Royal Mail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2018

2.3

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

informal interview with hiring manager and then online tests required in your own time. This was then followed by a formal interview which was based on standard comptency based questions - 5 questions plus time for own questions

Interview Questions

• Standard competency based questions generated based on tests   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in July 2008.

Interview

2 interviews, first with two people who then left, one with C-level exec.

Interview Questions

• If I cut you open, what 3 words would you bleed?   1 Answer
    • What was the happiest time of your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail in March 2015.

Interview

What an absolute joke. After being emailed the interview time, date and location I showed up as prepared as ever. Only to discover that there was no one expecting me. So I called the recruitment consultant at Royal Mail and they said they were expecting me at 12:30pm rather than the 3pm I had been given in an email confirmation. They then tried to make out it was my fault! I guess I dodged a bullet, if they can't even organise an interview properly imagine what else they stuff up.

Would you work for a company that doesn't take accountability for their mistakes?

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I initially applied to this role through an online form. The whole process took about six weeks in total to complete. The online form submitted was quite detailed and longer than average, including competency-based questions to provide answers for. Despite it's length the system was relatively straight forward to follow with no surprises along the way.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Was initially contacted via Linkedin , the 2 round telephone interview and then a face to face
    The process is quite straight forward but decision making takes a long time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult all competency based questions really   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate hard and you will probably get it as this is your opportunity and once you are in you don;t get any real increment anyway

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

2 interviewers, it would seem they were playing good cop bad cop - asked me to say what I would do if I got the job, every time I suggested something, I was told how that wouldn't work there because the Royal Mail was different to anything I would have ever experienced before. I thought it was a pointless hour of my life. I felt that they had already made up their mind and I was part of a box ticking exercise.

Interview Questions

• What changes would you make to Royal Mail procurement function?   1 Answer

Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Was very fast and good, did not have to wait very long for the interview. They called me within two days and informed me I was selected and had to join within 15 days at Manchester.

Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Assessment centre with 2interviews based on leadership questions . Presentation on material given and role play . 2 One hour interviews skills test and verbal written work. Expect to supply right to work documents photo Passport bank details and general work life history for past five years

Logistics Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Coventry, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later there was a call to confirm interview and then an email with presentation topic. It was 2 day process - dinner with other interviewees and HR manager but no interviewers. The next day was an assessment centre - Group Exercise, Presentation and Individual interview

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Mail in November 2009.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 mins and was quite intense. Asked lots of compentancy based questions such as can you tell me when you have been part of a team. Can you tell me why you have chosen this particular programme. Can you tell me of any past leadership roles. Can you tell me about a time when you have had to meet a strict deadline. Can you tell me about past experience which relates to the role you have applied for. They lady who interviewed me was very pleasent. Be prepared for quite alot of silences on the phone - I know they can be a little unnerving, but they are typing in all the information which you are giving them. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen this particular programme?   1 Answer