Saga Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saga Group Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.7

Studio Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saga Group.

Interview

Informal, creative, engaged, reassuring and positive.

I presented my work, answered questions and we spoke all teh things we had in common, as we were all creative people with similar backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folkestone, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saga Group (Folkestone, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a one day assessment. The day was well organised, I found that the instructions for the day were clear and concise and were well expedited. Any questions that I asked were answered clearly and the day was informative.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this role?   1 Answer

Saga Group Response

Jun 9, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Congratulations on your new role! Thank you for sharing a review. If you need any support or help in the future please get in touch with us - The Saga Recruitment Team.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saga Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. I was interviewed by one manager for an hour. The manager revealed at the interview that he was interviewing everyone who had applied to the vacancy over the course of two months. What a horrendous waste of time and money for all the candidates that applied for this vacancy. Furthermore this indicates that the manager lacks the ability to accurately assess CVs, otherwise why resort to interviewing everyone. I will not waste my time with this company again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saga Group.

Interview

Initial telephone interview, then interview in person, then split into teams to design a product and sell it to the other team, from there we waited to find out if we would get a further interview in the afternoon

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folkestone, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saga Group (Folkestone, England (UK)).

Interview

Had 2 interviews and some tests which some were individual tests and also group testing which was really cool as they tested all skills needed for the role. Everyone was really friendly and made the day really fun and interesting.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broadstairs, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Saga Group (Broadstairs, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview/training day around 2 weeks later.

Process consisted of two interviews, along with a teamwork-based group activity.
    The interviews were both conducted face-to-face, with one personality and skills based, and one based on previous experiences.
    This was followed by an hour spent observing a Saga employee during a phone call to a customer.

Advice: Only apply if willing to commit to the job long-term. Saga are more keen to accept applicants who are looking for a career within the company.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from previous work experience that you will bring to SAGA?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folkestone, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Saga Group (Folkestone, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an 'assessment day' which consisted of a meet and greet of managers and recruitment staff as well as the group you was with that day. You were split into groups and would each do a different task/activity or interview so that no one was left waiting around everyone was doing something throughout the day. There were two interviews both of which were very professional however the interviewers made you feel very relaxed at all times and were very pleasant to chat too. After this we had a lunch break of 1hr then after that we continued with all activities till everyone had compleated all of them. We then had a team building exercise and that concluded the day. Very enjoyable day and found out if we were successful or not two days after assessment day.

Interview Questions

• In my competency interivew I was asked to tick what was most and least like me. after this they would ask why you chose what you did for example.

"you ticked that it was 'most like you' to like setting goals to achieve, please explain why this is most like you with examples"   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saga Group (Maidstone, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The process started with a telephone interview where I spoke to a very friendly man and I was asked questions related to my CV and my previous experience. I was then put on hold for a few minutes and then told I had been successful!
    For stage two I was emailed a series of tests (such as a mathematics test, a quiz to test how quickly I could listen to a voice and type at the same time, and a "spot the error" test).
    I was then invited to a recruitment day which was a group setting and we were given a talk on what the values of Saga are and what it is like to work for that company. We were also given the chance to ask any questions.
    The final stage was the interview, where I was sat in a room with two managers and asked a series of questions relating to the job role I had applied for and how my experiences relate to it. Both managers were very friendly and made me feel very relaxed!

Interview Questions

• Q: What experience do you have with working as part of a team?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folkestone, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saga Group (Folkestone, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Saga have a HR driven policy of inviting external applicants to 'compete' for positions as part of a measurement/benchmarking framework. At that point HR exit the process meaning that the hiring manager can freely choose who they want, providing that the candidate gets past the 'later on' mandatory screening. This is something to be wary of as an external candidate because no matter how you perform, if the manager has a preferred internal candidate - perhaps a long term colleague or friend - then they will be on a predetermined path no matter how you do, making your interview a perfunctory one.
    The process started for me by meeting a recruitment agency, who told me they were seeing Saga the next day. Almost three weeks went by when I was suddenly invited in for an interview. A couple of days before some online tests were sent in. I feel I aced them but no mention of the scores was ever provided.
    The first online game showed three numbers e.g. 7, 11, 13 and you had to work out which was the furthest number from the middle one. A word game then came up where you had to pair up associated words e.g. fat, chubby, angry or fat, tall, thin. There was also a game with a rotating letter, I think it was the letter F and you had to transpose it in your mind. With three genuine shape rotations and a subtley different non imitator on its side and you pick out the phoney one. Lastly was the behavioural nonsense game where you have a choice of 4 words and have to pick the one that most describes you and the one least. These lists tend to have 4 inappropriate adjectives one time, then 4 possibles another.
    The interview itself was late, then the person who met me bumbled around looking for a room and then said that they were the original hiring manager but a reshuffle had happened and then suddenly a second person appeared and declared themselves to be the new hiring manager/interviewer. I talked to them both for about an hour, but you know as an interviewee when it is perfunctory or there is interest. Almost three weeks went by before the company bothered to notify the agency and then with no feedback other than, surprise, surprise the internal candidate had been successful.

Interview Questions

• Standard run through of CV from beginning to end with questions about certain roles plus the standard 4 to 5 competency questions. These are always about telling a little story to describe a behavioural compliance to the one that is wanted.   Answer Question

Trainee Actuary Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saga Group.

Interview

The interview process started with a telephone interview with the hiring manager, then I was invited to an assessment centre. The day was split into three parts: a case study, an interview and a group presentation exercise. There was also opportunity to find out more about the company and ask questions during lunch with employees of the department.