Russell Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Russell Reynolds Interview Questions

Interviews at Russell Reynolds

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

A Caliper test was needed prior to the face to face interview. If you pass that, you'll interview with a variety of people of varying degrees of seniority and from different industries. The overall goal is to gain a consensus on your fit within the organization. Everyone is extremely professional and exceptionally polite during the process. A great organization.

Interview Questions

• They want you to ask a lot of questions. This shows interest and capacity to be a forward thinker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Several rounds of in person, phone and video interviews. Met with those would I would be working with directly as well as other leaders in the group for them to gauge my personality and fit. Several key personel were not available on interview days requiring frequent make up stops and so on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to to work here? Tell me how you would resolve X situation   Answer Question

Legnthy process showed a number of organizational challenges that plauge the firm. Frim has a difficult time working "as one". Went into many interviews where the staff did not know who I was, why they were speaking to me, or what position I was applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens, personality assessment, and two onsite. Would highly recommend NOT interviewing with this company. They had scheduled my onsite during a snowstorm so I needed to push the time back in order to travel from an outer borough into Manhattan. They were flexible in pushing the time back and I interviewed with two associates. Then I sat in a room for TWO AND A HALF hours alone waiting for the Managing Director. Not told to try again another day or that given the storm and difficult schedules to try for another day. When the MD finally showed up, she was late and hungry with a salad (as if I wasn't from sitting there all morning), spent less than 15 minutes chatting and was clearly frazzled from whatever client emergency happened that morning and left. The interview didn't feel remotely holistic and she barely asked any questions about my background, my thoughts on work, etc to make an evaluation one way or another. On top of that, it took over 1 month for them to get back with a final decision despite my weekly followups. The followup was an insincere email despite the 4-5 interviews (two onsites) and personality/IQ assessment I spent 1-2 hours conducting.

Complete and utter waste of time. If I wasn't competent, you think that they would have determined that earlier or would have at least signed off by phone given the effort.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (New York, NY).

Interview

very friendly interviews with HR firstly on the phone and the in person and Knowledge Management. Mostly questions about myself and University and previous internships. Got feedback really quickly and then second round interviews with consultants and head of research. good and friendly atmosphere. and again really good and quick feedback on the interviews. they talked a lot about what the intership would be like and what would be the main tasks and responsibilities and additional opportunities in the company after the internship as a knowledge analyst.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds in January 2019.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back within a day. We scheduled a fifteen-minute phone chat, which didn't involve anything technical. She just asked me to tell her about myself, elaborate on specific experiences, and about why I was interested in Russell Reynolds. She then explained the process moving forward, and said I would hear back within two-three weeks ifI had made the next round. Got an email a few weeks later saying I hadn't advanced.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1st - Phone screening, one team member just to discuss background experience and the role of application
    2nd - Video conference with multiple team members to talk to higher management, explain the role more in depth and analyze communication skills
    3rd - On site visit, meet with same team potentially another higher management, demonstrate ability/knowledge of the role and discuss daily requirements

Interview Questions

• Describe your personality as it would benefit/relate the company culture? How would your skills allow you to excel in this office? How would you improve what you think are you so called weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds in December 2018.

Interview

1) Thirty minute phone call with one associate to discuss the role and my background
    2) One hour long Skype interview with four associates to talk about my background and role in more depth
    3) 30 minute phone call with a consultant

Intern Interview

Interview

Brief first round interview via phone with recruiter. they will follow up about second round interview several months later- this is in person or via skype. Recruit intern from across country

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds in November 2013.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter who went to the same college as me and sent her my application materials (resume, cover letter) directly. We had an initial 20 minute phone conversation. Then, she set up a 2 hour Skype interview where I spoke with 4 other employees in 1 hour blocks (two at a time). I took the initiative to meet them at their offices in New York City a few weeks later when I was visiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked on a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Reynolds (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

College connection. Brief phone call that was very casual and mostly telling me about the program. Guy was very friendly and informative. No difficult or technical questions. Ended up being a few days late as all the offers were given out the next couple days before my next call.