Royal Mail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Mail Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.3

Postman/Woman With Driving Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

applied online, then did a test online that involved some personalities questions and matching and spotting errors on strings of different information.. then got an email saying I was invited to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• explain where you saw a breach of health and safety at work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Postman With Driving Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

Applied online and got an email which involved completed online test. Got invited for an interview which last an hour with two gentlemen. Very relaxed and job offered a post but could not accept at that time. Will try again soon

Enquiry Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application through the company website. And recieved email shortly after initial screeening.
    After passing online test received email for interview.Interview was easy just be yourself. Vetting process took bit long as they check 5 yr history.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you have given excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Postman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

The hiring process involves online forms and online test on RM website. If successful, you will be contacted via email and invited to an interview.

When I arrived for the interview, they started by checking my documents and I.D. The interview format was 1 to 1 and very casual. The lady was very pleasant and we worked through a big booklet of interview questions. She said that she would then send the booklet to HR who would score my answers and make their decision based on how many points I got, as well as conduct security checks. I'm currently awaiting their decision which she said would take 2-3 weeks.

Lastly, if you are a glasses wearer, I advise that you bring your glasses as you will be required to read car registration plates to test your vision after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as a team to achieve a goal   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you were faced with a stressful situation and state how you handled it   Answer Question
    • How have you previously dealt with aggressive/rude customers?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to adapt to a major change in the work place? How did you manage to adapt?   Answer Question

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altrincham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Altrincham, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

As with previous comments - applied online and had to do a couple of online tests. Invited for interview fairly quickly.
    The interview was quite rushed with the manager appearing to be quickly repeating himself from the previous interview! Got the impression that he had better things to do! He didn't really ask anything about me or my previous employment and I felt like I didn't really get a chance to sell myself! It was over in approx. 30 minutes.
    Email received after 7 days to say was not successful but that I had passed the interview and my name would be added to a waiting list for 3 months. If I applied for another job, I would but have to re do the online tests.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 areas where Health & Safety can be an issue (or something like that!)   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

No actual interview questions were asked. It was just a formality where you choose the appropriate shifts you are able to work. Then just going through all the paperwork in order to be eligible to work there. Many people in the same room being interviewed at the same time.

Postman/Woman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Situational Questions, Basic Health and Safety. Previous work experience and how this experience could be applied to the position you are applying for. Relaxed and fairly informal, allowed to laugh.

Interview Questions

• What Health and Safety issues should you be aware of?   1 Answer

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hove, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Hove, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

In person quick interview, half review of documents and half interview questions. Only looking for one example as an answer for each question, not necessary to prepare multiple responses. Overall a very relaxed and quick interview, definitely not looking to 'catch you out' with any of the questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

if you are looking for a job and a basic salary this is your choice i applied online and it was easy they called me to an interview and i went

Interview Questions

• it was a relative basic interview where you are asked to complete some normal questions and depending if you like the job or not you will stay or not   1 Answer

Post Man/Woman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Solihull, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, Had to complete a test online which included a series of different number sequences which you had to compare from left to right and choose if they were the same or not. you have 30 seconds to complete each section. If you pass this section and are shortlisted you are invited to a 1 to 1 interview, which takes approx 1 hour

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Royal Mail and what do you know about the company   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team to achieve something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to take a different approach to complete a task   Answer Question