SCIEX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SCIEX

2.9

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Redwood City, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Telephone interviews help accelerate the process with the hiring managers and also enable one to meet with hiring managers across diverse functions e.g. engineering, professional services, HR. Personality quiz was illuminating and fun - - you learn more about yourself and how you are perceived. You also hone in on your priorities e.g. career acceleration (manager, promotions etc.) or team colleague (taking on more interesting projects, focused more on product improvement vs. managing others).

Interviews were in-depth but not exhaustive e.g. great dialogues with hiring managers to learn their priorities and how you could make an immediate impact and what strategies would work well for them. Additionally, you learn their style e.g. F2F, email, phone. You also glean deeper insights into the company culture and if it's aligned with your values.

The onsite interviews allow you to see how spectacular the office space is, sense the company energy and imagine how you'd fit and witness how others interact.

Interview Questions

• If you assumed this role, how could we help you be successful?   1 Answer
    • How would you initiate your lead, manage the recruitment effort?   1 Answer
    • What are some sources for identifying/building a talent pool?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with remote teams?   1 Answer
    • What levels of roles have you staffed?   1 Answer

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SCIEX (New York, NY).

Interview

Long , intense but at the same time it was very friendly interview . We spoke mostly what they are looking for in a candidate for this role and what challenges they have right now.

Interview Questions

• How your skills would contribute to Sciex success.   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2018.

Interview

Brief screening with HR then 1 week later 1 hour phone interview with hiring manager (district manager). 5 additional phone interviews with "team" which was extremely unorganized and informal at times. Entire process took over 1 month and they didn't even give a chance to get to know me or my in depth knowledge. Their loss on a great employee.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process wasn't to difficult and was very relaxed. The manager and I met and had great conversation all while getting a feel for the company and it's goals. From the start I could tell it was a company that cared for it's employees greatly.

Interview Questions

• What kind of cleaning have you done during the daily maintenance?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SCIEX in March 2014.

Interview

Took a while starting from phone interviews, personal interview, HR phone interview, computer based personality test, another phone interview - total process took ~6 months but was in between delayed becaused of unexpected circumstances. Probably usually it would have been done in 3-4 months.

The computer based personality test was a classical psychological thing - relationship towards risks, how do you treat people, etc. The personal as well as the phone interview with the GM's were very informal, the phone interview with HR more a formal one.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Interestingly the interview transformed into some form of coaching discussion for a reason I learned later. Therefore the interview was probably a bit atypical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Partial home office work due to long commuting distance so that I am not bound to travel on Sunday eve or Friday aft.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Foster City, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter to set up phone interviews.
    First interview was a screening interview with HR.
    Second was a lengthy phone call with the hiring manager. (Alarm bells went of at the time due to lack of willingness to answer questions)
    Had three subsequent interviews with technical experts 3 or 4 weeks later.
    Was asked to provide reference, complete and online personality test and online interview (6 hours)
    AB Sciex contacted all referenced before offering a position. This caused management at my current employer to become aware that I was looking for another position and I was later terminated. Checking of references should only be done when an employer is ready to offer employment and an prospective employee ready to accept)
    Was contacted to have face to face interviews at their facility. Was not provided hotel information and interview was set up for only two hours after a 7 hour trip. Was expected to present for one hour and have panel interview. No provision was made for a facilities tour or other means by which to judge work environment.
    Based on feedback from people knowledgable about the company I declined to proceed further. I understand the remaining candidate also declined.

I was very put off by the hubrus of the hiring manager, the apparent lack of structure in the company and the fact that they checked references before finishing the interview process. The checking of un-authorized references caused my present employer to learn of my job search.
    The company would not allow me to sufficient ability to assess them as a new employer. (Interviews are a two way street)
    Feedback on the company from current employees was very poor.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

It took them forever to process the reimbursement. I interviewed there in March and now it is the end of May, and I haven’t heard anything from them regarding my reimbursement. Very disappointing!

Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Framingham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Introduced personal background and shared thoughts on the platform Sciex provided for potential customers. Got information on the role, company's plan and talk to other senior employees about the job role. Shared with my personal information on the particular fields that could improve the overall platform

Senior Specialist, Demo Lab Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCIEX (Framingham, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

There were 1-on-1 interviews with the hiring manager, demo chemists, followed by a seminar that I had to present that was broadcasted by Skype for West Coast colleagues. Interviewers were fairly laid back, positive and welcoming. No one was confrontational.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to leave Company X to join the Demo Lab?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX in March 2018.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a recruiting agency to start the process. During the call, the recruiter asked several questions relating to my background and experience. I also had the opportunity to ask some questions about the company. Overall, it was a good experience, even though I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me some more about your current work experience?   Answer Question