Rochester Software Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rochester Software Associates Interview Questions

2.6

SummerJava Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rochester Software Associates.

Interview

Applied via career fair, had on site interview with HR and technical team. The interview was standard 45 mins each. HR interview was one-on-one while techinal interview was with team.

Software Development/Test Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rochester Software Associates (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through RIT's Job Zone. Then there was a sort of questionnaire, maybe about ten questions about interests and skill levels in multiple fields, which they asked and I responded to over email. Then an in person interview was scheduled and there were two parts to it. The office manager/HR person interviewed me with some general questions about work ethic, etc. Then there was more of a technical interview with 2 full time software engineers there and 2 interns.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked questions about my resume. Then some technical questions about threading in java, and some general questions about python.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Like many internship positions, there wasn't really much, or any in this case, ability to negotiate with the offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rochester Software Associates.

Interview

The interview was split up into two parts. The first part was with 5 software engineers. They were really nice guys and asked mostly about my past experiences and some simple object oriented questions. It wasn't too technical, but I'd assume if you don't have much experience it would get more technical. The second part was with HR and the behavioral questions were pretty straightforward and easy. All in all it lasted about 1 hour, maybe a little longer.

I would not recommend an internship with RSA unless you are inexperienced and looking for an easy internship. The pay is awful and you will be forced to make a decision far before you get a chance to receive any other potentially better offers (a sketchy tactic).

Interview Questions

Although it was an internship, the pay was horribly low to the point where I'd practically be working for free. They also rushed me to make a decision in 3 days without any chance for an extension.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rochester Software Associates.

Interview

Applied at career fair. Initial email was sent requesting logistical info like ability to travel downtown, salary expectations, knowledge of certain technologies. Had no telephonic round. Called directly onsite for hr and technical Interview one hour each. HR interview was standard hr fare. Pretty straight forward. Technical round was mostly Java interview questions because of the position. Static classes, final keyword, inheritance, abstract class vs interface, deep equivalence vs shell equivalence. Had a couple of code correction challenges related to synchronization. One relatively easy puzzle.

Interview Questions

• The puzzle question. Was a brain teaser but you can apply common sense and work it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate since it was a coop

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rochester Software Associates (Rochester, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted within a week after applying online. I was sent a list of questions ("describe a situation where you ...", etc) After a phone interview I was brought in for an in person interview with HR then I was given a written test of Unix questions and met with several technical managers, it took about 2 1/2 hours. The next week I was brought back for another 2 hour interview, with several more managers and some other Analysts. All the managers seemed to reasonable to work with and the Analysts seemed happy to be there. I thought it went well but I haven't heard from them since, and HR didn't return my call.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions, just many questions with many people.   Answer Question