Russell Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.5

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Begins with a phone screen or two with junior members of the team, then Skype/phone/FaceTime with more senior folks, and then in person interviews with the most senior folks. It's a very collaborative process - lots of different stakeholders weigh in and participate in the final vote. No case studies or other types of skills testing. All standard behavioral questions. Personality quiz is relied on a decent amount.

Interview Questions

• How do manage the demands of multiple competing stakeholders?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds.

Interview

I really wanted to like Russell Reynolds, but it was a big turnoff when after a series of interviews they then ask me to take a psychological exam. The test was the Caliper test which is a 50+ year old exam that is basically one of those "let's see if you fit into our little box" sorts of tests.

C'mon guys! This is the 21st century!! The first company I ever worked had a similar exam about 20 years ago before they ditched it based on losing some great candidates to a canned exam. Reminds me of firms that still push you to go to a Dale Carnegie course for public speaking skills...so outdated and so useless.

Personally, I have ZERO interest in working for a company that wants to pigeonhole me and stifle any sort of creativity. So much for diversification or trying to find people that know how to break the mold and think differently.

It goes without saying, but I decided to take a pass!

Interview Questions

• A few questions around transitioning from one recruiting firm to another.   Answer Question

See above, but testing candidates who have years of experience via a personality test was indicative of a stodgy organization. I was looking for a more progressive firm.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

A Caliper test was needed prior to the face to face interview. If you pass that, you'll interview with a variety of people of varying degrees of seniority and from different industries. The overall goal is to gain a consensus on your fit within the organization. Everyone is extremely professional and exceptionally polite during the process. A great organization.

Interview Questions

• They want you to ask a lot of questions. This shows interest and capacity to be a forward thinker.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I came in an met with the office manager. She was an absolute delight! I was brought back the next week to interview with the person I would be assisting. It was very straightforward and they were great on communication.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with high level associates, like CEOs, etc?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was referred and after speaking with the woman who was hiring I was asked to go over my resume and to explain my interest in the company. Overall pleasant experience. Nothing technical involved. Learned more about what the position entailed.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

After an initial interview, all candidates go thru a psychological test that is done online. After this stage, more interviews. I actually heard of people that did almost 20 interviews

Interview Questions

• Interviews are really strange. The people from the Palo Alto office aren't nice to you, and they try to tell you ALL the time that working there is hard   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

2 employees came in first, very nice and no hard questions. Asked for a sense of my experience and daily routine in college. Very personable employees, lasted for 30 mins.
    2 different employees came in and repeated the same process. These two were both really nice and fu, asked a little more difficult questions relating to hardship/ problem solving in academic group settings.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

a few phone interviews, just want to get to know you. just be yourself and speak to your experiences and everything should be fine. they pick the best compatible match who is also hardworking and adaptable. there was also a final Skype interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (Boston, MA).

Interview

Long, 10+ meetings. Everyone and their mother had to have an opinion about the process and it took forever. They went from offering to not offering to offering again. I saw the emails that flew around during my interview process and some of the comments were absolutely savage.

Russell Reynolds Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screen and then six in person interviews and four additional phone/video interviews. There was an extensive reference check as well. Very thorough process, probably a bit too much.