SalonCentric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Grand Junction, CO).

Interview

put in application, got an interview next day. had second interview a week later and got job offering next day. took drug test and had to wait about 7 days before beginning

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Manchester, NH) in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application and got a call and interview the very next day. Went in for my interview and was told I was perfect and that she wanted me to interview with the gm to go over the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• A time that I have experienced exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

First I applied online then I was called by the store manager. The store manager asked when i would be able tk set up an interview over the phone. Set up an interview, it went well- questions were brief and not hard to answer. Second interview was in person a week later. Interviewers were very friendly, I felt comfortable and knew exactly what my job would entail. Offered the job after the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick Salon Centric for employment?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Orange Park, FL).

Interview

There were three people, the district manager and two store managers. They asked basic customer service questions and how I would handle it. They asked my opinion if their store looked clean.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process has gone on since March until August. My one and only face to face interview was with a very scattered, disheveled district manager of some kind.

Interview Questions

• HR questioned more during a phone interview than this so called district manager. I now understand why their stores look disheveled and stores have no flow or organization. It starts from the head down.   Answer Question

HQ Florida Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric.

Interview

HR rep was very nice and thorough. However the hiring manager was very unprofessional and unethical. He wasn't prepared, probably didn't even think he had to do an interview, talked bad about the company at times, and from the first 10 seconds you could tell that he didn't want to be interviewing. I am glad to that I didn't get an an offer (assuming I didn't because they didn't follow up or respond to my email) because it left me a bad taste or what it could have been working for that department.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this position when you could be doing other things?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

So many grueling interviews. I had 6 - 1 in person, 5 on the phone, all with different people. Too much time in-between each one as I was in a hotel, out of state and the process cost me a fortune. I'd hung around as each interview went great and based on where the job was located, the salary was fantastic.

My main contact was well aware I was in a hotel, yet still, I had only 1 interview per wk. I was grilled and never worked so hard for a job shilling shampoo. Around wk 5, as another candidate was apparently being considered, regular texts and email communication started to slough off, contact wasn't as warm or friendly from my main contact, and then suddenly after interview 6, nothing.

I texted later that wk, then emailed to ask if they needed further info or more interviews. Did the same the following week. Heard nothing, at all. I assume they hired someone else, but a note to management, if someone gives so much of their time and attention to accommodating your schedules to interview, at very least a "thanks but we hired someone else" email, voice mail or text would be respectful and professional. I was especially disgusted as it was known I'd come cross country for the interviewing process & they kept leading me on, saying not to leave, it was going great.

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you interviewing with? (This was in my 1st interview, which was face to face).   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Rome, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very basic . A few questions bout my back ground an previous experience in customer service. And a few other questions of her own. The interview was with the store manager. After the interview with her she set up a phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of the best customer service you have given in past to make a customer happy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. My pay coming in was great.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Clearwater, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

It took almost four months. I applied online thru L'Oreal website and also hand delivered my resume to the store. After hearing nothing for a week, I called. Then called corporate. Had to go in and fill out an application but this took three weeks before being told I could do this. Then it took two and a half months and two unusual interviews before I got hired. That's because of turn-over with staff. New DM and new store manager.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a dozen scenarios of situations that could happen in the work place and asked how I would handle them.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SalonCentric (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

In person interview with several executives in the NOC. They seemed confused by the direction of the company when I asked questions about future mobility and company outlook. Questions were extremely easy. I got the impression they were not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about goal achievement, success, etc. all basic.   Answer Question