SPS Commerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SPS Commerce Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

Interview

Had the initial phone interview with a campus recruiter. After that I was contacted by a Sales recruiter to discuss which sales team. Then an in-person interview downtown with management.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was approx 30mins. Person hiring was extremely positive and very nice to deal with. They were standard behavioral based questions and wanted to know how my past experience could be translated into helping at this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a problem at a previous job and how did you contribute to helping to find a solution?   Answer Question

Fulfillment Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview and then was asked to come to their office for in-person interviews 2 weeks later. I felt good after the in-person interviews but did not receive an offer. I found out I was not selected via the SPS career page before their HR person reached out. I find this disappointing since that is their job-keeping candidates informed. SPS required 5 references which seems like overkill.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Had phone interview followed up by lengthy in-person interview.
    In-person interviews went well with the business but HR questions focused almost exclusively on negative situations. While we learn from tough situations, makes you wonder why the negative focus when work should be focused on positive outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Work history and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPS Commerce.

Interview

Cumbersome The process was very tedious and they required many levels of management and junior level employees to sit on panel for review. The question that were asked were cookie cutter nothing beyond your standard HR questions.

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Referred by an internal employee. I received a call from the HR recruiter within 48 hours and was set up for an in-person interview the following week. Interviewed on Monday and the official offer was made by Friday.

Interview Questions

• Are you competitive? What did you do in your last role, as it relates to inside sales?
      Overall fairly basic and straightforward questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Phone Interview -> 3 hr interview with various levels of management/shadowing -> brought me back to interview for a position a level higher ->offer

It was a difficult interview process. But the recruiter (Sarah Jackson) was one of the best people I could have asked to work with. It was an incredible interview process, everyone was very friendly. I was glad to accept an offer!

Interview Questions

• What do you think SPS Commerce does? What do you think you'd be doing in this role?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SPS Commerce (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took multiple months, but it was communicated to me why there was a delay in scheduling the onsite interview following the phone interview. They were focused on hiring people that were starting earlier than I planned on starting and so that was given priority. Following the onsite interview, I heard back quickly regarding the job. Everyone in the HR/recruiting process was very friendly and helpful when I had questions, even though the process took a while.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to SPS Commerce with your experiences?   Answer Question

BI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPS Commerce in March 2017.

Interview

1st was a screening round from a recruiter followed by one phone interview and one Skype interview with the whole team.
    One of the most helpful and responsive HR team I have come across.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about your background and previous work experience, not very difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SPS Commerce in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back the next day about scheduling a phone interview. Phone interview was average in difficulty with a mix of standard behavioral questions, but there wasn't much logical flow to the questions that were asked. Phone interview promptly ended once we started discussing salary ranges. Potential salary was far below my ask as well as the industry average, and it was clearly communicated that there was no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were frustrated during a project or with the outcome of a project?   Answer Question