Saga Group Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2021

3.8
Saga Group CEO Euan Sutherland
Euan Sutherland
Pros
  • "Team work, great people and staff discount(in 9 reviews)

• "Good place to work, work life balance is good(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Complaints are not professionally handled by the senior management team(in 14 reviews)

• "Numerous redundancies, no job security, staff treated like a number not a person(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Anonymous manager in the company

Mar 19, 2019 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel opportunities and great people

Cons

Top tier not on the pulse of employees

Recruitment Lead

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with Saga and I appreciate the review. Regards, Gary N

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Waste of time

Jul 8, 2011 - Sales Agent in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

small environment, nice co-workers and not a lot of inter-office politics. decent pay based on amount of employees. could have been a cool place if the boss wasn't all over the place

Cons

where should i start? lack of leadership- not consistent. delegate w/o clear direction and impatient. used inappropriate communication with employees. environment not encouraging.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good for you but not your career

Sep 16, 2016 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary for the area Some people are so nice Work/life balance Staff discounts Staff events

Cons

Paranoid management "This is how we've always done it" Outdated processes, structure and ideas Every day is the same Parking

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A mixed bag

Mar 12, 2021 - Customer Service in Folkestone, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pension scheme was quite generous although there were talks of reforming this around the time I left so not sure if it is as good now. Saga is also a recognisable brand in the UK and is good to have on your CV if you're looking to move on in the industry.

Cons

When I was there Saga had this very old fashioned approach to heirarchy whereby it was impossible to seek advice from senior management without having to go through someone else. It came across as a bit arrogant; almost as though it was beneath them to be contacted by lesser employees. The atmosphere in Saga was cliquey and prone to a lot of office gossip, unnecessary workplace drama. I'm not sure if this is symptomatic of a lot of employees joining as school leavers and not maturing as they climb the career ladder as this atmosphere permeated from above. It was, at times, toxic. There was also this culture that the Saga way of doing things was some sort of industry gold standard although since I've left and joined my new employer, I've come to see that by comparing Saga's business processes to where I am now, that the Saga way was often inferior and did more to antagonise their customers and staff than help.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good benefits, great colleagues

Dec 1, 2020 - Senior Information Technology Auditor in Sandgate, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work. Colleagues friendly and supportive. I enjoyed my time working here. A lot of change and restructuring, a willingness to finally move forward technologically and with more modern methods in some areas. Staff turnover high in some areas. There is a degree of the favourites game, but that can happen in many organisations, not to say it is right, but it is common. I would happily work here again. Despite losing a heap of money due to falling share price and share reissues. Would not have left if I had not been made redundant. I still believe in the Saga brand and that their customers are truly valued.

Cons

Hours can be long and this can become the norm rather than the odd occurrence. There are some pockets where morale is low and culture is poor, with over bearing managers. Contact centre work was highly stressful and the culture there was poor. Treated like a child, over micromanaged and treated like you were lazy regardless of how hard you worked or how much overtime you did. Additionally, breaks were your responsibility, but you had no control over them, which often meant they were missed. Far more take than give and commission very challenging to actually earn.

Recruitment Lead

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time working here. Regards, Gary

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Okay

Apr 25, 2021 - Sales Advisor in Folkestone, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary for an easy job

Cons

Working from home and boring

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company but a little way to go

Apr 14, 2021 - Email Developer in Folkestone, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and empathy and bonus are generous

Cons

Career progression is limited within the company

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Current employer

Apr 10, 2021 - Prefer Not to Say in Folkestone, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, benefits, location, hours, fun

Cons

Corporate, Climbers, Lifers, opaque, posturing

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great worklife balance

Apr 8, 2021 - Scrum Master in Folkestone, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working Decent salary Progression possible

Cons

Have to be self motivated

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

5***** company to work for

Feb 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You're considered as a person and not a number! Saga take your feedback onboard and are actively looking to improve process' where they can and do so quickly. They're a very adaptable company and flexible to work for, the hours are good, you work from home which is ideal if you've got a busy life and don't need the wasted hours in the commute. The company cares, it's still got it's family ethos but in a larger organisation. It's brilliant.

Cons

None - it's a fantastic company to work for and I love working here.

Recruitment Lead

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments are great to read. There has been a lot of changes and I believe we are still true to our values and family ethos so it is good to see that reflected in your review. Many thanks, Gary N.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews