Roland Berger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roland Berger Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

3.4

Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

I applied online at the company website. Two days after a telephone interview was scheduled and conducted same day with in person interview scheduled for a week later at the company's physical location.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us   Answer Question
    • How will your educational and professional experience help you with the position you applied for   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

First round over the phone - 45mins ; second round at their offices - roughly 4 hours. Received offer same day. Friendly and transparent communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical consulting questions. Why consulting? Why Roland Berger? Two structuring cases, one written case and a few behavioral interviews.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus, was invited to the interview two days before the interview. The interviewer was really nice and wanted the interviewee to feel comfortable. Started with the case (a lot of math) following by "walk me through your resume" and couple behavioral questions. Got the call from the interviewer the same evening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why Roland Berger?
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict in a group setting.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

After attending an on campus info session and submitting an online application I was contacted to set up an on campus interview. There was a reception the night before to get to meet the interviewers and then a 30 minute interview with a RB employee.

Interview Questions

• Case study that had a mix of qualitative and quantitative aspects. There were also a number of straightforward behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Interview

This was my 1st round for the interview. Took a little less than an hour total. The interviewer was a Roland Berger consultant. They asked some behavior questions such as how passionate you are about consulting and what is RB different from other consulting firms. After which we had a case study.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger in January 2016.

Interview

Fit and Case interview -- round 1, 5-15 min fit interview with 30-45 minute case interview
    Round 2 -- Fit, business knowledge and case presentation interview.
    Still have to go through the final round interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was ok, it started off a little bit awkward, but continued with some general "tell me about a time" questions. Then jumped into a case which was a pretty simple and straight-forward case. We only had 10 or 15 minutes to complete the case (4 parts...), so I didn't have time to finish it. I went through all of the correct steps, but feedback after the interview was that others were able to complete the case faster. So it seems like speed was extremely important for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you attend the company presentation? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Did my first round phone interview and was called to their Chicago office two weeks after that. Had a lof of scheduling issues of their part in both rounds.
    The consultants are pretty good and are motivated. I was interviewed by Partners and Principals who were friendly and made me confortable during the interview.
    For the final round, they have 3 parts as described on their website. But, in their Case presentation part of the interview, I could not find any helpful resource or information anywhere online or through the HR. That is the part where I struggled. The business knowledge part is straightforward. Its a pseudo case where they want to judge your business acumen and the ability to hold an intelligent conversation. The topic can be anything thats related to current affairs.

Interview Questions

• Why Roland Berger?
      Case Presentation involved deep financial analysis which caught me off gaurd.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

Round 1 was a Quantitative/IQ Test. Not enough time to finish and no way of knowing how much time I had left (no phones permitted or clocks visible in the room). Round 2 was an interview with a senior consultant. He was smart, serious and aloof. Slightly intimidating, but that's management consulting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

not hard,several little case questions, the employer asked me about my former internship experience in other consulting companies, and was quite interested in why would I want the summer internship position instead of other companies.

Interview Questions

• estimate how many customers there are in Starbucks in a Monday morning   Answer Question