SEGA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SEGA (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with manager, one other team member and a member of the production team. Very friendly conversations about my experience and where I was looking for my career to grow. Wanted to make sure I wasn't just there to skate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about which hardware you think testing should be focused on?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEGA (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It went pretty smoothly as most interviews typically. phone screen then in person interview. Questions involved experience within the job and industry. In person consisted of about 5 person 1 on 1 interviews.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SEGA (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the HR representative, then first round interview with HR Director and a second round interview with HR Director and HR Manager. All communication was seamless, the salary negotiation at the end was really amicable and handled well, and overall I thought it was really smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience and how that's relevant for this role   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very open and transparent, no hard ball.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SEGA (Brentford, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an interview day in which around 4 of us were asked in. We had a few written tests followed by a short interview. Unfortunately, whilst I was offered the position back in February, SEGA have yet to get back to me regarding a start date. They do not return my calls, emails or voicemails. I have essentially begged them to call me even just to say "Sorry we no longer want you for this position" but I have received no correspondence. I would not recommend you even bother applying for a position here, especially not a low level one like QA

Interview Questions

• What sort of game do you not like to play? Followed by what if we were out you working one of those types of games?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEGA (Tokyo (Japan)) in March 2013.

Interview

started with one on one interview with the manager. Had to take IQ exam on different date. Had one last interview with management people, which was more of a ritual

Language Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SEGA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online at multilingual vacancies website. Sent my application and got called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• WHat are the skills needed to a language tester?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEGA (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

1 day, video game testing. One to one interviews. There were bits done as a group and there were other bits done individually. Played games and filled in test forms. These were used in the one to one interviews.

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEGA (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2009.

Interview

Apply online as a new grad. Got chance to interview. 2 interviews, one with a HR rep and another with Executives. Interviews were general questions that you hear in companies (why SEGA, what have you been doing in school, etc). I ended going to a sales team of an arcade game called Sangokushi Taisen. Great environment for game fans.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SEGA (London, England (UK)) in April 2008.

Interview

Very professional. Received regular calls from the HR team updating me on the status of my application and through the interview process. The process consisted of three stages; one interview with HR, then one with the hiring manager and finally a presentation to a team of people. Outcome was delivered the day after the final interview.