SalonCentric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Manger and district manager interviewed me.
    They have a paper full of basic questions.
    The manager asked me questions while the other stood there and listened.
    Questions have to do with your experience in the past and how you would deal with customers sales and shipments. They ask you about 10+ questions on the paper and explain what you'll need to do

Interview Questions

• How i would deal with a rude customer
      How would i upsell a customer   8 Answers

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

First I applied online then I was called by the store manager. The store manager asked when i would be able tk set up an interview over the phone. Set up an interview, it went well- questions were brief and not hard to answer. Second interview was in person a week later. Interviewers were very friendly, I felt comfortable and knew exactly what my job would entail. Offered the job after the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick Salon Centric for employment?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Manchester, NH) in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application and got a call and interview the very next day. Went in for my interview and was told I was perfect and that she wanted me to interview with the gm to go over the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• A time that I have experienced exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application. After two weeks I called the location to see if the position was still available. I was called back for a phone interview then one-on-one with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical- How did you handle a disagreement with your boss, How do you stay current with trends, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Naperville, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

very long process. took almost a month from my 1st phone call to my official hire date. 1st phone screen then in person interview with manager, then with district manager, then hr woman then drug test, background check then i was finally hired. but i felt i had to call them to follow up after every step and it was very frustrating like i was not a top priority. very disappointed with the way it was handled.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Columbus, OH) in September 2009.

Interview

The interview process took a while. I interviewed with the DM and a store manager at the same time. Then about one week later a different store manager interviewed me. They did a background check which included a credit check and then you have 3 days to go take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is zero negotiation. 8.00 an hour for part time associates and 12.00 per hour for management.

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Multiple interviews took about 2 weeks, face to face with district manager then on to the human resources manager and be ready to state your salary requirement (If you want more than 16 per/hr forget it)this is all over the phone then proceed to the Regional manager which may be over the phone first then in person.

Interview Questions

• Basics for a management position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process has gone on since March until August. My one and only face to face interview was with a very scattered, disheveled district manager of some kind.

Interview Questions

• HR questioned more during a phone interview than this so called district manager. I now understand why their stores look disheveled and stores have no flow or organization. It starts from the head down.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

So many grueling interviews. I had 6 - 1 in person, 5 on the phone, all with different people. Too much time in-between each one as I was in a hotel, out of state and the process cost me a fortune. I'd hung around as each interview went great and based on where the job was located, the salary was fantastic.

My main contact was well aware I was in a hotel, yet still, I had only 1 interview per wk. I was grilled and never worked so hard for a job shilling shampoo. Around wk 5, as another candidate was apparently being considered, regular texts and email communication started to slough off, contact wasn't as warm or friendly from my main contact, and then suddenly after interview 6, nothing.

I texted later that wk, then emailed to ask if they needed further info or more interviews. Did the same the following week. Heard nothing, at all. I assume they hired someone else, but a note to management, if someone gives so much of their time and attention to accommodating your schedules to interview, at very least a "thanks but we hired someone else" email, voice mail or text would be respectful and professional. I was especially disgusted as it was known I'd come cross country for the interviewing process & they kept leading me on, saying not to leave, it was going great.

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you interviewing with? (This was in my 1st interview, which was face to face).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

It was very cookie cutter. Very easy to give answers that they wanted to hear. It is totally not based on personality. They asked very specific questions and I was guided in giving my answers. I was literally asked the same question 3 times, just worded different each time.