SPS Commerce Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 242 reviews

3.5
SPS Commerce CEO Archie Black
Archie Black
Pros
  • "Work life balance is strong - no weekends, no need to even bring home a laptop or open email at night(in 19 reviews)

• "Quickly growing company allows for ample room to grow(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours just because it's the end of the month or end of the quarter(in 8 reviews)

• "Middle management showed no creativity or imagination(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Great Culture, Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SPS Commerce full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

SPS has an amazing culture. Leadership is incredibly aligned and and accessible. Company has been growing and profitable since going public 8 years ago- fun to be part of a winner. They hire really good people and know how to have fun (lots of company sponsored events/outings)

Cons

It is a fairly Minneapolis centric org, so might be tough if you are located in a non-Minneapolis office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing: executing, prioritizing employees and hiring excellent leaders. You have a winning formula.

2. "Great place to start a career"

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at SPS Commerce full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good work environment, lots of awesome people. Working downtown has its perks. They give you the ability to learn and grow in your role.

Cons

low pay and low impact as an employee

"SPS Commerce is a Millineal's dream...Not so much for this Gen X'r"

Former Employee - Customer Service Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at SPS Commerce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great flexibility with time off. Very understanding of emergencies. No reprecussions for being late or not being at your desk during scheduled hours. Benefits are better than average.

Cons

Middle management plays favorites. Don't be the person that's the odd man out. Very few employees in the dept I worked in with any tenure. Very clicky culture. Communication stinks! Too much tolerance for laziness. Too much information to remember all at one time when beginning. Job is very technical in nature but not advertised as such. If you are the odd man out, middle management will micro manage until they have...

Advice to Management

Allow for some mistakes and don't make your employees relive them over and over. Forgive and then forget! If you ever get tenured employees, allow for a full month of partnering while there are calls coming in the most. This way mistakes can be avoided and relationships built.

4. "Fun Challenging Fast Pace Culture"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SPS Commerce full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

-Growth Opportunities, Employee-focused, Career Development focus -Fun company culture -Good benefits (Stock Share plan, 401k 3% match, 15 days PTO starting -Reasonable and flexible work schedule depending on role -Great people, trustworthy and down to earth executives, good top-down communication

Cons

-Growing pains -Salaries are below industry standards -Complex internal Systems....but has improved VASTLY in last several years

Advice to Management

Be willing to fight for the salary of your direct reports - I have witnessed many people leave SPS with the primary motivation of higher pay elsewhere despite all other positive aspects of working at SPS.

5. "Great company growth"

Current Employee - Workforce Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SPS Commerce full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

- Co-workers are amazing - Most managers support and help you set professional goals

Cons

- Management isn't engaged directly with their team - A lot of "wants" from management but no collaboration or direction on how to obtain goals other than "do it"

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SPS Commerce full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Flexible hours, on-site gym, good benefits, great company culture, lots of happy hours and celebrating success

Cons

lots of change in comp plans every year; expect your quota to increase and your PCR to decrease

7. "Pretty Solid!"

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SPS Commerce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance. Relaxed work atmosphere. Lots of team outings and perks. Benefits are solid. All the La Croix you can drink.

Cons

Some teams don't work well with others. Some departments are understaffed. All the La Croix you can drink.

"Awesome opportunity depending on your management staff"

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at SPS Commerce full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The company culture is very supportive as a whole. My interactions with teams, individuals, directors, and executives company-wide were very positive. You can always find someone who wants to help you grow and succeed, and SPS has a knack for hiring some very high performing talent. There are plenty of names I wish I could leave in this review (but I won’t, Glassdoor terms of service team...) because they truly made me...

Cons

While the company as a whole is supportive of employees, there can be cliques of people who do not embody SPS’ values. This becomes problematic when those people are in management positions. Tip to any current or prospective employees: be friendly with your managers, even if you don’t agree with their decisions and treatment of you and/or others. If they don’t like you, you’ll have a bleak time at SPS. I had my fair share...

Advice to Management

Trust that your employees might have a better grasp of day to day business within the product they were hired to specialize in than you might. Avoid openly playing favorites. Show others the same respect you would ask they show you. I hope my former managers take to heart that they have their own opportunities and challenges to face when working along side—and not ruling over—the teams they have been made responsible...

9. "Frontend at SPS"

I worked at SPS Commerce full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Interesting projects; Possibility to contribute with new/different techs; Nice colleagues and atmosphere; Company events and culture;

Cons

Frontend is slow in advancing with new techs and approaches; Internal projects and apps have minor priority, some can be frozen or abandoned; Career opportunities are difficult.

10. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at SPS Commerce full-time

Pros

great environment and culture. fast paced, great opportunities to grow. one to use new technologies

Cons

unorganized, need to revamp new employee boarding for specific role

Found 242 reviews