SWIFT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.6

Senior Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SWIFT (Manassas, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen with basic IT questions, a description of the companies messaging tool technology, overview of benefits then query on your salary requirements. The salary mentioned was very low for the level of the position and DMV area so we ended the process. Thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Risk Management, Cloud and Security Development   Answer Question
    • Salary, they were 30K off a normal DC salary for a Security Professional but had great benefits. Maybe a good for a Junior level venturing into their first Senior Level position   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SWIFT.

Interview

Easy and straight to the point. Recruiting called first and had phone interview. Then received second phone interview with hiring manager. Third interview was in person with hiring manager and recruiter. Found out a week later I was not chosen.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SWIFT (Manassas, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manages/mentors. They will ask a variety of questions going over your resume. They will also ask some technical questions regarding the skills they will need. Overall it was a very relaxed interview and they offered me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with Linux and VIM?   1 Answer

Vendor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SWIFT (Manassas, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter submitted profile, phone interview, face to face interview, security check, offer. Standard process. There were three managers in the face to face interview. They all asked technology related questions.

Interview Questions

• General question about Management Style,   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SWIFT (Manassas, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online on company web site for one specific PM Position- email exchange with Technical Recruiter - Phone interview with Technical Recruiter - Technical Recruiter offer to be considered for other PM positions open . I agreed. Technical Recruiter said will talk to the hiring manager and will update - All silent and blank no update at all even after repeated emails.
    The reason I gave negative review is that the company that Toots “Special Benefits” did not have the basic professional courtesy to update and feedback. If the job was advertised and a potential candidate was contacted it is expected to formally inform the candidates about the process. How long it takes for HR team to get information from functional manager and convey to the candidate. If that cannot be done in two weeks I will seriously question about company staff abilities in people skill?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      What is your project management experience
      How are you a good fit for this position
      What is your Banking experience (was a bit surprised that I was coming form IT in Telecommunication background and it was clear form resumee)
      What is your experience is Security projects
      Will you be interested in considered for other PM position that just opened.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SWIFT in March 2015.

Interview

Basic 1 to 1 phone call no "tell me about a time questions" very casual discussion more than an interview. I appreciated that the HR Director took the time to know me on a more personal basis rather than judge me completely on how I can mold stories to fit the questions they want ansered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      What specifically are you interested in?   1 Answer

Senior Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culpeper, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SWIFT (Culpeper, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

First contacted by HR Department for telephone interview. Face to face interview set up at jobsite 10 days later. Contacted 10 days later and was told "good news you're still in the running as candidate." Almost 6 six weeks from start to finish email received that another candidate chosen.

Interview Questions

• Can you show/tell me how you would handle my Outlook calendar (shows the candidate the calendar)   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me your top 3 strengths and weaknesses? Also interviewed by senior management assistant for IT Director and was asked if I could tell her my top 5 strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Do you think you and I would get along if we worked together? (Asked by Senior Management Assistant for IT Director)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Fantastic. HR person and interviewer were fantastic to me. They kept an open line of communication throughout the interview process. Offer was extended to me 2 days after interview with manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SWIFT in January 2013.

Interview

Professional setting while still providing a laid back atmosphere. Straight forward about what expectations are.

Interview Questions

• How much would you like to make   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything happened very quickly and I was able to get all my questions answered before accepting the offer.

Security Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culpeper, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SWIFT (Culpeper, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Numerous interviews (4). Starts with phone interview from HR, proceeds to management interview, then back to HR to ensure salary negotiation will work, then back to management for final interview. It took 5 weeks, which I thought was excessive. Lots of waiting in between interviews, but HR is communicative and keeps you in the loop pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job for this one?
      What value will you bring to the company?
      What is more important to you, benefits or work fit?
      How do you feel about a risk averse culture?   Answer Question