SalonCentric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SalonCentric Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

HQ Florida Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric.

Interview

HR rep was very nice and thorough. However the hiring manager was very unprofessional and unethical. He wasn't prepared, probably didn't even think he had to do an interview, talked bad about the company at times, and from the first 10 seconds you could tell that he didn't want to be interviewing. I am glad to that I didn't get an an offer (assuming I didn't because they didn't follow up or respond to my email) because it left me a bad taste or what it could have been working for that department.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this position when you could be doing other things?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Rome, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very basic . A few questions bout my back ground an previous experience in customer service. And a few other questions of her own. The interview was with the store manager. After the interview with her she set up a phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of the best customer service you have given in past to make a customer happy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. My pay coming in was great.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

In person interview with several executives in the NOC. They seemed confused by the direction of the company when I asked questions about future mobility and company outlook. Questions were extremely easy. I got the impression they were not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about goal achievement, success, etc. all basic.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application. After two weeks I called the location to see if the position was still available. I was called back for a phone interview then one-on-one with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical- How did you handle a disagreement with your boss, How do you stay current with trends, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with my store manager with pretty simple questions asking about my experience and availability and was then invited in for a one on one interview with her. The questions were printed on a piece of paper and she was really relaxed and easy to talk to. She wrote down my answers. We got along really well and they were pretty standard interview questions. The interview was probably about 15 minutes and she told me after she was going to recommend me and pass my interview on to the district manager. I got a call for a phone interview from the district manager in the next couple days where she basically asked the same things and also asked for lots of examples. She then told me I would get a call back in a few days they would let me know if I got the position. 3 hours later I got it. I had applied on loreals website about 2 weeks before being interviewed and the interview process took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Interview was good. First i filled out a paper application they need for in the store even though i filled one out online. (i filled an app out online and heard back about 2 weeks later) Then she asked me various interview questions of course and took some notes. She was very friendly and made me feel comfortable, like talking to someone you know. felt like more of a conversation than an interview. waited 5 days after my interview then finally received a call saying i got the job. now just waiting for an email with instructions on how to go about the Drug Screening.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just asking about scenarios of prior work experiences whether they're good or bad and what you did to overcome or learn from the situations basically.   1 Answer

Salon Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cadillac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Cadillac, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was called about a week later for a phone interview. The process took about 30 minutes and was quite elaborate. I then received an email about a week later telling me I was selected for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your previous sales experience   Answer Question
    • Can you explain a scenario when you felt uncomfortable at a previous job.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SalonCentric in February 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview w store manager that lasted about 15 minutes, then had an in person interview with store manager and district manager. Very long interview. The district manager basically had a run down of what was required. She said if we were going to beauty school or school in general that would be a "conflict of interest." (Wut. This is a part-time job in retail.) Then she goes on and on about how we need to have an open schedule and be open to traveling to the other stores in San Diego. She also went on about how other stores will need other employees to cover for them etc. she basically was saying, "you can't have a life outside being an on-call sales associate for us." And at the VERY end she says that this job will give me 10-15 hours?!! Bish what?? So you want me to not go to school, not have goals, to work for your warehouse store for 10 hours a damn week? You funny.

Made no sense

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Manger and district manager interviewed me.
    They have a paper full of basic questions.
    The manager asked me questions while the other stood there and listened.
    Questions have to do with your experience in the past and how you would deal with customers sales and shipments. They ask you about 10+ questions on the paper and explain what you'll need to do

Interview Questions

• How i would deal with a rude customer
      How would i upsell a customer
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Have a retail and/or beauty background. Must have wide availability. Be confident in your selling. You might be called in for an interview with little notice. When applying in-store and interviewing, dress trendy/business casual (no jeans if you can help it) hair and make up clean and nice (you don't have to wear a lot, just something like you're trying)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 1 year/5 years?
      What's your availability?