"PMO"

Current Employee - PMO in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - PMO in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rightpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The PMO team has great leadership with the two leaders in place. Leadership seems to want to effect change, but there are a lot of processes not in place and systems that don't properly communicate to one another.

Cons

No flexibility, many growing pains and process pains. Insurance is decent, but poor overall benefits to the employee. Poor work/life balance, vacation time and holidays. Having to account for 40 billable hours a week on timesheets and not having any allowable downtime to socialize or decompress is difficult.

Advice to Management

Too many decision makers, need to streamline processes to expedite. Need more training/onboarding, or reference documents for people to go back to and review. Seems like a lot of people don't know what the correct process is.

"Decent company learning to grow"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rightpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, nice offices, caring owners, opportunity to work on a variety of work (internal and external)

Cons

Figuring out how to be a bigger company, task driven/rewarded results, inexperienced leadership team which leads to confusion and frustration

Advice to Management

Work on figuring out leadership and accountability

8. "Practice Lead"

Current Employee - Practice Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Practice Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rightpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great culture, exciting work, fun

Cons

benefits could be improved as well as work-life balance

Advice to Management

improve qualify of new hires

9. "They have the culture right"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rightpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a killer culture for any younger tech professionals. If your the kind of guy that doesn't like dressing up for work everyday to look at the same people, you like free beer and food, you enjoy challenging projects, you love learning, and you have a drive to provide clients with your best work at all times, this is the company for you.

Cons

There can always be some improvements to the internal processes.

Advice to Management

keep on killing it

"Contract PM"

Former Employee - Contract Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Contract Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great company, good smart people. Expanding rapidly in the Chicago market.

Cons

Overall, the company and where they are going is good. The company has a habit of grabbing on to "the next big thing" and not nurturing it along enough in some cases.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing, but keep in mind that the consultants that got you there will either stay or go, depending on how they are treated.

"Fantastic Place with Fantastic People"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rightpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am not one who writes reviews alot, but I think that Rightpoint is such an amazing place that I am finally doing it. There are so many positives to the company I don't know where to start. Here are a few in no particular order: the people who work here are not only funny but fun. They really care about what they do. And, they also care about each other. The norm is for people to pitch in and help each other rather than turn away because it might take extra effort. The leadership team is really genuine and open. I have never worked at a place where people care so much about the people who work at a company. Even though the company is pretty big now, the co-founders still go out of their way to get to know people as people. They invite people to coffee and to lunch. They get smaller groups together to hear what is on people's minds. I really feel that people have a voice here. The office environment is casual and open. Having free beer and wine isn't bad either. There are also lots of opportunities here. Sometimes they're obvious and sometime's they're not but I really do feel that if you want to do something, the company will figure out a way to support you.

Cons

Things move very quickly here. If you're a person who prefers a slower pace, then that is a con. But, if you're OK with it then it is really exciting. I think the only thing that bugs me is the hotelling concept of the office where you dont' have an assigned desk. The good news is that we are taking on more space so at least it is easy to find a seat.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing no matter what size the company gets. Keeping in touch with people is really important. Also, make sure you keep communicating plans, how we are doing, goals, etc.