Sanmina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sanmina Interview Questions

Interviews at Sanmina

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina in October 2018.

Interview

Interview process was quick and took about a week to get back to me. You should expect to be interviewed 1 on 1 with a manger of the department you expect to go in.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy doing. How good are you in a team environment   Answer Question

Assembly Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sanmina (San Jose, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

the interview process was standard and straight to the point. the turn around was quick, I was interviewed and the following week I was hired and started the position right away.

Interview Questions

• tell me a bit about yourself as well as past experiences.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sanmina in August 2018.

Interview

Interview went well. Focused on changes they wished to make and how my experience could help them get there. Interviewer was very forthright and honest that he needed to get corporate VP approval to move forward. He was not able to garner enough approval at this time to make the position possible for me.

Interview Questions

• When your previous company was in a state of extreme growth where the workload was high, how did you handle the work and that environment.   Answer Question

IT Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL) in April 2018.

Interview

Standard interview process with normal questions. Nothing off the wall and no real hard questions. Was prepared for an off the wall question but none was given and interview went really well.

Electronics Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me from a mutual contact on LinkedIn and it was completely unexpected. I never applied to Sanmina (or in Houston, the Sensorwise company). Hiring manager asked me if I was interested in a job they recently posted, I said yes. The HR contacted me shortly afterwards and asked me to apply to the job posting on Monster and I did so. A week later, the front desk receptionist called me and asked me when I could come in the next day to interview with them. I showed up about 10 minutes before the interview. Front door needed an employee card so I couldn't get in. I called the front desk receptionist to see if she could let me in, but she didn't answer her cell phone. Called the hiring manager, he answered and let me in. He said I arrived earlier than expected so he needed about 15 more minutes before he wanted to show me around. I waited in the lobby. The hiring manager showed me around the office and their manufacturing plant right next to the offices. Looked like any other manufacturing facility. Interesting products as he showed me where they made their electronics and oil drills. Brought me back to the offices. It was barren and there was a lot of empty office space and vacant office rooms (this wasn't a good sign). Arrived at their conference room and it was rather dark inside even with all of their lights on. This is where the real interview started. I thought I was going to be able to talk to other engineers in the building during the interview process. But... I didn't. See below on what I was asked but it wasn't much. The hiring manager informed me that these job postings randomly happen without their consent (WHICH WAS A WEIRD THING TO SAY BECAUSE HE INITIALLY REACHED OUT TO ME). He also mentioned that they recently got out of a hiring freeze a few months before. Got done with the interview, shook his hand and thanked him for his time. He seemed to like a lot of things that were on my resume. The only time the hiring manager looked at me in the eye is when I first met him and we said goodbye. It was awkward. I felt like I was talking to a brick wall. The hiring manager said he will contact me the next week on to take a competency test for technical questions in regards to electronics and hardware engineering. A week went by, I don't hear anything and so I emailed him to simply follow up and asked when they were ready for me to come in again, no response, of course. I called him the next week to check up on how things were going. He informed me that they weren't looking to hire anyone.... EXCUSE ME, WHAT? Why even reach out to me in the first place? The hiring manager was a friendly person but I honestly don't believe that he understood the company's situation very well, which made me question this company's future (at least in Houston). Sanmina has a rather high revenue but it looks like the Houston office might not be doing well. Oh well, whatever.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager just about things from my resume and my experience with particular software and hardware I mentioned from my resume.... THAT'S IT! Nothing else.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL) in January 2018.

Interview

A Human Resources employee contacted me by phone to schedule the interview. I received an email confirmation for the date and time of the interview and the email also the name and title of the hiring manager that would be conducting my interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities you developed or enhanced through your work experience   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanmina in November 2017.

Interview

Very laid back. Slow to get back to you. Asked me to attend on site interview for which they have still not paid me my travel expenses. When final offer was made they tried to negotiate by sticking to what was offered first. Be very careful what you sign up for if they cant even pay their candidates for time spent on meeting them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and 2 other variants of it   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanmina.

Interview

I had a brief informational phone interview and was later called in for an in-person interview in one of their offices here in the east bay. I was interviewed about the head of PM, and she basically just went through my resume asking questions about various projects.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sanmina.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. My direct supervisor and his boss both conducted the interview. They were really laid back and friendly. The only problem I had was I waited 2 months to hear back from them. That seems a little excessive.

Interview Questions

• Why would you say you are qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was impressed that we bypassed the obligatory "let's redundantly discuss your résumé" portion and skipped right to the questions and dialogue part of the interview.

We spent about 20 minutes touching on critical aspects of the position, and then about 10 minutes exchanging a few questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle office politics?   1 Answer