Salk Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salk Institute Interview Questions

2.5

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call with the hiring manager. After about a week, was invited for an in-person interview. Met with 5-6 different people including graduate student, post-doc, faculty, the hiring manager, and the hiring manager's supervisor. There were not a lot of technical questions. More like brain storm sessions about things we could do together. I believe the hiring decision rests highly on the letter/chat with my references.

Interview Questions

• How do you map the double helix structure from super-resolution image?   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with the lab manager and then two different postdocs whom I potentially could work with. I interviewed with each one separately and they described what they were working on and what they needed from me. Then, about a week later, I was called in to meet with the PI and choose find out which postdoc I would be working with.

Oncology Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in and was greeted by the lab manager who was going to be leading the interview. She introduced me to the group that I would be working with and had, who would have been my direct supervisor, come and participate in the interview. After an hour of questions they led me back to the HR office.

Interview Questions

• How well do you perform on a time sensitive project?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any issues with driving to the location?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Human resources first reached out to me and asked me a few questions. After that I set up a time to meet with the P.I. and the graduate students within the lab. The interview process was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• When I could start, why I am interested in this position, how does my experience relate to the job description...   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I found a open position on their website and submitted my application online. About a week later I got an interview. It was with the lab manager, the 3 research scientists in the lab, and the 2 postdoc I would be working with if hired. I was told they will inform me the result next week, but I never heard them back ever since. They even didn't respond to my email.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salk Institute (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Not too extensive. Similar to other institutes. Based on my CV, the PI provided flight and hotel and the interview process was about 1 full day. Talked to the PI and lab mates.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First arrived at HR, where I was then escorted to the laboratory. Met the professor and we talked about the research and a few of the skills I had mentioned on my resume - nothing too in depth.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you considering graduate school instead of this position?   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

HR manager and lab manager came for a 40min interview. They are very friendly, Interview process very comfortable. They give a brief introduction of their lab and ask me about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• 1.Describe your past research and 2. Next 5-years goal.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salk Institute.

Interview

The whole process was very quick and easy! I had 6 interviews in a 3 hour period, each with a panel of three people I would work with. Everyone was really friendly and annoyed that they had to go through stock HR questions before getting to know me better. The standard questions were all situational and focus on how you handled certain situations in the past.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salk Institute.

Interview

Look for job through website and contact via e-mail and schedule for interview. give a talk and chat around with other postdoc. I got offer after meeting with other postdoc.