Found 517 of over 545 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great office location and typically a relaxed culture." (in 59 reviews)
- "Great team and people." (in 42 reviews)
- "Good work life balance here" (in 37 reviews)
- "Good benefits (Stock Share plan, 401k 3% match, 15 days PTO starting" (in 20 reviews)
- "SPS has a great company culture and is growing quickly." (in 17 reviews)
- "Low pay and not competitive at all" (in 32 reviews)
- "Many people trying to leave due to poor management." (in 20 reviews)
- "Low salaries for other positions." (in 19 reviews)
- "There is lack of leadership across the office and no collaboration between the very two client" (in 11 reviews)
- "Depending on team, some people can be less willing to help" (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SPS Commerce and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 3.0Sep 17, 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMinneapolis, MN
- Interesting products and problems to solve - Free drinks at the downtown tower and discounted parking on-site. - The teammates you'll have - IF you get a good manager, they're solid and work to help you on your career journey. Big IF though.
- If you are an "engineer" at any level below staff engineer, you are not going to engineer solutions or solve problems. You'll be handed pseudo-code for an already solved problem and told to implement it how people above your pay level decided. You'll find out about program directions and things you're implementing as the sprints start sometimes. - To get promoted, you need to show ownership in something generally. This is impossible when the most senior folks on a team own and have planned every part of a feature. If you're just an implementer, you don't have "ownership" opportunities. Everyone on your team is told by their manager to "get more ownership" so any rare opportunity that comes by gets scooped up in an unhealthy competition with your coworkers. - When i left there was a push to be hybrid several days a week. - Managers change often, and there never seems to be a stable org chart for more than 9-12 months. I had 5 different managers in the 4 years I was there. - Management is only concerned about the burndown charts. Period. - Pay is meh, benefits are okay, promotions and advancement is a joke.
SPS Commerce Reviews FAQs
SPS Commerce has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 545 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at SPS Commerce to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
83% of SPS Commerce employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SPS Commerce 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.