Ruby Tuesday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ruby Tuesday Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.8

Grill Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview

Nothing major just answered basic questions. They sat you down and asked why do I want to work there and so forth and then proceeded to ask why I think I would be great for the job

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online for cook position, and received a call back 30 days later. Went in for interview two days after the call and the interviewer was very friendly. Asked about prior experiences, hobbies, and about teamwork. Was told about how the back is to work in, and the positions that were available and how they worked. Was told to come in a few days later for a walkthrough the back, and what I feel comfortable working at. After telling him where I feel comfortable at he hired for that spot, and wanted me to come in for orientation the next day. All in all was a pleasant experience, and the pay is way better than working at McDonald's.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate what position in back I would like.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. Interview was super casual. The manager asked me to tell him about myself and asked why I wanted to leave my current job. I was then asked a couple questions about my availability. I was told that I had the job and that he wanted me to come back later that day to meet with someone else and figure out if I would be hosting or serving.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topsham, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Topsham, ME) in January 2017.

Interview

It was actually one of my easiest interviews I've ever done! It was not like your typical interview. It's super laid back and more like a get to know you conversation than an interview. Some of the questions seemed really random (one was "What's your favorite band?" Lol) but the manager was super friendly and hired me on the spot!

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

applied on a Sunday. got called in for an interview on Thursday and got hired on the spot. I received a phone call and they asked me when I was available for an interview. I wore a casual outfit and waited 30 for the manager to come out of the meeting sat down and was given water and then the interview started shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• questions were very simple and weren't work related. basically just trying to get to know you as a person. easy stuff like what are you going to school for have you worked in a restaurant before etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Easy short. He asked all the right questions. And continued to describe all aspects of the job. Very professional. I was offered a drink. I was met within minutes. Everything was very clean and everyone was very nice

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this specific situation. Do you work well with others.   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Myrtle Beach, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

easy and quick interview. first with an initial call to set up a front end manager interview. If the front end manager approves then a foolow up interview with the general manager is scheduled. they will basically hiring any warm body looking to get into the restaurant industry. very friendly management. Easy to talk to and get the job

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powell, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Powell, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Very short in person interview, asked about transportation, availability, and experience. One on one interview with the manager. Wasn't very thorough. don't think they even checked references. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about previous cook experience and work history. why I left previous work   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview

Very casual, the manager interviewed me in the restaurant during business hours. Before my interview I was offered a complimentary drink and greeted by people who currently worked in the restaurant. The actual interview process was relatively quick, sweet and simple. A few questions about my current jobs and any relevant experience I had (I didn't have any). Discussed training and movement into other positions, if desired.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in September 2016.

Interview

They were very friendly and easy to talk to. They had good eye contact and made me feel very welcomed.I hope I get a call back on Monday/Tuesday. It was a calm experience.

Interview Questions

• What things are you proud of?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 1-2 years?   1 Answer