Roche Bros. Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Roche Bros. Supermarkets

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview itself with Brian wasn't too bad. What really bores you and the test you have to do on the computer. Pretty much you have to know all types of different vegetables, fruits, legumes and so on. It's also really uncomfortable that the interview is held in the back office and corporate are dropping in and out. At one point, another manager came in to discuss an issue that happened to an employee the night before and I was asked to stay outside until they were done.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of how you handle a negative situation with a customer and turned it around into a positive...or something like that.   1 Answer

Front End Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets (Needham, MA).

Interview

The interview process was really simplistic. I went in with suit and tie and felt really overdressed. The process didn't take very long, about 30 minutes. My resume overqualified for their requirements, and the manager seemed to be impressed.

Catering Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downtown Crossing, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets (Downtown Crossing, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The assistant manager called me one day to schedule an interview, met her in the food court at Roche Bros for a pretty informal interview. Sat down and she went through a couple standard interview questions, more just checking that I'm a problem-solver and a "go-getter" than any real background or skill checking.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets (Boston, MA).

Interview

Pretty easy. Got the job on the spot. less than 10 minutes, I was hired. Went in and talked to a lady who was really nice and she looked over my online application with me right there and asked me a couple things about availability and where I can train because I attend college somewhere else. She offered it to me right away. took my SSC and mass ID and i was employed

Interview Questions

• Typical, "describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets (Westborough, MA).

Interview

I applied online for full time bakery, because I had experience in that department at other grocery store and stopped in the and asked to see the manager. I met with him and we had a brief interview. He looked at my application and saw I also had deli experience and offered me a part time job in the deli. I figured it was better than nothing so I took it.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in working in the Deli?   1 Answer

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets (Wellesley, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Incredibly long. My position was new. I was suppose to meet with so many upper management people though out my 3 month interview process. Which I didn't but waited around until one of them was able to finish the hiring process. 3 interviews 3 months.

Catering Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets.

Interview

They advertised for the position by hanging a flier on the entrance door. I called about it the next day and spoke with the Asst. Manager and he told me to fill out the application on-line. I got an email from him 3 days later about an interview. The interview was quick and painless. After that I needed to fill out more paperwork online and in the store, and pass a drug test. The entire process took around 2-3 weeks from filling out online application to start working.

Interview Questions

• If a customer has an issue, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • If a customer is staring at the floor, what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a phone call from store manager the next day. He told me to come in when I could for an interview. It was super simple. Just a few, easy, standard interview questions and then a run down of the job details. Started the hiring process and was on the schedule a short while later.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult, but certainly an interesting question: If you were walking through the store and you found $20 on the floor, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Service Clerk Interview

Interview

There really wasn't a formal interview. Just need to be friendly and be dedicated to the job. Manager and other employees were extremely nice and it seemed like a great company to work for. Was asked about my experience in customer service and my education background. It's not hard to get a job here.

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche Bros. Supermarkets (Needham, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

You would need to lack any sort of interviewing skills to not get hired here. They call you in and ask when you can work and maybe a question on what department you want. An absolute cakewalk pretty much anybody can get. After you go through various onboarding procedures and watch a few videos on Roche Bros. Training on the computer turns into training on the front end/your department.