SPS Commerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SPS Commerce Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone Interview -> 3 hr interview with various levels of management/shadowing -> brought me back to interview for a position a level higher ->offer

It was a difficult interview process. But the recruiter (Sarah Jackson) was one of the best people I could have asked to work with. It was an incredible interview process, everyone was very friendly. I was glad to accept an offer!

Interview Questions

• What do you think SPS Commerce does? What do you think you'd be doing in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took multiple months, but it was communicated to me why there was a delay in scheduling the onsite interview following the phone interview. They were focused on hiring people that were starting earlier than I planned on starting and so that was given priority. Following the onsite interview, I heard back quickly regarding the job. Everyone in the HR/recruiting process was very friendly and helpful when I had questions, even though the process took a while.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to SPS Commerce with your experiences?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SPS Commerce in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back the next day about scheduling a phone interview. Phone interview was average in difficulty with a mix of standard behavioral questions, but there wasn't much logical flow to the questions that were asked. Phone interview promptly ended once we started discussing salary ranges. Potential salary was far below my ask as well as the industry average, and it was clearly communicated that there was no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were frustrated during a project or with the outcome of a project?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying for a different position at SPS that was filled early on, I was later invited by the recruitment team to apply for the position of associate analyst. Once I applied for the associate analyst position I was contacted by Sarah Jackson who is a Senior Recruiter at SPS Commerce.

I had an initial phone interview with Sarah and was then brought on site. My interview process involved a meeting with my potential manager and her colleague, then the department director and his colleague to verify my foreign language competency. Finally, the senior recruiter came in to follow up on the entire process and give me a facilities tour before setting me up to shadow a person on site.

To be frank I was blown away by how incredibly the process proceeded. Sarah Jackson provided me with a clear understanding of the role and the company, not only was her personality a delight but her professional demeanor and candor were unlike any I've experienced so far in over a year of arduous interviews at various institutions in the Minneapolis Metro. Sarah was a prime example of what makes SPS great. Each interviewer had just as an authentic, concise, and warm presence throughout the process.

The company itself is filled with exciting prospect as it is rapidly growing and filled with energetic and sharp minds. The culture the company has to offer is also one of work hard, but there's always room to enjoy yourself on the journey.

I was very impressed with the interview process at SPS and was happy to accept when offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were geared more towards the intellect of an individual and how they handle particular challenges in their career and life. While asked about past career jobs, SPS focused more on my abilities as a contributor rather than saying how I've done something exactly the same for multiple years at other institutions.   1 Answer

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

The lady conducting the interview is very friendly.
    I was prepped by the staffing agent I was working with to be sure to provide thorough answers to questions, especially regarding my previous work experience. I made sure to be very specific and detailed in my answers. I was only asked a few questions about previous positions and why I wanted to work for them. I thought the interview went very well.

My staffing agent told me that the interviewer agreed that it went well, but passed on me simply because I "didn't answer the questions very thoroughly." I told the staffing agent that I enjoyed the interviewer, but that it was simply not true.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about previous experience

Tell me why you want this position
      Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SPS Commerce.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter contacted me by phone and asked me some basic general questions and behaviral questions. Things like walk through resume (education & industry background), what's your trouble-shooting skill, salary expectation, what does the position attract you most, do you prefer more technical or client-faced work, etc. Not tough but some questions are really tricky.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was schedule quickly and went very well. I was told I would have an onsite interview the following week or week after, but went 2 months of back and forth with the recruiter and never actually had an onsite interview set up. They became unresponsive and never communicated that they were no longer moving forward with the process.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial screen with Recruiter. This was followed with an interview itinerary of: 15 min with HR, 45 min with Sales Manager, 45 min shadowing current AE, 45 min with Sales Director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and commission structure is set. Was able to negotiate for some personal concerns and some developmental considerations.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SPS Commerce.

Interview

Meeting with HR then department managers. It is a customer service position and they want to make sure that you are able to control yourself in sometimes difficult situations

Customer Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

The HR lady was a nightmare to work with. She contacted me about a job and I replied shortly after. So I waited for a response and I emaild her again a days after not hearing back from her. So over a week has passed and she finally contacts me apologizing that we couldn't connect sooner but gives no real reason. After all that, we were able to set up a phone interview. So a few days later, I'm ready for my interview waiting by the phone. 15 mins pass the time she was supposed to call me, the phone finally rings. But ooh, it gets better, she calls to reschedule my interview for a later date......I agree because what choice do I really have. I finally get a phone interview and she comes off as she doesn't care for the interview. Like she was doing her due diligence and just wanted to get through the interview as soon as possible. She told me she'll contact me some time the following week. It's been over 2 weeks and I haven't even recieved an e-mail or anything. I mean, at least send me a rejection letter so I know. This was by far the most unprofessional HR representative I've worked with.