Rural/Metro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rural/Metro Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (Milpitas, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was asked simple EMT scenario questions and what were my future plan. Then I was given the job on the spot. Afterward, I was given a tour of the facility. With the job I signed up for the Academy, a week-long intensive EMT review course that applicants must take.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing after you become a EMT?   Answer Question

EMT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview went well. Know your patient assessment. Majority of questions are EMT scenarios.
    Interview was today so not sure if I got the job or not. Definitely a positive experience for my first EMT interview.
    Interview consisted of a Field Supervisor and HR Representative. Not intimidating like some interviews I've had in the past for other positions elsewhere. Just be prepared and CONFIDENT and it'll flow smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Describe what customer service means to you?   Answer Question
    • You respond to a SNF and there is no one around and patient is unresponsive, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • What would you say are the 3 best qualities of an EMT?   Answer Question
    • You respond to a call for an 18-year old male who threatened to commit suicide but no denies any suicidal thoughts and doesn't want to go to the hospital, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • If we were to speak to your last employer, what would he/she say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was great. I interviewed with Chris Candie. He was very informative and thorough about their company and what they represent. He really tested my knowledge to make sure I was a good candidate. I was informed that I would be moving forward in their hiring process at the end of the interview

Interview Questions

• How would you treat a patient in respiratory distress.   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (Glendale, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was straight forward. the interview consisted of two employee panel.
    And at end of interview they had me sit as a ''ride along'' with a working dispatcher.
    I had felt that I did well, and the dispatcher I rode with said I would be great. I felt like I had the job.

Interview Questions

• , tell us about yourself, where do you plan to be in 2 years, describe a situation where you and a coworker disagreed, describe a situation where you and a supervisor disagreed.   Answer Question

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was simple. You apply online. If you're lucky enough to have a referral your resume has higher priority. After a couple weeks, you'll receive a call to schedule an interview.

The interview was simple. Three person interview panel. They ask you personal and protocol/situational questions. Know your protocols, be respectful, and know yourself.

After the interview you should hear from HR within a week or so. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe what customer service means to you?   1 Answer

EMT-B Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rural/Metro.

Interview

Applied for an Emt position by filling out a paper application. I was called for a formal interview a few days after submitting and offered the job after the background and driving record came back clean.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on a deserted island what is one thing you would bring?   1 Answer

EMT-Basic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (Mesa, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Typical interview- meet one-on-one with a supervisor and answer questions. My interviewer was very nice and let me have a minute to think about my answers without rushing me. The only downside is that the interviewer isn't an HR person, so they can't answer questions about salary or hours. Also, he didn't know when HR would be getting back to me. He suggested waiting around 10 days before expecting a callback. I wish their process was faster, that's a long time to wait for a call.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when a supervisor or manager asked you to do something you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Post Biller/Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

The basic experience questions, knowledge of insurance questions, Compliance laws regarding patient privacy laws, claims processing procedures, some cpt and dx coding questions, claims appeals examples, knowledge on how to fill out 1500 billing forms, and company policy review.

Interview Questions

• How many years of medical claims processing and collections did I have?   1 Answer

EMT-Basic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I recived an interview request by email 10 days after I applied. The interview was very basic, I answered all questions with ease. This was my first emt job so I was extremely anxious during the skills test, I did so bad but they still invited me for orientation. The HR coordinator was so nice and down to earth, I'm in love with this company.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rural/Metro (Milpitas, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview for EMT-B position done by a supervisor, mainly asked questions based on personal morals and characteristics, about 5 questions that were scenario-based on how to handle and treat patients in unexpected situations. Key point here is just to remember that as an EMT-B, the most we can really do under our scope of practice is give supplemental oxygen and perform primary and secondary assessments. Overall it was an easy process. Got the job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you had a conflict with a fellow employee and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question