SCAN Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SCAN Health Plan Interview Questions

2.7

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with director and department supervisors. The interview was pretty informal, short and sweet stress level wasn't bad. Typical questions nothing out of left field. Atmosphere was casual everyone was super friendly ultimately the experience was good.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasts two weeks. I was referred by a former employee and got contacted by HR very soon to schedule an on-site interview. I met HR and 6 people on the team and additional 2 people called in in the meeting. The interview was basically about my skill set and my previous experience in data analysis. They were very nice to me, didn't ask any tough question. I received the offer in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• -What databases did you get hands on?
      -What is your strengths?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later to schedule a brief phone screening concerning my skills and experience. After the screening, I was scheduled to a meeting with the director of the department. The interview with the director was very pleasant. She explained to me more about the role and asked me how I would approach different analytical situations.

After that, I was asked to complete an online assessment so they could measure my technical skills (SQL and VBA). Then, I was scheduled to meet the programmer in the department. He told me more details about the position and the technical requirements. I wasn't really asked any technical questions.

After two weeks when I didn't hear back, I inquired about the position, but I didn't get a response. I really liked the vibe from Scan, so I'm hoping they'll at least let me know if someone else got hired. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I have only completed the telephone interview so far. My interviewer, Samantha Yi, was excellent. She asked comprehensive questions and was able to elicit detailed answers from me. The interview was pretty painless. Ms. Yi was gracious and friendly and my impression of SCAN was greatly enhanced by this process. I am hoping and looking forward to the next step of the process which would be an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was what I considered to be my strong suit.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview, had the phone interview the next day. Scheduled to meet in person the next week and received a call to schedule a round of interviews with hiring manager and potential co-worker the following week. Completed all 5 interviews and one month later, have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Great phone interview, answered background questions and asked more detailed questions on the position. In person interview was comfortable and relaxed, very conversational. Round robin interviews were more formal - each person doing the interview had specific questions to ask and jot down notes on. When I asked questions on the detail of the job, I received different answers from each person. Each of the 3 doing the formal interview asked how many times I met with my previous boss and with my department.   Answer Question

SQL/BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process included a short phone interview then the onsite. Had interview with the hiring manager, dba and architec guys together. Mainly focused on my previous experince and some technical question also asked to build a SSIS package based on their scenario. It was not too hard and people are nice there.

Interview Questions

• How to remove duplicate records   2 Answers

Manager Training and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email from Scan's internal recruiter asking me to contact her to schedule a phone interview which I did. The phone interview happened within the week and went very well.

As I am located in NorCal and the position was in SoCal I called the recruiter during a trip to SoCal. The recruiter invited me in the next day for an in-person interview. From my perspective the interview went very well. The recruiter shared who would be the next person I would meet with and told me she would get back to me within a couple of weeks.

I sent the standard thank you email and followed up one week later expanding on a questions that was asked and reiterating my enthusiasm for the position. I did not hear back for about 3 weeks. The response I got was that I was not selected to go further in the interview process.

I kindly replied to the email thanking Scan for their consideration and requesting a short meeting with the recruiter for her advise on how I could strengthen my resume and/or interview skills for similar positions. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• I see you have developed technical training, how does that translate to human resource classes like communication or leadership skills.   2 Answers

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview process is standard. HR outreach through phone, then hiring manager, then team and then upper management interviews. Very fair questions. Hiring boss wanted to understand personalities and capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were unable to fulfill a request.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan (Long Beach, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted by SCAN's contracted recruiter, MedCentric. After I called SCAN to confirm that this company was in fact working on their behalf, I reluctantly completed ANOTHER online application that requested my social security No. and Cal ID.

Interview was on a Saturday and judging by the roster, they were organized and ready to do multiple interviews. In fact, my interviewer walked an applicant out and came to get me. Just an assembly. Bam, bam.

Nothing special about the interview. She was going through the motions, and so was I.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions? (x3)   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer where the outcome went well. Describe the situation where it did not go well.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCAN Health Plan in July 2011.

Interview

Process was easy and seam list.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work overtime with no notice?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked several questions concerning working flexiable hours with needing no time off in the future months.