Royal Mail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Mail Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.4

Postman With Driving Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

Applied online and got an email which involved completed online test. Got invited for an interview which last an hour with two gentlemen. Very relaxed and job offered a post but could not accept at that time. Will try again soon

Warehouse Worker Interview

Interview

Very easy. Simple questions. No need for nerves. Have all your paperwork and show you have a decent work ethic for nights and day shifts. Show you can hit targets so you are able to work in a warehouse target based environment.

Postman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Simple 1 on 1 interview at Glasgow Mail Centre with a manager who seemed like he had better things to do. Interview consisted of a few competency based questions. Really straight forward, simple and easy interview that I do not envisage many people failing.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

Applied online , personality test and timed (numerical) test , you have 24 hours to complete it , loads of information and a test run to get use to it , the timed test is fast and challenging , I enjoyed the process so far .

Postman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockport, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Stockport, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

online test two parts. second part of test is checking numbers and they get longer at the end. The interview had 6 questions and also doing the checks on you.

Interview Questions

• About 6 question. Mainly on teamwork and service. Give good examples from other jobs. Saftey check list for the vans.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly informal and not particularly stressful as interviews go. Just one person interviewing. It took about 1hr and the questions where straight forward. Not entirely sure the interviewer wrote down a great deal as I was answering. Still waiting to hear regarding outcome. I was told it will take a while.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you've shown resilience.
      Explain how you react to change at work.
      Why do you want to work for Royal Mail?
      Describe a new process you came up with to improve work efficiency.
      What can you do to show you are health and safety conscious?
      What checks do you carry out on the vehicle?
      Talk about a time when you were under pressure and what steps you took overcome this.
      Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. What did you do and what was the outcome?
      Have you been in a situation where you had a set back and how did you deal with it?
      Can you describe a time where you worked as part of a team?
      Are you able to work on Saturdays?
      Can you work overtime?   Answer Question

Driving/Delivery Postwoman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first half of the interview was the manager checking through my i.d/paperwork and the second half was the actual interview. The first set of interview questions are competency based and the second half are questions relating to Royal Mail.

Interview Questions

• Can I name a time where I saw a health and safety breach at work; Give an example where I have implemented change to improve efficiency in a job; Give an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. There were about 6 competency based questions and then the Royal Mail related ones such as: What checks would you make on your work vehicle before taking it out every day? Gave list of answers such as tires, oil, water, seatbelts, brakes, windscreen wipers, etc.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

Very relaxed interview, probably the most relaxed I've ever been, asked a few general questions about why I wanted to work for Royal mail, safety checks, and previous customer service questions. All in all very calm, relaxed and only took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Postman/Woman Driver and Delivery Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barnstaple, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Barnstaple, England (UK)).

Interview

Lovely interview with just the manager. Did all the paperwork first and then he read out a set of std questions. .(haven't quoted the questions exactly but there were roughly the same as what everyone else posted on here). I passed interview but didn't get role ..now on waiting list.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Royal Mail as a postwoman?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent team activity at work.   Answer Question
    • Asked about what safety measures I would expect to see or be aware of in work place.   Answer Question
    • Asked me what checks I'd do to the car before leaving on a round.   Answer Question

Postman/Woman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cannock, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Cannock, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of three main parts the first being checking of documents. When invited for interview you are sent information of documents required both originals and copies, make sure you take along the originals .
    The first set of questions are example based based questions - about 6 of these.
    Then following a brief description of the job role and how it works about 3 questions relating to work competency.
    Finally you get the opportunity to ask questions and as you leave you will be asked to read out the registration of a vehicle in the car park.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have worked in a team, what was your role and the outcome   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a difficult customer, what was the problem, how did you react and handle it, what were your actions and the outcome and how did you feel.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with change; give an example when you have been asked to change what you are doing at short notice and how you went about this   Answer Question
    • Health and Safety is everyone's responsibility in the workplace, what things would you consider in reviewing this in your workplace and what actions would you take?   1 Answer
    • What checks would you conduct on a vehicle before taking it out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider your home life and if this fits in with you - requirement to work most Saturdays, you won't know until the start of the week what your duties are likely to be the next week and so what day you will have off, so not great if you need to consider long-term childcare provision. There is also the expectation that if you haven't finished you round in the duty time, you will stay on and finish it on overtime, however long it takes -so if you need to finish on time, you need to consider this.