Russell Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Russell Cellular

2.1

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battlefield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Battlefield, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

I did a short email interview where they asked a few general questions about schedule and transportation and salary. Then I had three separate in-person interview sessions, each with a different person in the Accounts Receivable department.

Interview Questions

• Pet Peeves, Strength, Weakness, Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Springfield, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview seem to go well; so I thought......but, evidently it didn't go as well as I thought. The hiring manager and I had many aspects in common and the interview seemed light hearted. I was very specific on the expectation I hold in regard as important.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

After I had worked for Russell Cellular for 2 years, I decided to apply for an Asst Mngr position. Training for this position was at another store so I was transferred after about a 30 day wait. I was told once the current assistant manager got assigned to manage his own store I would take his place. SEVEN months later he was finally promoted to his manager position.

It was at this time that I started getting the "run around" from my District Managet. He told me I needed to interview again for the position to "see if I was still a good fit." So I did. Two weeks later his sister moves back into town from out of state and promptly gets the assistant manager position. Once rumors of nepotism spread she was promoted to a manager position out of my DMs district quicker than I could really do anything about it.

When I confronted on my district manager about it he gave me some blanket statement about how I wasn't "proving myself" to him. He told me I would be interviewed again for the position. That's when I found out he was interviewing everyone in the entire store for the position- even those who flat out told him they didn't want it. At that point I asked to be transferred back to my original store after almost 9 months of getting the run around.

Now I consider it a blessing in disguise because no more than 2 months after I left, every.single.person in that store got demoted for poor sales numbers. My District Manager became store manager, my store manager became an assistant manager and the assistant manager got demoted back to a sales rep. I couldn't make this stuff up. This company is atrocious to work for. They absolutely do not value their employees. They provide absolutely no advancement and run shady business practices all the way around. Please please run as far as you can from these people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you deserve a promotion at this point in your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Marietta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

It lasted probably one minute. He looked over my resume and said "The Job is yours if you want it." and then proceeded to hand me paperwork. After that, I got a call about 30 minutes later to submit my background check

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Dayton, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Talked mostly on the phone face to face interview was quick the person that interviewed me ran late so I sat and talked to the person that was working the counter he was nice but bad mouthed the place before I even did the interview

Interview Questions

• Do you haves sales experience   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Russell Cellular in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in the morning and got a call by 4pm. Was told about the job and expectations. Job was not for location listed. It was for a location 45 minutes away from the listed location. Pay offer was way below industry average. Corporate store managers make 3x's more what they were offering.

Anonymous Employee in Milton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Milton, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

applied and 4 days later got a call for last minute interview did background check same day and 6 days later got offer. interview was very easy and got along with DM and RM from the start allowing me to breeze through the interview and talk about my history

Anonymous Employee in Springhill, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Springhill, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Great, it lasted about 30 mins. Several questions was asked. Great personality. Never advised me of the full job duties. Which include all manager duties, and being a sales representative. Limited off days .

Interview Questions

• How many people have you managed at 1 time   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Birmingham, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

First I had an email questionnaire, followed by a brief phone interview, then an in person interview. It was a very easy process and they are fast with getting in touch with you and keeping you updated throughout the entire interview process. Only down side is the pay is low but you are able to earn commission based on sales. They do offer benefits so that is a plus Also the schedule would have been 2 days off then 1 day off a week rotating weeks.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Russell Cellular (Rome, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Great. It was easy, friendly and a learning experience. I would recommend to others. Very sales oriented and professional. I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys sales. Thank you